Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Trainman I would hope it wouldn't be a problem I legit completely forgot about that gig and have no reason to omit anything never mind that job. It did say do not INTENTIONALLY omit anything and obv I wasn't intentionally doin it. If there is a problem I hope they would question me and see I legit forgot.

Like u asked I'm not even sure how they do a investigation of employment so I'm curious now.

And ekg I would say to fail that you would need to have maybe a irregular heartbeat or maybe a palpatation something out of rythmn. The process they just hook up sensors on your heart and some other places and you sit there maybe a min or so while the machines analyze you

Hope this helps man

Thank u Justin. I believe they call past employers. I think that is a FARCE cause a lot of your past supervisors from so long ago probably don't even work there anymore.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE I just called the MTA and told them the situation. He said if it was a job like that of selling ice cream 15yrs ago not to worry its over 10 years ago. But just a relief im not trying to hide that job obvisiously hahaha

Thanks guys

Good job on your part. This way your conscience is clear and you don't have that thought in your head constantly. Regarding picking divisions this is my point of view from a rookie's standpoint which I am (Nov 2012 induction). Not knowing the ropes and being naive I initially wanted and if would've been allowed, I would've picked into the B division.

My reason for that was I thought since the B division has more lines I'd get more opportunity for work there. So during orientation when they started calling people up to the table to pick the div that they wanted to work in I was fully ready to say B div. Fortunately by the time they got to me the B div was full and the TSS said "OK everyone else that's left is going to the A div". 

That day I was bummed out but today I can truly say its been a blessing for two reasons. The first and most important reason is the commute. I live in the Bronx and believe me the crew office has cooperated with me and kept me close to home I'll say 98% of the times.

Believe me, there's nothing worse than looking at the assignment sheets to find out where you have to report the next day and seeing that it says somewhere in Brooklyn when you live in the Bx. There are many days where you are working for 10, 11 and 12 hours and the last thing you need is another hour plus to get home after a long day at work. That extra hour that you don't have to commute is time that you get to spend with the family and that is priceless since you don't get to do alot of that other than on your RDO's.

The second reason is that it's an easier div and there's no question about that. Less equipment, less possibility of taking a wrong lineup. True, its a quicker turnaround in schoolcar than the B div but as far as getting your feet wet and learning to operate, the A div is definitely the way to go.

Eventually I want to do the B div just for the experience but that'll be whenever I decide that I want to and more importantly can do it since you can only transfer when there's a job available for you to pick.

So that being said if you're fortunate and can pick your div during orientation (unlike me that I was forced into the A div "blessing") you might want to think about the two reasons that I just detailed and take it into consideration and make a decision. Ultimately its your own decision and one that you'll have to live with for a while. 

Hahaha I literally was goin B Div up to today then I calculated the routes because I would be comin into the city via the metro north and A Div is definitely the way to go for me and yes to start off probably better with it being a simplier system over the B Div. So with my list number I should have seniority in my class I'm picking A for sure.

Thanks for the info appreciate it =)

Hahaha I literally was goin B Div up to today then I calculated the routes because I would be comin into the city via the metro north and A Div is definitely the way to go for me and yes to start off probably better with it being a simplier system over the B Div. So with my list number I should have seniority in my class I'm picking A for sure.

Thanks for the info appreciate it =)

Anytime.

hey all went down yesterday for my medical and is pleased to annonce that I'm a NYC Transit employee got there at 0620hrs and was out the door at 1300hrs. thanks to all on this forum keeping us informed how the list is moving and what to expect at the employment center. to those waiting to be called be patient (its hard I know)the list is moving at a good pace read this forum (past pages) it has info that helps you gauge how the list moves and what to expect down at the employment center. List# 1520s took D/T 9/6 call for med 10/11 medical and final processing 10/16

hey all went down yesterday for my medical and is pleased to annonce that I'm a NYC Transit employee got there at 0620hrs and was out the door at 1300hrs. thanks to all on this forum keeping us informed how the list is moving and what to expect at the employment center. to those waiting to be called be patient (its hard I know)the list is moving at a good pace read this forum (past pages) it has info that helps you gauge how the list moves and what to expect down at the employment center. List# 1520s took D/T 9/6 call for med 10/11 medical and final processing 10/16

Congrats on getting the job!!! I went to take my DT on 9/11 but had to return the next dye to not having a court disposition with me. Hopefully i get the call doon, hearing that you got in gives mr hopr

Has anyone who took the drug test on 9/11 received a phone call for final processing?

