Exam #8006: Just received the letter, List #1185

youngblaze

Wait I'm a lil confused 8006 is it for TA, OA or both bcuz from what I've been reading in the forums plus adding in prgordo's surprise response it sounds like TA. If so how did you get to pick into OA?

The only thing with OA and TA is status; TA is Civil Service and OA is not. However, OA and TA merged a while back so everyone's on one system and able to move between depots in the division regardless of status. The only surface division unable to do this currently is MTA Bus Company (the private lines subsidiary). And, btw, applicants from 8006 are TA status.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only thing with OA and TA is status; TA is Civil Service and OA is not. However, OA and TA merged a while back so everyone's on one system and able to move between depots in the division regardless of status. The only surface division unable to do this currently is MTA Bus Company (the private lines subsidiary). And, btw, applicants from 8006 are TA status.

Thanx AE that's great news. my uncle got called down to Livingston for OA but honestly he is currently in MTABC and can barely handle the "stress" of being queens B/O so I'm a lil skeptical about he being able to handle "real" city driving. Assuming he makes it thru drug test and training again I can tell him to man up and make it to general pick and come back to BK so thanx again for the info

What was available when you guys were picking ???????????

when we chose there was no bronx depots available

There were:

2 slots @ 126 street

6 slots @ west farms

2 slots @ fresh pond

4 slots @ ENY

2 slots @ flatbush

2 slots @ grand

6 slots @ jackie gleason

2 slots @ ulmer park

What's going on fellas?

I am scheduled for my pre-road test tomorrow at Zerega...can any of you give me some tips on what exactly the DMV looks for during the road test?

I passed mines the day I saw you I only lost 10 points and that was for poor judgement on the highway I changed lanes too fast

Better to stay away from curb and get 5 points off then hit and fail

lol

they dont check medical records at all now you got the run around hope all goes good

Tell that to Dr. Chung OHS. As of yesterday 11/3/11 I was taken off of medical hold and qualified! I went to dcas today to have my name re-established to the list even tho it still says I'm on an outstanding certification. List# 1049. Thanks bro!:)

What's going on fellas?

I am scheduled for my pre-road test tomorrow at Zerega...can any of you give me some tips on what exactly the DMV looks for during the road test?

Say eveerything outloud and clearly. When i took my rd test i didnt give that dmv guy one inch to give me a point. Hopefully you passed.

Tell that to Dr. Chung OHS. As of yesterday 11/3/11 I was taken off of medical hold and qualified! I went to dcas today to have my name re-established to the list even tho it still says I'm on an outstanding certification. List# 1049. Thanks bro!;)

jamar

did dcas tell you when the TA will request the next list??...also it still says I,m on an outstanding also I hope they actually put my name back on the list

Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us...Please let me know if you hear anything for 180 livingston.....thanks

jamar

did dcas tell you when the TA will request the next list??...also it still says I,m on an outstanding also I hope they actually put my name back on the list

Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us...Please let me know if you hear anything for 180 livingston.....thanks

I didn't ask. They may not have another class until late jan-feb 2012, I have no idea! That doctor caused me to miss the class!!!

• 1 month later...

Archived