2011-'12 NHL Thread

Shortline Bus

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally it is over! Rangers vs Devils for the Eastern Conference finals! It's the Path series :)

Besides the Stanley Cup, this is the other 'offical' logo of the new "Path" Train Devils-Rangers Cup Semifinal series. First time the Devils got this far since their move from the Meadowlands to Newark.

1729.jpg

And now my 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Semfinal picks. Kiddies dont try this at home. lol.

NHL West Finals

#8 Kings vs #3 Coyotes. My pick. Kings in 6 games. Quick is having the best post season anyone could have. If LA offense can pick it up, this could be a shorter series.

NHL East Finals aka 2012 Path train series.

#6 Devils vs. #1 Rangers. My pick. Rangers in 7 games. This series could go either way and IMO the winner of this matchup will be '12 Stanley Cup Champions. If Rangers offense picks up, this could be a shorter 5-6 series. If the Blueshirts go into another offensive slump such as in the Caps series, Devils will win it.

Either way this should be another classic and great moment in NYC/NJ Metro sports history.

And now my 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Semfinal picks. Kiddies dont try this at home. lol.

NHL West Finals

#8 Kings vs #3 Coyotes. My pick. Kings in 6 games. Quick is having the best post season anyone could have. If LA offense can pick it up, this could be a shorter series.

NHL East Finals aka 2012 Path train series.

#6 Devils vs. #1 Rangers. My pick. Rangers in 7 games. This series could go either way and IMO the winner of this matchup will be '12 Stanley Cup Champions. If Rangers offense picks up, this could be a shorter 5-6 series. If the Blueshirts go into another offensive slump such as in the Caps series, Devils will win it.

Either way this should be another classic and great moment in NYC/NJ Metro sports history.

While the Rangers/Devils series will likely get front page coverage on local NYC/NJ area papers and tv stations, out in Arizona and LA well lets say it's not that big of a deal to get the NHL conference finals. The local Fox-TV phoenix station in link below explains. Again dont understand why Arizona and LA NHL clubs not getting more local media attention.

Another proof that Arizona is College Football/Diamondback/Suns/NFL's Az. Cardinals country.

http://www.myfoxphoe...low-to-catch-on

Poor Caps. Everyone in Richmond it seemed except for me was pretty much mourning. Next year Sharks, next year.

Hey kid(trainguy)the pro sports scene in DC/Virgina does not look too bad. The Nationals IMO look for real in MLB and will be a contender for at least a NL wild card spot. And the Redskins has a good young QB(if he stays healthy) in RGIII. It's not all bad like say in Toronto or Montreal lol.

So we are switching from chief to kid now, I see how it goes :P

Yea the Nats are alright I guess, most people like the Orioles over them from what I have seen so far. About RGIII, all these guys can do is hope for the best. Will he shine like Cam Newton, or will the pressure force the Skins to go look for a new QB. And seeing all that they traded for him too, he has a huge job to give the Skins their money's worth. If he dosen't the Redskins will be in bad luck for about 3 more years.

Seeing who is left, I think that the Kings are going to pull it off this year.

In a surprise the Rangers easily beat the Devils last night(5/14/12) in game (1) by score 3-0. Not suprised the blue shirts won but how easily they won the opener of this 2012 Path train series.If the Rangers offense is out of the slump and the "King" continues to plays well behind the net, no doubt imo there will be a parade down the canyon of heros in a couple of weeks.

Meanwhile our (2) NHL diehards Tokemon and VG8 are depressed lol.

My picks before both series started.... rangers bringin out the brooms, kings in 6....

I truly think the rangers played their stanley cup final (so to speak) in that capitals series....

Speakin of the capitals, lol @ dale hunter quitting coaching them after one season..... Having Ovechkin used as a "hired gun" (as emrick put it), aint gonna fly.... Yes, he's offensively gifted, but the man is simply gonna have to learn how to play defense....

..and what's this BS I'm hearing out of some devils fans about Lundqvist's pads being too big ???? smfh...... game 1 was not lost because of that hand pass by DZ (del zotto), the poor ice conditions, or henrik's too big pads (smh).... the devils got outplayed in that 3rd period... that all that 1st game boiled down to.....

I'm not seeing where this team's forecheck is as great as the sports media's makin it out to be, either....

My picks before both series started.... rangers bringin out the brooms, kings in 6....

I truly think the rangers played their stanley cup final (so to speak) in that capitals series....

Speakin of the capitals, lol @ dale hunter quitting coaching them after one season..... Having Ovechkin used as a "hired gun" (as emrick put it), aint gonna fly.... Yes, he's offensively gifted, but the man is simply gonna have to learn how to play defense....

..and what's this BS I'm hearing out of some devils fans about Lundqvist's pads being too big ???? smfh...... game 1 was not lost because of that hand pass by DZ (del zotto), the poor ice conditions, or henrik's too big pads (smh).... the devils got outplayed in that 3rd period... that all that 1st game boiled down to.....

I'm not seeing where this team's forecheck is as great as the sports media's makin it out to be, either....

Bro. LA won game (2) in Glendale and take commanding 2 games to nil lead. Looks like the Kings will be the West Division winners and a trip to the 2012 Stanley Cup Finals.

Bro. LA won game 2 in Glendale and take commanding 2 games to nil lead. Looks like the Kings will be the West Division winners and a trip to the 2012 Stanley Cup Finals.

Yep.... I saw most of the 2nd period, and all of the 3rd.....Kings were controlling all aspects of the game....

They are flat out dominating the Coyotes in this series so far.... they're (phoenix is) looking like a team that doesn't belong....

this might be the series that ends in a sweep, the way things are looking....

Now finally after being the lost little brother to the Lakers, Clippers and Dodgers the Kings on verge of going to the Cup Finals are finally getting local Southern Calif. media attention.

http://www.usatoday....tzky/55030222/1

And here is screw up the local NBC 4 station in LA made on LA Kings logo lol. Further proof the Lakers, Dodgers and USC(Southern Calif.)college football will always be the region's most popular sports teams.

Well as B35 and 553 would say get the brooms out. The LA Kings are so hot right now, they can melt anything these days lol. Kings beat the Coyotes in game (3) and now are (99% chance)of going to the Stanley Cup Finals. I am sure Tokemon is crying right now that a lowly #8 seed is about to reach the NHL Finals. Also for the 2nd time in 3 years following the 2010 Flyers.

Now NHL fans will have their eyes on the Battle for the GWB, and the Eastern Conference title. :)

Or also call it the Lincoln Tunnel or path/NJ Transit series as well. Those travel options are much closer than the GWB.

PS. I know the early start today (5/19)at 12 Noon is for the Preakness Steaks later on NBC but still that very early in the day especially for west coast viewers.

Archived