Subway slasher on the loose: Cops hunting for woman who has cut two females' faces

Harry

Do you feel safe in the subway?  

1. 1. Do you feel safe in the subway?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Sometimes.

Cops are beefing up patrols in Bronx subway stations, hunting for a woman wanted for slashing passengers in the face.

Shaken straphangers fear she may strike again.

Sketches of the suspect, who sliced two women in less than a week in two Mount Eden subway stations this month, were plastered along the platforms Thursday.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/09/22/2011-09-22_subway_slasher_on_the_loose_cops_hunting_for_woman_who_has_cut_two_females_faces.html#ixzz1YmMBkRyj

post-1-13328858265_thumb.jpg

post-1-13328858265_thumb.jpg

Meaning what? It can't happen anywhere else?

I'm not saying it can't happen anywhere else, but no offense but shit like this doesn't happen in most other cities. In most other cities, you don't hear shit like bus drivers being brutally beaten twice in 3 months. I can't even remember the last time a bus operator in LA (or any other city for that matter)was attacked. I would feel safe being a bus operator in LA, but I would NEVER be one in NYC.

Come on, when was the last time someone tried to to hijack a train with a SCREWDRIVER in another city's metro? lol...Only in NYC.

Anything can happen anywhere, but it's the frequency of random, dangerous shit like this lady cutting people's faces happens with alarming regularity in NYC. Just saying.

I'm not saying it can't happen anywhere else, but no offense but shit like this doesn't happen in most other cities. In most other cities, you don't hear shit like bus drivers being brutally beaten twice in 3 months. I can't even remember the last time a bus operator in LA (or any other city for that matter)was attacked. I would feel safe being a bus operator in LA, but I would NEVER be one in NYC.

Come on, when was the last time someone tried to to hijack a train with a SCREWDRIVER in another city's metro? lol...Only in NYC.

Anything can happen anywhere, but it's the frequency of random, dangerous shit like this lady cutting people's faces happens with alarming regularity in NYC. Just saying.

If it's not in the media all the time, it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. The way New York is that it's always in the light of the media, whether good or bad, being a Capital of the World comes with price. Besides New York houses largest population in the U.S. ~twise of L.A. on the area of ~1.5 times smaller, thus having a greater variety of individuals, in such density some are ought to be "out of line". This variety, IMO what gives New York it's spark. I often hear people expressing their fear/hatred towards NY, especially from suburbs and rural areas. It's understandable when one is coming from a town of 50,000, where absolutely nothing is going on, to New York, a city full of life. Yet the actual crime rate is not even among top 40. At the end people do tend to make fundamental attribution error...

All of her victims were young women. Maybe she suffers from low self-esteem. Thou judging from the sketch, she doesn't seem unattractive IMO. Of course my opinion may change once I see her mug shot.

you beat me to it.....

When I heard about this on the news yesterday, what immediately came to mind was two things:

- this chick feeling (or actually being) ugly as all hell, and/or prolly one of these chicks that can't have kids....

- some type of gang initiation.....

That ole face slashing shit is reminiscent of what broads used to do in the late 80's/early 90's....

Now when it comes to stuff like this i will hit girls like her if she try to do that to me ill smash her head on train doors till she breaks her nose if not i hope the c/r is not looking and closes the door on her neck..

Why do you think she only attacks women??? hello there is a reason why she wouldn't mess with men cause she knows the men would be like you.

Now when it comes to stuff like this i will hit girls like her if she try to do that to me ill smash her head on train doors till she breaks her nose if not i hope the c/r is not looking and closes the door on her neck..

uhm wow you just officially made yourself sound worse than the slasher. Good job.

He just made another $1.5 billion in the past year, why would he care

Maybe if these a**hat criminals started slashing the rich and privileged instead of just other ordinary people, we might start solving the world's problems, one idiot at a time.

You can bet if she cut out Bloomberg's tongue they'd find this ugly broad AND give her a sentence with some real teeth. Plus we wouldn't have to hear Bloomberg try and speak spanish any more.

Money talks and bullsh*t walks...

If it's not in the media all the time, it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. The way New York is that it's always in the light of the media, whether good or bad, being a Capital of the World comes with price. Besides New York houses largest population in the U.S. ~twise of L.A. on the area of ~1.5 times smaller, thus having a greater variety of individuals, in such density some are ought to be "out of line". This variety, IMO what gives New York it's spark. I often hear people expressing their fear/hatred towards NY, especially from suburbs and rural areas. It's understandable when one is coming from a town of 50,000, where absolutely nothing is going on, to New York, a city full of life. Yet the actual crime rate is not even among top 40. At the end people do tend to make fundamental attribution error...

