Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Hey Guys just a quick question Ima shy guy bout urintaing in front of people..so do they literally watch you pee or do you at least get to turn around..especially if they  make you strip as someone on here said earlier! also when you get to the medical part do you have to tell them evry medication you may be on? Keeping my fingers crossed and appreciate the advice..see ya down below!!

Its the MTA.  Not prison.  I hope not... =/

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys just a quick question Ima shy guy bout urintaing in front of people..so do they literally watch you pee or do you at least get to turn around..especially if they  make you strip as someone on here said earlier! also when you get to the medical part do you have to tell them evry medication you may be on? Keeping my fingers crossed and appreciate the advice..see ya down below!!

No. Atleast not when I did it.  You go into a bathroom. You have to remove your coat, phone, bags and put it in a locker.

I hope someone can answer this for me. I am waiting for medical. IF for whatever reason I don't get accepted, does MTA send me a notice or notify me in any way that I was denied this job OR am I never going to hear back from them ?  My list # is low 1600s... Thanks for any help.

I hope someone can answer this for me. I am waiting for medical. IF for whatever reason I don't get accepted, does MTA send me a notice or notify me in any way that I was denied this job OR am I never going to hear back from them ? My list # is low 1600s... Thanks for any help.

That sounds a bit odd being that they are in the early 2,000's with the drug test already. Call the MTA Employment Center @ 1-347-643-8229/ Ms. Shivers @ 1-347-643-8218. And after you do, please post something on this forums. Good luck!!!

I hope someone can answer this for me. I am waiting for medical. IF for whatever reason I don't get accepted, does MTA send me a notice or notify me in any way that I was denied this job OR am I never going to hear back from them ? My list # is low 1600s... Thanks for any help.

If u failed the drug test u would et a letter saying that u failed. When did u take the drug test?

If u failed the drug test u would et a letter saying that u failed. When did u take the drug test?

I took the drug test on the 29th of Oct. Thanks for your reply.

That sounds a bit odd being that they are in the early 2,000's with the drug test already. Call the MTA Employment Center @ 1-347-643-8229/ Ms. Shivers @ 1-347-643-8218. And after you do, please post something on this forums. Good luck!!!

Thanks man. I talked to Ms Shivers about 2 weeks ago and last time we left off she said they were up to list 1550.  I asked her about medical and she said she has no time table on when I will be called.  It depends on how much need there are for TO at the time. She also mentioned they call 40 at a time for medical. I will try her again. Its hard to get through to her sometimes and her VM is full so I cant leave a message.  I will post here with any new info

Edited by Tommy John

My list # is in the 1,650's. I took the d/t twice already. It looks like we're just going to have to be patient a little while longer.

My list # is in the 1,650's. I took the d/t twice already. It looks like we're just going to have to be patient a little while longer.

Damn.. it looks like we not going to make it for the Dec class ?  When was your 1st D/T and your 2nd D/T if you don't mind me asking ? Thanks.

This all sounds like another FARCE to me. Why would they be in the early 2,000's already with the drug tests??? And they are calling people in the 1600's for a second drug test??? WHAT A JOKE!!!

Yeah I am not quite sure what is going on.  Someone from 180 Livingston told me the D/T is good for 90 days yet I read online someone else told somebody it is good for only 30 days.  When I call the automated # for dcas the automated machine says the last appointed TO is list #1414.

I was at 180 for a d/t today. I was told that the last appointed list number was 1616. Makes me wonder why I was called in so early. My list number is in the low 2000's. I was told that a response could take up to 90 days.

Damn I am close to 1616.. If I am not called for medical by now does that mean I got looked over for this job, I am worried now?!  Who did you talk to over there about this list #1616? 

Edited by Tommy John

Damn I am close to 1616.. If I am not called for medical by now does that mean I got looked over for this job, I am worried now?! Who did you talk to over there about this list #1616?

I didn't get a name. He was one of the HR people at the desk on the 5th floor at 180 Livingston.

Well Heres My Update On This....To My Surprise I received the letter for Train Operator Last friday...Went in this past wednesday to 180 and Took the D/T...Had no idea they were movin along this fast ...Cuaght me off guard if you catch my drift...So The lab technician told me if i recive a call within 48 hours of the test then Im f**ked lol...Well So far so Good!!! No Call as of yet and the 48 hour mark was this mornin at 11AM...keepin ma fingers crossed...as the days past...I kicked the habit about 3.5 weeks ago and been drinkin water and excercising and I feel great..So Just Hopin I get this Becuase This is Truly a game changer for my life...im doin security right now makin 16 bucks an hour...this is startin at 30...double what im gettin not mentionin overtime...I feel truly blessed to even be in this position and be considered...Hopin to hear from them soon with the news to come back for the medical and final processing...List number 2.017...Best of luck to all the future T/Os...I want the "A" division cuz im in LOVE with the 5 Train lol...

Well Heres My Update On This....To My Surprise I received the letter for Train Operator Last friday...Went in this past wednesday to 180 and Took the D/T...Had no idea they were movin along this fast ...Cuaght me off guard if you catch my drift...So The lab technician told me if i recive a call within 48 hours of the test then Im f**ked lol...Well So far so Good!!! No Call as of yet and the 48 hour mark was this mornin at 11AM...keepin ma fingers crossed...as the days past...I kicked the habit about 3.5 weeks ago and been drinkin water and excercising and I feel great..So Just Hopin I get this Becuase This is Truly a game changer for my life...im doin security right now makin 16 bucks an hour...this is startin at 30...double what im gettin not mentionin overtime...I feel truly blessed to even be in this position and be considered...Hopin to hear from them soon with the news to come back for the medical and final processing...List number 2.017...Best of luck to all the future T/Os...I want the "A" division cuz im in LOVE with the 5 Train lol...

They mail u a letter stating u tested positive on the drug test. They only call u to can in for medical after u pass the drug test. Hopefully u did pass the d/t. Good luck.

& here is the proof that they mail u a letter if u think I don't know what I'm talking about.

Received a letter today stating I tested positive on the drug test, giving me 10 days to follow up with the MRO or I'm disqualified. I quit smoking marijuana 5-6 months ago, guess it wasnt soon enough. Truly hope I have the opportunity to state my case and continue on to training but I'm not so sure at this point. I'm really disappointed that this is happening after all the work I went through cleaning up my act. Reading your stories were truly inspiring and I wish you all the best.

^^ That guy who failed the d/t, either he was smoking 24/7 for years on end or he is mistaken how long he quit smoking. There is absolutely no way you can test positive for marijuana if he stopped "5 to 6" months ago.

The lab tech never told me that I will receive a call if I failed. Strange how some people get told different things from others.

Does anyone know if you do fail the D/T how soon after the test do you receive the letter ?  I took a pre workout supplement a few days before that might have some banned substances and I freaking read the label on that after the D/T and this has been on my mind ever since. I am paranoid as hell.. Any timetable on when people receive the failed letter ? Thanks. I hope we all get the job and all in the same school car.

Does anyone know if you do fail the D/T how soon after the test do you receive the letter ? I took a pre workout supplement a few days before that might have some banned substances and I freaking read the label on that after the D/T and this has been on my mind ever since. I am paranoid as hell.. Any timetable on when people receive the failed letter ? Thanks. I hope we all get the job and all in the same school car.

It took him like a week to get that letter.