Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone! I have been following this for a good while now. Ever since I found out I was on the list for TO. I was wondering what the general feeling was about how far into the list they will go. It was really moving last spring and into the summer but I get the sense they are slowing down some. Even this forum isn't moving like it was. I would check it at least once a day and get great insight. Now it's 2 or 3 days before someone posts. The list It was stuck at 1322 for a good bit and now seems that 1414 is gonna be there a while. I've read that some people in the 1500 range have been called for the drug test. So that is good news. I'm in the 2100 range and believe me I am crossing my fingers that it reaches me. So if anybody wants to respond and give their opinion please do. GL to all of you that have made it.

Well I was sworn in whoaaa and I got into the nov 18th class which gives me some personal time I'm so excited. Everyone at 180 today was tremendous and nice from the security guard who was pulln for me while I was waiting for my medical results to the human resource staff and lady who swore me in she was very funny and busting my chops sayn I was a trouble maker for asking for the next class haha.

Even the doctors & nurse were very nice so overall what a exp from 09 taking the exam 4 years later ready to fulllfill a personal dream of mine to operate a nyc subway since I was a kid.

I'm not sure how many more ppl they are goin to hire but ppl waiting to get called stay positive you never know when you'll get called and keep in touch w ns shivers regularly. Gl to all

Also thanks to all who share information with all of us that know the ropes and my questions personally much appreciated

Congrats, hipefully they out a couple more classes in there.

Well I was sworn in whoaaa and I got into the nov 18th class which gives me some personal time I'm so excited. Everyone at 180 today was tremendous and nice from the security guard who was pulln for me while I was waiting for my medical results to the human resource staff and lady who swore me in she was very funny and busting my chops sayn I was a trouble maker for asking for the next class haha.

Even the doctors & nurse were very nice so overall what a exp from 09 taking the exam 4 years later ready to fulllfill a personal dream of mine to operate a nyc subway since I was a kid.

I'm not sure how many more ppl they are goin to hire but ppl waiting to get called stay positive you never know when you'll get called and keep in touch w ns shivers regularly. Gl to all

Also thanks to all who share information with all of us that know the ropes and my questions personally much appreciated

U will be called sometime in the spring of 2014.

Hey everyone! I have been following this for a good while now. Ever since I found out I was on the list for TO. I was wondering what the general feeling was about how far into the list they will go. It was really moving last spring and into the summer but I get the sense they are slowing down some. Even this forum isn't moving like it was. I would check it at least once a day and get great insight. Now it's 2 or 3 days before someone posts. The list It was stuck at 1322 for a good bit and now seems that 1414 is gonna be there a while. I've read that some people in the 1500 range have been called for the drug test. So that is good news. I'm in the 2100 range and believe me I am crossing my fingers that it reaches me. So if anybody wants to respond and give their opinion please do. GL to all of you that have made it.

U will be called sometime in the spring of 2014.

CONGRATULATIONS Justin!!! Well done...

CONGRATULATION Justin,you really worked hard for it. Your posts have really helped us get the wind of the hiring process. Is the next class Nov 18 or is there an October class but you opted for the Nov 18 class?

MarkOp thanks for the kind words and I opted for the nov 18 class there's a class oct 28th they initially asked me if i wanted the 28th but for me making a transition to nyc and givn my employer a notice 2wks would be very tight for me. This schedule suits me 50 times better I'm truly grateful

MarkOp thanks for the kind words and I opted for the nov 18 class there's a class oct 28th they initially asked me if i wanted the 28th but for me making a transition to nyc and givn my employer a notice 2wks would be very tight for me. This schedule suits me 50 times better I'm truly grateful

Thanks for the reply. That's good news, hopefully I'll make it in one of the two classes.

His list number remained the same. You have three chances accept a call to drug test and interview and two times to add yourself back to the list if you don't accept the original call or if you prefer to defer for whatever reason until a better time. In either case your list number remains the same.

When you do add yourself back to the list and depending on your number and in Justin's case I doubt anyone else with a number that good is adding themselves back at this point in the game, your name will be the first called for all matters relating to the list number such as pick process for division. Justin will have the number one overall selection in the draft.

As it relates to graduating from school car he will have the most senior file number of the entire class regardless of division. The file number is the seniority number that once again relates to the pick process, but this time for picking what job on what line as well as vacation and pay location. However his file number will not be hire than anyone from any previous classes as file numbers relate to your first day in title. You cannot be more senior than someone with an earlier first day in the same title.