First I'm talking about NYC's Metro, not NYC in general. I think the city itself is generally safe.(Probably safer than LA)

Second, I don't hate or fear NYC. Otherwise, this Angeleno would not be on a NYC transit forum. NYC transit fascinates me.

Thirdly, to say that NYC is the only transit system, to get bad publicity, that's bullshit. Especially when compared to car centric LA, where everyone is trying to talk shit about our Metro system. If someone is attacked or if their's a crash or accident, people will know about it. Last month LA's Metro barely had it's first murder on the Metro HRT Red Line, after 20 years service, and it was out of self defense at that. Every radio show in LA was saying how "dangerous" it is "down there" in the tunnels. Other than that, nothing has happened in like 10-15 yeats, not even on the most ghetto of ghetto trains, the LA Blue Line.(Which I used to ride everyday to get to Long Beach, BTW) Crime happens, but it generally stays off the metro.(especially major ones)

Like overclocked said, NYC is a big market where most stories will get coverage. Who's to say something like that didn't happen in some small town in middle of America? Given the size of NYC, by the numbers and unfortunately, something's going to happen. This is why I am critical of the MTA for not installing the clear plastic partitions on all the buses. People these days are worse than ever especially in terms of trying to get on the bus without paying and stuff.

THe screwdriver incident was not a hijacking. The guy climbed into the cab supposedly trying to get away from some other person. The t/o was fortunate to get out of the cab unharmed and IIRC the passengers subdued the 'tresspasser'.

Again NYC is the largest city with LA at #2. You are overthinking incidents like these and thinking this is a frequent thing when it is not. It would be more disturbing if it was 15 incidents in a year, but it's not even a handful. Do you think that if this happened in LA that I would be 'justified' in thinking that city is unsafe?

Like overclocked said, NYC is a big market where most stories will get coverage. Who's to say something like that didn't happen in some small town in middle of America? Given the size of NYC, by the numbers and unfortunately, something's going to happen. This is why I am critical of the MTA for not installing the clear plastic partitions on all the buses. People these days are worse than ever especially in terms of trying to get on the bus without paying and stuff.

THe screwdriver incident was not a hijacking. The guy climbed into the cab supposedly trying to get away from some other person. The t/o was fortunate to get out of the cab unharmed and IIRC the passengers subdued the 'tresspasser'.

Again NYC is the largest city with LA at #2. You are overthinking incidents like these and thinking this is a frequent thing when it is not. It would be more disturbing if it was 15 incidents in a year, but it's not even a handful. Do you think that if this happened in LA that I would be 'justified' in thinking that city is unsafe?

Well, an apology to my fellow transit buddies in NYC. Nothing really happens on our metro. You see a guy getting arrested for farebeating and other minor crimes every once in while, but nothing like a face slasher or a dude jumping in the operator's cab with a screwdriver in it's 20 year existence. Like even our very first murder last month was out of self defense, not with the intent of killing the person. A bus driver hasn't been attacked in like 10 years, and then you hear 2 drivers get attacked in 3 months in another city, I think it's only natural for a person to think that city's transit is more unsafe.

Well, an apology to my fellow transit buddies in NYC. Nothing really happens on our metro. You see a guy getting arrested for farebeating and other minor crimes every once in while, but nothing like a face slasher or a dude jumping in the operator's cab with a screwdriver in it's 20 year existence. Like even our very first murder last month was out of self defense, not with the intent of killing the person. A bus driver hasn't been attacked in like 10 years, and then you hear 2 drivers get attacked in 3 months in another city, I think it's only natural for a person to think that city's transit is more unsafe.

Well, there is nothing to apoligize for, after all, we are prone to make stereotypical assumptions.

Well, no system is perfect, but given the size of the fleet here, it is a very small percentage of incidents. THat's pretty much it. I've been riding for 10 years on the trains and buses and never had any problems.

Lol, school kids otoh... omg it feels like a prison transport. Loud chatter, kids running around uncontrolled as if they think they own the place...

That's why I always avoid the back of the bus as that's where they all tend to gather around. I'm so sick and tired of scum er.. kids like that riding for free while I have to pay the full fare. They should be going to schools close by unless they have taken tests or get waivers that allows them to go to schools of their choice, but that's another topic.

That's why I always avoid the back of the bus as that's where they all tend to gather around. I'm so sick and tired of scum er.. kids like that riding for free while I have to pay the full fare. They should be going to schools close by unless they have taken tests or get waivers that allows them to go to schools of their choice, but that's another topic.

Agreed. I couldn't have said it better myself. Even then their loud talking would be heard even if you were in the front of an artic bus. Reminds me of my old school commute everyday back then.

Archived