Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i want to thank everyone on here that came to this forum with useful information and those who continue to exchange information relevant to the hiring process. It keeps us updated and informed so we know what to expect. If i didn't know better I would be freaking out since i went to preemployment and still haven't received a call back yet. I only recently joined this forum, but i was stalking it for quite a while checking for information. so thanks.

can someone who recently got hired for the 10/22 class describe the physical exam in detail. what is done, what is asked, as much details would be appreciated

Ummm.. I don't think you'll get info in "detail" . It's pretty much sit at a computer, fill in info, see the doc, get a physical, bloodwork, blood pressure, vision, hearing. I saw all this when I went for the pre-interview ealier this month. Others were there for medicals for other postions so I kind of overheard the lady giving them instructions while I was waiting for my number to be called.. So I kind of know what to expect. Noting to freak out about. I wouldn't even recommend posting all that info on a "public forum" anyway. That's probably why you'll never get a detailed answer.

Loose lips sink ships.....

Edited by elantra06

Ummm.. I don't think you'll get info in "detail" . It's pretty much sit at a computer, fill in info, see the doc, get a physical, bloodwork, blood pressure, vision, hearing. I saw all this when I went for the pre-interview ealier this month. Others were there for medicals for other postions so I kind of overheard the lady giving them instructions while I was waiting for my number to be called.. So I kind of know what to expect. Noting to freak out about. I wouldn't even recommend posting all that info on a "public forum" anyway. That's probably why you'll never get a detailed answer.

You are making it out to be more than what it is. All of the info he is asking is public information regarding the hiring process. There are no trade secrets. Theres nothing wrong with wanting to know what to expect when the doctor examines you.

Edited by Warduke

They take blood too? Does that mean we have to fast for 12 hours?

WTG. I hope I'll be getting mine on Monday (low 150s)

let me ask you guys, what day did you go in for preemployment? i went in on October 3 (asking because I think this has more to do with when they call you back. they do it in say, groups of people) and i am in the mid 150's... still waiting for my phone call, but hearing this elevated my level of excitement and at the same time elevated my level of anxiety.

congrats by the way and good luck elantra06

Edited by nab311

let me ask you guys, what day did you go in for preemployment? i went in on October 3 (asking because I think this has more to do with when they call you back. they do it in say, groups of people) and i am in the mid 150's... still waiting for my phone call, but hearing this elevated my level of excitement and at the same time elevated my level of anxiety.

congrats by the way and good luck elantra06

I did my premployment Oct 2nd. At the pace they are moving you guys in the 150's should be getting calls next week.

The best place to live is in NJ because your right in the middle of both divisions so it doesn't matter which terminal they send you to. WHen I get off the bus at 42 st., virtaully every single A div and B div. terminal (with the exception of Far Rockaway and Rockaway Park, perhaps) is less than an hour away.

Congratulations to those who are coming off the street, and into the subway. Hopefully I will get to see some of you all, and some become my student(s) on the PM tour. I had three in the A Div, and no one made me squeeze my cheeks tightly together yet. Don't need to explain why I have a dirty uniform. On thing I do, is teach how to go through timers, without braking at every one. That is one thing I learn when I get on a line. Makes it easier, to know where you are working, and if you get a student. Important things to do is, get plenty of rest, be alert, listen and learn. You will be taught alot. Signals are a must pass, and they aren't playing around. Sadly lots of promos, got sent back, for failure to write down correctly, what a signal aspect means. Don't fly through yellows, and brake hard before reds. Once you see yellow, start braking, and if a train is in front of you, start pacing, and gaping yourself. Try to get that yellow to go green. As a Superintendent in schoolcar said, and I live it to this day. "Keep riding yellows, and one day, you WILL hit a red........"

DOB thanks for the help to newbies coming in..I literally read the entire thread about training & schoolcar haha you and NASCAR had some good stories but I'm looking forward on how to operate and will always be looking for tips kudos to guys like you willing to help

I am going to go ahead an assume that 180 Livingston Street is going to be a ghost town for at least today. I haven't gotten the call to come back for medical yet, which I was expecting today, but I'm sure Sandy had something to do with that. Hope all of you's and your loved ones stay safe (and dry) and hope the subway system doesn't suffer too much, if any damage from this storm!

I left a voicemail for the lady that called me for Medical/Final processing. My appointment is tommorrow morning. Do any of you guys now if 180 Livingston will be open for sure on Wednesday morning? I will have to drive since the subways aren't looking to be up and running anytime soon.

A little common sense goes a long way. Of course they arnt going to be open. The whole subway system is a disaster area and underwater.

Yes as far as operations. Administrative duties I would think would resume tommorrow...and the subway isn't the only way to get around the city..

Edited by elantra06

Training classes and etc.. arnt going to be open for the rest of the week. Resources are needed to repair the system and get it back up and runnning. When you make contact with the MTA they will tell you all of the details on when to come back.

Edited by Warduke

Well hearing how badly the tunnels were flooded and the time table to restore services what do ppl think on how this will affect those waiting to go in for schoolcar and other hiring process?? Also to current TOs how does the storm affect u guys i.e involved in the system cleanup