New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

6 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Makes more sense to send those back to Wayne than for Fairview to maintain two different fleets of MCIs.

I still don't understand why Fairview has MCIs, those things are horrible on all of their lines.

I have wondered the same thing about my local depot, must be because of the 321 and 153T

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never understood the purpose of MCIs at Fairview tbh. Most their lines are mostly on local streets, and not really for highway express. Another reason why I don't get an MCI being on the 126 tbh (unless its to fill more seats for the demand). It does keep their mileage down though I believe.

Also 21236, 21237, and 21238 are all at Wayne. Time to catch the remaining CLs.

2 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

I never understood the purpose of MCIs at Fairview tbh. Most their lines are mostly on local streets, and not really for highway express. Another reason why I don't get an MCI being on the 126 tbh (unless its to fill more seats for the demand). It does keep their mileage down though I believe.

I don't mind it on the 126 as much mostly because the line is short and passenger flow on the 126 isn't that bad on an MCI.

The 150s, however, especially a reverse peak 158....HORRIBLE. And there's people that bring luggage onto the bus. I rode on a 22000 a few weeks ago on the 158 and the dwell time was forever.

10 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Fairview makes no dam sense to begin with. It’s a full service depot, everyone is running late because they have to keep making change for a $1.50 fare, and the MCI’s are just the icing on the cake. I wouldn’t mind the MCI’s on the X variations, but on local routes is insanity.

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Fairview makes no dam sense to begin with. It’s a full service depot, everyone is running late because they have to keep making change for a $1.50 fare, and the MCI’s are just the icing on the cake. I wouldn’t mind the MCI’s on the X variations, but on local routes is insanity.

The 159X doesn’t really need MCI’s either, because all it does is run non stop on Blvd East between PABT and 60th Street, goes up 60th Street, turns on Bergenline and runs local till Fairview Garage, where it terminates 

10 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

I don't mind it on the 126 as much mostly because the line is short and passenger flow on the 126 isn't that bad on an MCI.

The 150s, however, especially a reverse peak 158....HORRIBLE. And there's people that bring luggage onto the bus. I rode on a 22000 a few weeks ago on the 158 and the dwell time was forever.

I keep saying this, fairview needs to be an all exact fare lines. The dwell times are just too much with the mcis and full service on the Nabis/Artics. I could never be an operator at Fairview, it just looks too stressful and Bergenline would make me quit. 

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

1 hour ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

I keep saying this, fairview needs to be an all exact fare lines. The dwell times are just too much with the mcis and full service on the Nabis/Artics. I could never be an operator at Fairview, it just looks too stressful and Bergenline would make me quit. 

The forth wall at NJ transit between front line labor force and back office who have full authority to make the changes is made of military grade armor. Only people who have the keys to open the forth wall are the politicians. Just accepted it for what it is 

Just now, Gmansports said:

The forth wall at NJ transit between front line labor force and back office who have full authority to make the changes is made of military grade armor. Only people who have the keys to open the forth wall are the politicians. Just accepted it for what it is 

Also all Hudson county lines don’t need MCI cruisers, they need low floor buses. These poor elders risk breaking  there bones exiting off the MCI and the kneelers are not designed to be used frequently 

If you want change, write to the NJ  transportation committee board. Than they will convey to bus operations. Than bus operations will seek NJT board for any changes requested. This is from a citizen perspective. But if an actual NjT employee submits the letter, it is likely to be frowned upon. It is preferred for the long bureaucratic approach by the citizens to request changes 

2 hours ago, Gmansports said:

Also all Hudson county lines don’t need MCI cruisers, they need low floor buses. These poor elders risk breaking  there bones exiting off the MCI and the kneelers are not designed to be used frequently 

Military grade? LOL at military grade 

NJT management clearly has a weird obsession with cruiser buses. On the busy Hudson County routes they are a disaster. I wonder if the people working in the NJT offices have ever tried to get off an MCI while 8 people are standing in the aisle.

