Exam #8006: Just received the letter, List #1185

youngblaze

I'll be reporting to LGA at 0900 with Supt. Reyes, I'm actually en route to the depot now to familiarize myself with the area

Supt. Reyes babysitted our class for a good amount of the day when we had presentations from both the Union and folks from the benefits department and such.

I thought the depot that you do your 3 weeks of line training is the

depot that you picked into and stay at afterwards.

Once the system pick goes into effect on 01/08/12, for how long does

it last? until around October/2012?

Yes, that's your depot. However, the system pick is different as EVERYONE must go to East New York Depot on their assigned day and time to pick their assignment - runs and depot movement (hence: "system" pick). Again, this is for the system pick only; non-system picks are held inside your home depot.

This pick also determines whether you'll be bumped out by other higher seniority folks.

I guess you can say the pick is 3 or 4 times a year (don't have the exact number, but it's 3 or 4), so I'm guessing the pick will end sometime in March / April. Now that's when folks when pick again, but inside their depots instead of going to East New York.

Does the rate goes up after the training period?

Yes and no; the $20.96 rate is standard bus operator rate, but increases each year til you reach top pay in your 3rd year, which is currently $29.95 per hour, subject to change by 3% when the contract renews in January for us, so about $30.84 per hour.

Note: many runs pay more than 8 hours, which is built-in OT; and factor in night differential.

Not bad, eh? lol

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be reporting to LGA at 0900 with Supt. Reyes, I'm actually en route to the depot now to familiarize myself with the area

Supt. Reyes babysitted our class for a good amount of the day when we had presentations from both the Union and folks from the benefits department and such.

I thought the depot that you do your 3 weeks of line training is the

depot that you picked into and stay at afterwards.

Once the system pick goes into effect on 01/08/12, for how long does

it last? until around October/2012?

Yes, that's your depot. However, the system pick is different as EVERYONE must go to East New York Depot on their assigned day and time to pick their assignment - runs and depot movement (hence: "system" pick). Again, this is for the system pick only; non-system picks are held inside your home depot.

This pick also determines whether you'll be bumped out by other higher seniority folks.

I guess you can say the pick is 3 or 4 times a year (don't have the exact number, but it's 3 or 4), so I'm guessing the pick will end sometime in March / April. Now that's when folks when pick again, but inside their depots instead of going to East New York.

Yes and no; the $20.96 rate is standard bus operator rate, but increases each year til you reach top pay in your 3rd year, which is currently $29.95 per hour, subject to change by 3% when the contract renews in January for us, so about $30.84 per hour.

Note: many runs pay more than 8 hours, which is built-in OT; and factor in night differential.

Not bad, eh? lol

well my friend story(ulmer park)

he got there by 830 and chill til 9

he was first person to drive. he drove thru the streets for while then he had to drive on belt parkway to flatland, carnisie area.

he did fine. he had couple challenges that the trainer was getting him confidence. he had to drive thru a double park tractor trailer with double park cars on both side of the street which a bus can get through. he barely had like 5 inches on both side almost touching the trailer side mirror and car side mirror. he had do k turn on one of the street as well not alley docking.

he was first person to drive. he drove thru the streets for while then he had to drive on belt parkway to flatland, carnisie area.

he did fine. he had couple challenges that the trainer was getting him confidence. he had to drive thru a double park tractor trailer with double park cars on both side of the street which a bus can get through. he barely had like 5 inches on both side almost touching the trailer side mirror and car side mirror. he had do k turn on one of the street as well not alley docking.

For the system pick you can go to East New York Or Quill to pick. go to where ever it is easier to pick.

hey Iam goin back down to livingston st. next week..I had to wait until I got

my NJ CDL with (P) endoresement.I guess that is a follow up to my original SEPT 12 appt. Does anybody know what take place at that pre-employment

I got that 21 page package and off I went..

For the system pick you can go to East New York Or Quill to pick. go to where ever it is easier to pick.

hey Iam goin back down to livingston st. next week..I had to wait until I got

my NJ CDL with (P) endoresement.I guess that is a follow up to my original SEPT 12 appt. Does anybody know what take place at that pre-employment

I got that 21 page package and off I went..

Damn I cant remember have the stuff my "friends" tell me, good job :tup:

Damn I cant remember have the stuff my "friends" tell me, good job :tup:

Sup guys?

Instruction Day 1

Arrived LGA ~0740hrs, actual report time was 0900hrs but I wanted to familiarize myself with the facility....I sat in the crew room watching the news on this huge 40" + flat screen lol....instructor showed up at about 0830hrs or so...introduced himself to us and explained to us the technicalities behind driving a bus...fast forward to 0900hrs....we cut across the garage to the back and got on the bus...the instructor then drove to the soundview area of the bronx and demonstrated making right and left 90 degree turns and stressed the importance of covering the right...all in all Day 1 wasn't bad but it wasn't great either I didn't mount any curbs but made my left turns far too wide...

Instruction Day 2

Arrived to LGA ~0730hrs, I had breakfast in the crew room and reviewed the material we were instructed to read with a fellow class mate...we then headed out to the yard and worked on our pre-trip inspection...did some highway driving...hook turns and acute turns (to be continued).

Sup guys?

Instruction Day 1

Arrived LGA ~0740hrs, actual report time was 0900hrs but I wanted to familiarize myself with the facility....I sat in the crew room watching the news on this huge 40" + flat screen lol....instructor showed up at about 0830hrs or so...introduced himself to us and explained to us the technicalities behind driving a bus...fast forward to 0900hrs....we cut across the garage to the back and got on the bus...the instructor then drove to the soundview area of the bronx and demonstrated making right and left 90 degree turns and stressed the importance of covering the right...all in all Day 1 wasn't bad but it wasn't great either I didn't mount any curbs but made my left turns far too wide...

Instruction Day 2

Arrived to LGA ~0730hrs, I had breakfast in the crew room and reviewed the material we were instructed to read with a fellow class mate...we then headed out to the yard and worked on our pre-trip inspection...did some highway driving...hook turns and acute turns (to be continued).

Day 2 of ulcer park.

drove on belt parkway verranzanno bridge practice some hill work. and toward spring creek for simulators.

day 3

belt parkway , flatland area, brooklyn battery tunnel and more simulator.

day 4 will be posted later or over the weekend.

Day 2 of ulcer park.

drove on belt parkway verranzanno bridge practice some hill work. and toward spring creek for simulators.

day 3

I like the name of that depot. Ulcer ;)

Day 2 of ulcer park.

day 3

Hijacking threads ? LoL

it not my fault. i usually double check the spelling but it either the pc or the forum cuases the misspell. the c and m are never that close to cause misspell word. At the moment i was relying on the correct spelling in the first place but i got lazy for a second.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acela Express

$20.96 / hr

---------------------------------------------------------

Mass, you start out with $20.96 and go up to $29.98 in 3 yrs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acela Express

$20.96 / hr

---------------------------------------------------------

Mass, you start out with $20.96 and go up to $29.98 in 3 yrs.

Thanks for the info! I hope my time comes real soon, because I am getting fed up with the B.S. with my current job, and being behind on some of my bills since my hours been cut, and no OT hardly at all. Been looking for work 7 days a week. Hope all this that I am saying does not effect my chances as far as working for NYCT,because I can really use this pay rate as of now! I just got done calling the HR Dept @ this #347-643-8231, and they told me that there's no openings at the moment that they stopped at the list 1250, and will be starting back next month.

Archived