Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Apparently I have some sort of extra heartbeat in my EKG and they want a letter from my doctor saying I won't lose consciousness while operating RTO equipment! I've already notified my doctor and now I wait for her to get back to me; I hope she gets back to me before this week is out!

What a bunch of Fvcking a$$holes.

Edited by Dan05979

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No letter yet :-( I even put my Mailman on alert to look out for the letter. LOL!! I know many others said have patience, but I'm sooooo ready to start this next chapter in life. I know it'll be difficult, but any and everyone of us hopefuls have to realize we've got to give this 150% if we get the opportunity. Good luck to all!!!

No letter yet :-( I even put my Mailman on alert to look out for the letter. LOL!! I know many others said have patience, but I'm sooooo ready to start this next chapter in life. I know it'll be difficult, but any and everyone of us hopefuls have to realize we've got to give this 150% if we get the opportunity. Good luck to all!!!

Wait until you get the letter your excitement will build even more lol. The past 3yrs have been a very rough point in my life. The day I was sworn in it literally felt like a new chapter begining in my life which I am grateful for.

My excitment is still there as I'm hoping next Tuesday I get placed in the A Division but I'll still be happy with the B Division :)

So I went down to 180 Livingston St yesterday for medical and final processing. I was the second person on line and still didn't get out of there until 3:30. A lot of tests, running around and a whole lot of waiting. At the end of the day I got to raise my right hand and take the oath. See you guys on Monday. By the way, it seems like a whole bunch of people got put on medical hold. It looked like most didn't make it to the end. Good Luck everyone!

So I went down to 180 Livingston St yesterday for medical and final processing. I was the second person on line and still didn't get out of there until 3:30. A lot of tests, running around and a whole lot of waiting. At the end of the day I got to raise my right hand and take the oath. See you guys on Monday. By the way, it seems like a whole bunch of people got put on medical hold. It looked like most didn't make it to the end. Good Luck everyone!

If you don't mind me asking, what list # were you? 150's, 160's, 170's?? Good luck!! Can't wait till I can say the same!

Wait until you get the letter your excitement will build even more lol. The past 3yrs have been a very rough point in my life. The day I was sworn in it literally felt like a new chapter begining in my life which I am grateful for.

My excitment is still there as I'm hoping next Tuesday I get placed in the A Division but I'll still be happy with the B Division :)

Congrats again!!! I know plenty of folks who work Transit - they basically all said the same thing. Ask questions in School car, and if you still don't understand - ask again. And when studying Signals don't try to memorize them all at once - try to memorize them in groups of maybe 5 or 6 at a time. Hopefully the majority of your classmates will pick the B so you can pick on the A Division :-). Best wishes!!

Is there a # to call to find out what the last list # that was certified? Or do I just have to call 212-669-1357 to speak to a live operator and inquire. I'd much rather an automated system because I could only imagine how many people call just to ask that question everyday.

Apparently I have some sort of extra heartbeat in my EKG and they want a letter from my doctor saying I won't lose consciousness while operating RTO equipment! I've already notified my doctor and now I wait for her to get back to me; I hope she gets back to me before this week is out!

Get it resolved ASAP, and they'll clear you and swear you in that day you bring back the paper.

list in 170's got sworn in today for 11-12 start

See you guys on Monday.

went for medical/final processing on Monday. I was put on hold because my pulse was high...took care of things and now i was sworn in last night...I don't start however until 12/17. When i was finally cleared late yesterday afternoon, the last November spot had just been taken. they said the 12/3 class was pushed back, don't know why. Kinda stinks because my job went under with the hurricane, so now im unemployed, but i'm employed...kinda wired, happy, but i am gonna fall behind the next two months in my bills big time...

went for medical/final processing on Monday. I was put on hold because my pulse was high...took care of things and now i was sworn in last night...I don't start however until 12/17. When i was finally cleared late yesterday afternoon, the last November spot had just been taken. they said the 12/3 class was pushed back, don't know why. Kinda stinks because my job went under with the hurricane, so now im unemployed, but i'm employed...kinda wired, happy, but i am gonna fall behind the next two months in my bills big time...

go on the dept of labor website. You are still entitled to disaster unemployment insurance since you lost your job because of the hurricane.

Congrats!! Sorry about your other job though. What range did your list # fall in?

Other than the waiting this process for train operator wasnt as frustrating as i thought it would be. If you go in with your ducks in a row there shouldnt be any issues. I had my blood pressure taken a week before i went in just to make sure and provided a clearance letter from an orthopedist doc for my shoulder surgery. I didnt want to be put on hold for anything. Getting a print out from social security was probably the best piece of advice i got from this forum because my investigator told me that they get that same info and cross reference it with what we list on our employment history. GL to all already in and for those still waiting.

#507 here. Anyone have confirmation to the post earlier in this thread of more train operator classes being put in after December? From the sound of it I am not going to receive an invite to Livingston unless there are more classes being put in.

#507 here. Anyone have confirmation to the post earlier in this thread of more train operator classes being put in after December? From the sound of it I am not going to receive an invite to Livingston unless there are more classes being put in.

They are supposed to be hiring 40 T/Os per month from now til April so there should be classes after Dec. At this rate it seems to get 40 ppl for these classes they have to contact about 100 ppl seeing they got 80 ppl for the (2) classes and list# of 190s, you should be getting a call soon Robb for a DT and would think you will get into one of those classes in Feb/March time frame. All this is if they still follow through with the hiring process. Keep us in the loop im above you haha and am hoping maybe getting in that April class if things ramp up a lil

They are supposed to be hiring 40 T/Os per month from now til April so there should be classes after Dec. At this rate it seems to get 40 ppl for these classes they have to contact about 100 ppl seeing they got 80 ppl for the (2) classes and list# of 190s, you should be getting a call soon Robb for a DT and would think you will get into one of those classes in Feb/March time frame. All this is if they still follow through with the hiring process. Keep us in the loop im above you haha and am hoping maybe getting in that April class if things ramp up a lil

Thanks Justin. Hopefully for us they stick to that plan. Seems like more people than expected are taking the job. I will keep all posted.