New Bus Qualification Program Overview

East New York

• 1 month later...

The XD60 has now officially been added to the BTE roster as the pilot bus will be delivered immediately.

The BTE prelim. overview report will now be complete at the end of July as the CAS XD40 fleet has now been in service for an ample amount of time.

The XD60 has now officially been added to the BTE roster as the pilot bus will be delivered immediately.

The BTE prelim. overview report will now be complete at the end of July as the CAS XD40 fleet has now been in service for an ample amount of time.

So the Xcelsior won BT&E?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Happy New Year!

Is there any new info (official or unofficial) on which bus is performing better - the XD40 or LFS?

It's a shame Orion has left the industry. I think the 3G is a great bus to ride.

Yes, It was actually posted in the individual threads and the fleet thread if I am not mistaken. The evaluation is complete for the Xcelsior and the LFS. However, extensive details will not be posted until after the contract award.

Bus 0057 (2013 Nova LFS) is being delivered to Zerega for evaluation. Expect a New Flyer soon.

Both buses completed the NBQP, and are now qualified builders for the MTA. The new order(s) this summer will likely be made up of a mix of Xcelsiors and LFS's. I am 98% sure of that.

The thing is, most times the people making the decisions don't operate buses, or haven't in a long time. I have heard some say they don't like the rear window, but one one single agreement among drivers. I have surveyed operators from every depot that has Nova's and have yet to hear a complaint about the windows. #1 Complaint is the Carrier HVAC. Same goes for the Prevost.

Last night I was on LFSA #5931, and the heat was very weak to me. It did a pretty good job of keeping us comfortable, but could have definitely been a little longer. There have been, and seemingly continue to be Carrier issues across the city.

I'm going to revise my initial overview, and still post it as I originally planned. However, now that the procurement is slightly behind schedule, I will leave a few things out, and just report the basic pro's and con's of the LFS and Xcelsior.

In addition to the classified deal MTA is working on as we speak, detail of yet another have come to light for 90 test buses. This test offering is classified at this time as well.

The thing is, most times the people making the decisions don't operate buses, or haven't in a long time. I have heard some say they don't like the rear window, but one one single agreement among drivers. I have surveyed operators from every depot that has Nova's and have yet to hear a complaint about the windows. #1 Complaint is the Carrier HVAC. Same goes for the Prevost.

Last night I was on LFSA #5931, and the heat was very weak to me. It did a pretty good job of keeping us comfortable, but could have definitely been a little longer. There have been, and seemingly continue to be Carrier issues across the city.

I'm going to revise my initial overview, and still post it as I originally planned. However, now that the procurement is slightly behind schedule, I will leave a few things out, and just report the basic pro's and con's of the LFS and Xcelsior.

In addition to the classified deal MTA is working on as we speak, detail of yet another have come to light for 90 test buses. This test offering is classified at this time as well.

So wait, I lost track. How many sets of 90 BTE buses are coming (besides the 3 that are already here)?

So wait, I lost track. How many sets of 90 BTE buses are coming (besides the 3 that are already here)?

well this is the whole list of BT&Es

the 1200 Novas 1200-1289

the 8000 Novas 8000-8089

the 7000 Orions 7000-7089

the 4800 New Flyers 4810-4899

the 2400 Prevost 2400-2489

the 4700 New Flyers 4710-4799

now 1 more is coming for 90 buses.

Fair enough. Regarding the rear window of the LFS, I'm almost certain SEPTA will exclude it for advertisement space.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll wait until I hear Gillig BRTs are confirmed then we can all make a debate about that.

They look good enough. If they can be built to MTA standards in terms of beefier suspension and stronger frames, they'd be good buses for NYC. They're simple in design and build, so they're probably cheap to maintain.

Archived