It's a good thing he's jumping on board while he can. I'm not sure how far into next year they will continue to select from this list as regularly as they are right now. Retirements are massive and will continue but things will slow up a bit. When that happens the number of new classes will slow down. We are getting into the territory when it may be time to put up a posting for a new test and now that the MTA controls it's own testing they may look to do so sooner rather than later as the fees will be collected by.....the MTA.

thanks RTROPO

good man, congrats! this is very helpful because now we can have an idea what to expect when we go there, thanks.

Hey guys! i just got a message from MTA i have to go October 16 for medical examination, i have list # 149x...keep waiting positive, they are still calling, i'll post what happend once i come back from there.

hey Justin, sorry to bother with questions, i dont know if somebody posted before, let me ask you, how's the process...you go to medical and after that? what are those classes you mentioned? what about the division A - B? if you can explain it to me would be great, thanks man!

Urraca congratsss man on the call.

Sure some tips. Get there early like 630 645 so you can get your tix number. Make sure you bring your license passport and ss card.

You'll give a urine sample for sugar I believe. Then ekg and blood pressure. The vision test is like the dmv you look into a machine and look at shapes and numbers in a color colliage and then a hearing test inside a booth w headphones and a buzzer you hit the buzzer when u hear various tones high pitch and faint. Then the doc reviews everything and does reflex drills w you nuthn crazy and you either passed or not. If u pass you fill out more paperwork beneficiaries..tax info married single then hand in the 21 page booklet and all paperwork. Then you meet with. HR Rep go over everything take fingerprints and a photo id. Finally u get sworn in =).

I was 4th in line and done with everything bye 145. Everyone was great a lot of nice ppl work there as long as you show respect I was impressed makes the exp better.

They got a class oct 28 & nov 18 which I'm in. You might depending on your seniority which is your list number if your the lowest in the group pick what Div you want or I've heard sometimes they put you in whatever Div they need you in. And that happens the first day along with getn ur transit pass which is good for the subway and buses and i think your id badge.

Hope this helps and gl man let us know how you make out =)

Sure some tips. Get there early like 630 645 so you can get your tix number. Make sure you bring your license passport and ss card.

You'll give a urine sample for sugar I believe. Then ekg and blood pressure. The vision test is like the dmv you look into a machine and look at shapes and numbers in a color colliage and then a hearing test inside a booth w headphones and a buzzer you hit the buzzer when u hear various tones high pitch and faint. Then the doc reviews everything and does reflex drills w you nuthn crazy and you either passed or not. If u pass you fill out more paperwork beneficiaries..tax info married single then hand in the 21 page booklet and all paperwork. Then you meet with. HR Rep go over everything take fingerprints and a photo id. Finally u get sworn in =).

I was 4th in line and done with everything bye 145. Everyone was great a lot of nice ppl work there as long as you show respect I was impressed makes the exp better.

They got a class oct 28 & nov 18 which I'm in. You might depending on your seniority which is your list number if your the lowest in the group pick what Div you want or I've heard sometimes they put you in whatever Div they need you in. And that happens the first day along with getn ur transit pass which is good for the subway and buses and i think your id badge.

thank you very much, i'll be prepare, I appreciate it the time u took to explain it to us, thanks 

License passport or driver's license?? I don't have a passport.

Is the vision test the one that makes you pick out numbers from multicolored dots?????

Guys quick question..I just realized I forgot to put a job I had on my 21 page booklet. I totally forgot it and I don't even remember when and how long I was there probably 2 or 3 wks and it was prob 15yrs ago it was at a civic center selln refreshments at events. Obviously I wasn't trying to hide anything and been at my job for 13 yrs no problems ever at this or any job this just a slipped my mind since it was a small gig yearsss ago. I already got sworn in should I call them and tell them I forgot about that job or wait and see if they ask me?? I'm 34 with only 4 jobs since HS. Any info appreciated

I hear u loud n clear brother Justin. I don't even think it would be a problem. BUT, if u like to call n notify Ms. Shivers; do so. I have 2 quick ques: How do they investigate your "previous employment"? And how can you fail the EKG? Btw, and I know Justin will kno this. Please, breakdown the EKG process. Ty...

Trainman I would hope it wouldn't be a problem I legit completely forgot about that gig and have no reason to omit anything never mind that job. It did say do not INTENTIONALLY omit anything and obv I wasn't intentionally doin it. If there is a problem I hope they would question me and see I legit forgot.

Like u asked I'm not even sure how they do a investigation of employment so I'm curious now.

And ekg I would say to fail that you would need to have maybe a irregular heartbeat or maybe a palpatation something out of rythmn. The process they just hook up sensors on your heart and some other places and you sit there maybe a min or so while the machines analyze you

Hope this helps man

Edited by Justin08