New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

The cngs ISL9 lack power. In turn howell had to set the buses to use 5 gears because they wasn't getting hot enough. More then 10 buses have blown engines and many more are out of service until a engine swap occurs. Njt got the smallest engine rating for a heavy bus and its biting them in the ass. And egg habors old buses may come out of storage

The hybrids are not having this issue because they don't use the engine for the first 40mph.

Not a mechanical fault, the bad spec team from njt deciding on a small engine on a bus that needs hella power. The new cts they got smart and got 410hp ISX12.

Fire em (the spec team)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When did Fairview get back 5278-5281 from Greenville ?

I don't think they did. Saw some of those on the 126.

I stand corrected, seen some on the 154 and 156 yesterday.

Edited by Cait Sith

Confirmed: 7506-'08 are Ironbound.

7501 is MIA and should be added to the Egg Harbor storage list.

About Howell's CNGs, are they going to re-power all or just the few that have blown engines and with what package?

• 2 weeks later...

Its a great bus and very powerful at 410hp. The c-brake is kind of weak though. Hopefully they change the leather seat. Its easy to work on so maintaince love it.

They just need to get rid of the drivers leather seat.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

Hey, does anyone know if Market St. Garage has any openings? Or any garage that doesn't have MCI's(yuck)...

Whats wrong with MCI's? I like MCI's and drive them too. NJT uses NABI's which might not be quite as fun based on my conversations with other drivers  and experience ( TBH though, I drove it one once or twice)..

Edited by 161NewYork

• 2 weeks later...

7486, '87, and 7940 are now Ironbound.

In case there is remaining confusion over which 74xx-series coaches are at Ironbound and which are at Howell, the following notation will attempt to rectify that situation:

7453-'74, '78, '80, & '81 = Ironbound

7477, '82, & '83 = Howell

7475,'76, and '79 are unknown (one 74xx-series D4500 was DBR and sold for scrap in early September, but I don't recall the unit number; It may have been one of these).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

***Hello everyone! I will be updating the roster this afternoon BUT for now on ALL UPDATES can be found on the first page of this thread. It's easier to do it that way as oppose to re-posting. So look for the updated roster THIS afternoon (7/3). Thanks again for your posting and support!***

• 2 weeks later...

17003 sure looks nice, but that is a weird numbering system and I wish it had a Detroit with some good, loud Jakes. Anyway:

7490 to Ironbound.

7611 (probably just a seasonal move) to Egg Harbor.

7686 should be listed at Oradell and 7921 should not be listed at Wayne Township.

Route Adjustments:

199: Wayne Township

316: Twp, Newton Ave, and Egg Harbor

Community Coach appears to split at least the following routes with Orange (may need confirmation):

705, 753, 755, 765.