A Preview of the 2011 Orion VII EPA2010

Metro CSW

6118207611_6a8304d6c8_z.jpg

Courtesy of daimlerbuses of Subchat/Buschat

"Passing on a image of MTA's first EPA2010 Orion VII, completed and sitting out back at the Mississauga, Ontario facility. Framed windows on this batch. Excuse the quality as it was taken with a BlackBerry from a distance away."

But although, LIB gave use the preview of what bus may look. But this is the Clean Diesel Version lets not forget.

Anyways; if you can look at the photo carefully, there 3 buses lined up: 2 upcoming to NYCTA and the PT Demo in the back. The roof design is different from the NG HEVs we have here (obviously). Enjoy:);)

6118207611_6a8304d6c8_z.jpg

Courtesy of daimlerbuses of Subchat/Buschat

But although, LIB gave use the preview of what bus may look. But this is the Clean Diesel Version lets not forget.

Anyways; if you can look at the photo carefully, there 3 buses lined up: 2 upcoming to NYCTA and the PT Demo in the back. The roof design is different from the NG HEVs we have here (obviously). Enjoy:):)

Thanks for reposting it here for me. There is only one New York unit there. The second white one is PT7 which is the Allison hybrid prototype and the green one is PT2 which is the BAE test bus.

Thanks for reposting it here for me. There is only one New York unit there. The second white one is PT7 which is the Allison hybrid prototype and the green one is PT2 which is the BAE test bus.

I noticed too. By any chance, will the PT demos in the picture become part of NYC Transit?

Hybrid,CNG,Hydrogen,hell if the bus is powered by orphans I dont care!!! as long as its from Orion International!!!!

:tup:

Yes! I agree with that! I don't care if it's a Hybrid, CNG, Hydrogen or whatever too as long as it's from Orion I'm fine with that!

And that bus looks HOT!! I might be looking everywhere for them!

Awesome, thanks. One question, do you live near the plant, by any chance??

Yes, about a 10 minute drive away...

Can you get us a good photo of the bus, close up.... if you can?? No pressure. Because I just want to see what Ulmer Park have to handle by after November. :P:) And also the A/C unit is from Thermo King, is it.

Can you get us a good photo of the bus, close up.... if you can?? No pressure. Because I just want to see what Ulmer Park have to handle by after November. :P:) And also the A/C unit is from Thermo King, is it.

he would't be able to see the A/C unit unless he opens the rear hatch and the engine cover. this is actually kinda what i was talking about on a separate post about the XD40. there is no need for that A/C hump on the roof of a 40ft bus unless it has a rear window. the O7's get ice cold with no roof top A/C unit. although on an artic its a completely different story...

he would't be able to see the A/C unit unless he opens the rear hatch and the engine cover. this is actually kinda what i was talking about on a separate post about the XD40. there is no need for that A/C hump on the roof of a 40ft bus unless it has a rear window. the O7's get ice cold with no roof top A/C unit. although on an artic its a completely different story...

There is no A/C equipment in the rear of the Orion VII (or XD40 for that matter, regardless of whether it has a rear window or not). All the A/C is on the roof now because the space in the rear was required for the EPA2010 compliant (SCR) exhaust after treatment system.

There is no A/C equipment in the rear of the Orion VII (or XD40 for that matter, regardless of whether it has a rear window or not). All the A/C is on the roof now because the space in the rear was required for the EPA2010 compliant (SCR) exhaust after treatment system.

The Suffolk Transit Orion VII diesels have a completely flat roof, they are supposed to be 2010 models, why no roof hump?? thanks in advance for the answer.

The Suffolk Transit Orion VII diesels have a completely flat roof, they are supposed to be 2010 models, why no roof hump?? thanks in advance for the answer.

I believe it's because those units either use Cummins ISL9s or ISL07s which would not require roof mounted A/C units.

Archived