New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, davemackey said:

Or Market Street, or Meadowlands.....

Market Street I don't think so. They haven't been trained as far as I know. I don't know if Wayne still has coach 17185. At least that bus should travel to Market ST so the drivers and mechanics can get hands on those new amenities and such. Some drivers of Market already got first hand look of those new cruisers just by Wayne's 190 and 161/151 routes start in Paterson -Broadway Terminal. Also, can 45 or more 45 footers fit in that small lot of Market? 

Perhaps Meadowlands, but this coach was spotted Saturday morning. I don't know if Meadowlands has any Saturday trippers on the regular 190 route. I'm keeping my eyes to MyBus and also out my window 

On 3/26/2019 at 3:41 PM, Majestic412 said:

Fairview has 7493,  7658-7659-7660 transferred from Wayne

Fairview does not have 7601(Oradell), 7789-7792(Meadowlands), 7764, 7678

They need to get rid of some of those sluggish beat up MCIs they have, especially the restroom buses. I've rode 7798 on the 171 line a couple months ago and my goodness that bus suck arse. I told the driver Fairview gave him a shitty bus. His MCI from Market Street broke down hence the loaner. 

It's good Wayne is transfering some of there good 40 footers to Fairview. Hell, they ought to send some 45 footers as well and train the drivers of handling the extra 5 feet, unless some just get it right away

12 hours ago, Ron2themax said:

They need to get rid of some of those sluggish beat up MCIs they have, especially the restroom buses. I've rode 7798 on the 171 line a couple months ago and my goodness that bus suck arse. I told the driver Fairview gave him a shitty bus. His MCI from Market Street broke down hence the loaner. 

It's good Wayne is transfering some of there good 40 footers to Fairview. Hell, they ought to send some 45 footers as well and train the drivers of handling the extra 5 feet, unless some just get it right away

Yeah some of Fairview Mci are terrible...Thats mainly cause they get hand me downs from other garages...

On 4/3/2019 at 9:54 PM, Ron2themax said:

Nabi bus 6108 is CUSA- Community. My guess is good as yours as to why that particular bus belongs to CUSA instead of Saddle River Trails of the Bergen County routes

Looks like Saddle River lost the Bergen County lines to Community effective 4/2/2019.

4 hours ago, go25 said:

That didn't last long... I guess the operation overwhelmed Saddle River Trails

When I took the 756 a few months ago on Route 4, the bus was in bad shape. Since Academy lost the lines several years back, those lines have gone downhill. Community isn’t much better. I wish Market St would take the Passaic County lines back and put the 709 back in Orange garage. Of course, NJT can’t even handle the buses and trains they have now, so wishful thinking.

7 hours ago, go25 said:

That didn't last long... I guess the operation overwhelmed Saddle River Trails

Yup.

They had a hard time keeping up with the upkeep of the NABIs. It got so bad out there that they had an MCI or two consistently on the 780 and some of the other local lines.

And then it got worse when passengers were complaining that they were not getting MCIs on the local routes!

Edited by Cait Sith