FYI to those waiting the eye test is no joke I have good eye sight and I just made it. If I was to do it over again I would have gone to an eye doctor and have my eyes checked before the medical. YOU CAN where glasses or contacts for the test.

FYI to those waiting the eye test is no joke I have good eye sight and I just made it. If I was to do it over again I would have gone to an eye doctor and have my eyes checked before the medical. YOU CAN where glasses or contacts for the test.

Is the test any different than DMV?? Are they testing you with that test with all the dots for color blindness??

I hear u loud n clear partner. Thanks 4 the heads up. Quick ques when the EKG exam is being conducted do they put those components on just your chest? I also heard the test is only a minute long. Is that true too???

Hi guys I went to medical the same date as Captgombo and I got the job also, list# 149x,  D/T 9/9..get there early... is better.

@pelham123: the eye exam is different from DMV, mine was some circles with one side open (up, bottom, righ, left) something like this:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/21/3035124/zeiss-online-vision-test-celebrate-100-years-of-zeiss

I was tested with and withouth my glasses, obviously withouth them I can see a sh... but they tested anyway, some colored cards with numbers in the same machine (color blind test), some cube shapes, the doctors are very nice people they talk to you very respectful.

@trainman: about the EKG yes is the one with little stickies on your chest, side chest, ankle, it is fast, take more time to undress and dress back than the process itself.

Guys ask whatever you want to know, that was very helpful for us before we went there, GL and keep the hopes up!!

Edited by urraca

Besides, taking your blood pressure n EKG. What other tests are done on the heart? Do they use a stethoscope to listen to your heart n lungs too?

Yes, after that I went to another room with a Physician/psicolyst (just guessing) because she asked me about all the questions I checked in the computer (they will send you to fill it up a questionary in a computer about your health: diabetes, ashma, HBP, the regular questions, any surgery...etc) then she asked in person all those question looking at me directly to the eyes, and after that I had to strip just leaving me hust in underwear and she will check you out reflexes, listen the heart, lungs, gonna make you squad, raise arms, legs etc, nothing strange, regular check up

Wow she made u strip to ur undies urraca??

yep, and im not that cute, lol, they gave me an "apron" you know the one they use in surgery with the back wide open, but with those movement, squad, arms, legs up, that dont cover much

Edited by urraca

Hahahaha urraca I'm just busting u up I had to do that too. I was laughn to myself saying your prob like whattt am I the only one u got stripped to his undies haha.

hahahahha, good one....actually it made me feels good, she asking me to strip, lol

Thank u all 4 your feedback. One word describes it "Excellent". Now, someone who went through this whole process must explain in full detail how it goes step by step. When u receive in the mail to report for your drug test. You also get a 10-page-booklet to fill out? What is on the 10-page-booklet? You submit that when you report to take the urine test? Then, when u report for the urine test they give u a 21-page-booklet to fill out @ home? What exactly is on that? Then, finally when u get the phone call to report for finally processing "medical exam", u submit the 21-page-booklet? When do u fill out the "comprehensive packet"? The CPU questionnaire on your medical history? And who exactly is your investigator? HR???

Welp, it felt good today reporting to work and not seeing that dreaded PROBATIONARY underneath my name on the sign in sheet highlighted in yellow. Finally done with probation and "secured" my title. But as they say, your on probation your whole career and ima treat it that way. Good luck to you all, time flies. Congrats TA17 & 16

Welp, it felt good today reporting to work and not seeing that dreaded PROBATIONARY underneath my name on the sign in sheet highlighted in yellow. Finally done with probation and "secured" my title. But as they say, your on probation your whole career and ima treat it that way. Good luck to you all, time flies. Congrats TA17 & 16

Congrats Brother, good luck to you the rest of your TA career. Can't wait till I can say the same thing only a couple months away.

Edited by Etrain

Congratulations success. TA18 & 19 up next. Exactly 3 more weeks to go. Looking forward to sign in sheet that day.

Congrats to you!!

The Day after i was Off Probation Yd Job Corona Yd..

LMAO at the Move Sheet i got!

It was a Sheet!