Fairview always had mci's at they garage....It wasnt a problem then why it is now ....They still operate routes that still do require them...Same thing with Market st should have kept theres in my opinion ......Those nabis isnt as reliable as most here think...Trust me i know. Pleanty of breakdown over the years to and from NY and passergers and drivers started to complian about that..Drivers mainly had to keep getting up to close the back door....Basicly turning Nabis into MCI cause now everybody has to exit the front ....Mostly all MCI lines gonna have some sort of dwell time due to the one door in certain areas of the route...190 comes straight to mind...Yes Fairview has routes with tight streets etc...But they mainly have mci there due to reliablity issues due to NY being all they routes terminal...People like to get what they pay for...And people from those areas love they MCI's

Edited by biGC323232

2 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

Fairview always had mci's at they garage....It wasnt a problem then why it is now ....They still operate routes that still do require them...Same thing with Market st should have kept theres in my opinion ......Those nabis isnt as reliable as most here think...Trust me i know. Pleanty of breakdown over the years to and from NY and passergers and drivers started to complian about that..Drivers mainly had to keep getting up to close the back door....Basicly turning Nabis into MCI cause now everybody has to exit the front ....Mostly all MCI lines gonna have some sort of dwell time due to the one door in certain areas of the route...190 comes straight to mind...Yes Fairview has routes with tight streets etc...But they mainly have mci there due to reliablity issues due to NY being all they routes terminal...People like to get what they pay for...And people from those areas love they MCI's

I think it can be argued that having the 45 Foot units there is an issue. It didn’t seem that problematic when the 40 foot coaches were there, but with the 9000s and 22000s there the problems with them may of become a bit more noticeable. This is just a hypothesis as I don’t have anything that can back it up or dispute it. Hopefully those in the know do have better arguments.

10 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

I think it can be argued that having the 45 Foot units there is an issue. It didn’t seem that problematic when the 40 foot coaches were there, but with the 9000s and 22000s there the problems with them may of become a bit more noticeable. This is just a hypothesis as I don’t have anything that can back it up or dispute it. Hopefully those in the know do have better arguments.

Thats no issue...Fairview has enough space...They started giving fairview 45 fts early last year to train the drivers on how to deal with 45 footers...Fairview also gonna be a merge garage in the near future with market st and oradell...Thats also a reason why Market street started to learn Fairviews routes..

56 minutes ago, biGC323232 said:

Thats no issue...Fairview has enough space...They started giving fairview 45 fts early last year to train the drivers on how to deal with 45 footers...Fairview also gonna be a merge garage in the near future with market st and oradell...Thats also a reason why Market street started to learn Fairviews routes..

So that’s why I’m seeing more and more Market trippers on the 159

57 minutes ago, biGC323232 said:

That doesn’t answer my inquiry as to if the 45-foot MCIs are a benefit or deterrent to normal service on the Fairview lines. You only touched how it’s no problem in terms of managing equipment at the garage. I’m more curious as to how service has gotten better or worse with the 45-footers over the 40-footers, with everyone arguing for both points.

35 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

That doesn’t answer my inquiry as to if the 45-foot MCIs are a benefit or deterrent to normal service on the Fairview lines. You only touched how it’s no problem in terms of managing equipment at the garage. I’m more curious as to how service has gotten better or worse with the 45-footers over the 40-footers, with everyone arguing for both points.

The main arguement for what i saw is that Fairview dont need MCI...all i did was beg the differ..Its gotta be some what a benifit if they choose to send them there.....I cant speak for increase in ridership for the lines..I also touched on the fact that they also got 45 fts buses to train drivers who where used to 40 fts and nabis and the fact that fairview eventually gonna be a merge garage which also gonna require them...Thats the reason those 40  fts they do got is being moved...Me personally all fairview lines can have them....i also heard that market st drivers are starting to train for 45 fts from wayne

Edited by biGC323232

9009 and 9011 are at Wayne

6 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

The main arguement for what i saw is that Fairview dont need MCI...all i did was beg the differ..Its gotta be some what a benifit if they choose to send them there.....I cant speak for increase in ridership for the lines..I also touched on the fact that they also got 45 fts buses to train drivers who where used to 40 fts and nabis and the fact that fairview eventually gonna be a merge garage which also gonna require them...Thats the reason those 40  fts they do got is being moved...Me personally all fairview lines can have them....i also heard that market st drivers are starting to train for 45 fts from wayne

Speaking of Market Street, I did hear they want to get their original PABT routes back in the near future. And I believe Market cant hold 45fts without modifications. 

15 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

9009 and 9011 are at Wayne

Speaking of Market Street, I did hear they want to get their original PABT routes back in the near future. And I believe Market cant hold 45fts without modifications. 

I believe Market Street will get their PABT routes back as soon as the garage is finished with modifications. Garage has been in the works for about a year or so. The back of the garage is evidence. I'm sure that space being built is to allow for 45 foot cruisers to fit in the maintenance shop when going in for fixing and perhaps allow for larger bus lifts to lift the 45s. Before the modifications, Wayne's 45 foot MCIs as some of you have been at Market Street  parked alongside with their D4000s and Nabis outside from time to time and overnight for mechanical repairs