New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7981 returned to Meadowlands a little while ago.

7475, '77, '82, and '83 are listed as being D4000s; they are D4500s.

7501 is no longer in service and is likely stored.

In another note, it would be great if anyone could record what few privately-operated 2001-'03 commuter coaches remain, as well as those operated by Howell and Ironbound, especially since little is known about most of them except for this roster. Thanks.

7981 returned to Meadowlands a little while ago.

7475, '77, '82, and '83 are listed as being D4000s; they are D4500s.

7501 is no longer in service and is likely stored.

In another note, it would be great if anyone could record what few privately-operated 2001-'03 commuter coaches remain, as well as those operated by Howell and Ironbound, especially since little is known about most of them except for this roster. Thanks.

7501 is in service out of Newton Avenue.

5279, 5308 transfered to meadowlands

Please update this page. You haven't done so in over two months.

routes 602 & 604 have condensed into route 624

How about you have some patience. People have lives you know.

Greetings!

The FIRST PAGE has been updated! Submitted for your approval!

I want to also thank EVERYONE for their input, patience and support. If it wasn't for you all...there would be no roster. So I thank you! Enjoy!

Edited by The TransitMan

Don't think it's worth noting, but Howell does a trip or two on the 126 in the AM.

I can't confirm as to whether or not this is still true, but I believe Howell has 16003. It might be at Ironbound though, because I saw it heading into the Port getting ready to do the 116 last week, so it's up in the air as to whether IB actually does have it or whether Howell was just doing a tripper that day.

As for Academy, these numbers aren't 100% accurate as I see their new CTs all over the place.

Toms River has 17122-17140 (I think it ends at 17140 for them)

Leonardo has 17161-17184 

Westampton has 17150-17160

If there are any changes or inaccuracies, I'll follow up.

Edited by DaTransitMan4608

Don't think it's worth noting, but Howell does a trip or two on the 126 in the AM.

I can't confirm as to whether or not this is still true, but I believe Howell has 16003. It might be at Ironbound though, because I saw it heading into the Port getting ready to do the 116 last week, so it's up in the air as to whether IB actually does have it or whether Howell was just doing a tripper that day.

As for Academy, these numbers aren't 100% accurate as I see their new CTs all over the place.

Toms River has 17122-17140 (I think it ends at 17140 for them)

Leonardo has 17161-17184 

Westampton has 17150-17160

If there are any changes or inaccuracies, I'll follow up.

Updated! Thank you very much. This should get the ball rolling! Oh and I will hold off on #16003 until you or someone else can confirm.

Edited by The TransitMan

16003 is now an Egg Harbor Bus.

Does anyone have any idea as to where the last batch of Academy buses went? I want to say Perth Amboy but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I think the last batch is at Leonardo. I don't think Perth Amboy has any yet because I haven't seen any on the Sayreville line, which Perth Amboy does.

I think the last batch is at Leonardo. I don't think Perth Amboy has any yet because I haven't seen any on the Sayreville line, which Perth Amboy does.

I think Leonardo has the batch within the 17170s & 17180s. From what I've been told, 17181-17184 are at Perth Amboy.

8938-8940 are now Hoboken based at Academy.  Not sure if Toms River received anything in return.

They received a few - mostly used on the Route 9 work they cover.  

16003 is now an Egg Harbor Bus.

Does anyone have any idea as to where the last batch of Academy buses went? I want to say Perth Amboy but I'm not 100% sure on that.

16003 is running the 313 route today. Long bus ride!

That is crazy because Washington Twp is very short on buses.  Tonight they are borrowing from both of their neighboring garages, 4044 is on the 554 (borrowed from Egg Harbor Twp). Meanwhile 7552 and 7560 are both on the 551 ( borrowed from Newton Ave-Camden).  Earlier this week, 5586 was on the 400 also and 8013 was on the 406.  Hopefully both Camden and Turnersville get their new MCIs soon.

• 1 month later...