Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-york-city/703253-took-mta-train-operator-exam-got-34.html#b

Here is breakdown on benefits I was able to find in another forum. Informative stuff. It may be a little outdated and does not include the new contract stuff that was announced today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mard

Hello everyone.  Hey BrownHornet!!!!  Almost time, cant wait to start this great opportunity.  I know I sound like a young school kid waiting for the first day of school so I can show off my new sneakers!  hahaha  you remember those days.  Havent checked in for a while.  Finishing up at my current position. Will check in again later.  Good luck to all of you that are lined up for DT and medical.  Those of you waiting, be patient.  I know it is easier said than done.  peace to all

Hello everyone.  Hey BrownHornet!!!!  Almost time, cant wait to start this great opportunity.  I know I sound like a young school kid waiting for the first day of school so I can show off my new sneakers!  hahaha  you remember those days.  Havent checked in for a while.  Finishing up at my current position. Will check in again later.  Good luck to all of you that are lined up for DT and medical.  Those of you waiting, be patient.  I know it is easier said than done.  peace to all

Lmao!!! Hell yeah I remember those days!!! And we are like school children waiting patiently! People who know me personally, they'll tell you. I'm just counting down the days. And yes.... Good luck to those waiting Mard, ect.. When we took this test 5 years ago we didn't think (at least I never thought) that we would get this shot! Now look!!! We've waited this long, shieet!! What's a couple more weeks!!!

One question: How do they conduct your past employment screening??? I have read on here previously that they want your whole work history. And people are going crazy to get their social security read outs. I mean lot of jobs I had the companies went out of business, moved, the supervisors don't work there anymore. It sounds a little crazy to me. What kind of questions do they ask on the 10 and 21 page booklets?? And what kind of questions do they ask you when your down there. Can someone who been through this process already please explain. Thanks....

One question: How do they conduct your past employment screening??? I have read on here previously that they want your whole work history. And people are going crazy to get their social security read outs. I mean lot of jobs I had the companies went out of business, moved, the supervisors don't work there anymore. It sounds a little crazy to me. What kind of questions do they ask on the 10 and 21 page booklets?? And what kind of questions do they ask you when your down there. Can someone who been through this process already please explain. Thanks....

Wassup Trainman... I have been through both processes, and now thank God I'm gonna start 4/28. Quick question before I answer yours. What's your list range?

Mid 3,000's. By the way the list is moving I will make it. You are not only answering it for but many others that will like to know as well. Thanks...

I know I'm not answering only for YOU. This IS a public forum and answers on here will be read by anyone. That being said.... I will offer you this sound advice (like I've read from many other members who've gone through it) if, and when you are called, you will first get a letter. In that packet you will get that 10 page info. Packet, and instructions on what to bring (ie. social security card, high school diploma, VALID ID, like a drivers license) and if you are missing either one of these and you show up they will not proceed until you get that. Now, let's say you have that, you will continue to take your D/T. After that, they will give you the 21 page booklet. With that comes an instruction manual describing (in detail) what is to be done. If I were YOU I would make sure I go to S/S office. Pay $102 for your work history. List EVERYTHING! If you wanna chance them terminating you for omitting info. Then don't take my advice. I see on this forum of stories that people have gotten terminated while in training. I for one do not want to be THAT person. They want everything from high school. And if you have unemployed time, you have to list it. Account for EVERYTHING. Then once you get the (phone call ) you go through more in depth medical, you pass that, fill out more paper work, then you get called to sit with an investigator. They go over you booklet to make sure you have no gaps in your booklet. After that, (raise right hand) sworn in at said title, jump for joy, go take fingerprints and a packet to take home. Done!!!! I really hope this helps! It HAS helped me!

I know I'm not answering only for YOU. This IS a public forum and answers on here will be read by anyone. That being said.... I will offer you this sound advice (like I've read from many other members who've gone through it) if, and when you are called, you will first get a letter. In that packet you will get that 10 page info. Packet, and instructions on what to bring (ie. social security card, high school diploma, VALID ID, like a drivers license) and if you are missing either one of these and you show up they will not proceed until you get that. Now, let's say you have that, you will continue to take your D/T. After that, they will give you the 21 page booklet. With that comes an instruction manual describing (in detail) what is to be done. If I were YOU I would make sure I go to S/S office. Pay $102 for your work history. List EVERYTHING! If you wanna chance them terminating you for omitting info. Then don't take my advice. I see on this forum of stories that people have gotten terminated while in training. I for one do not want to be THAT person. They want everything from high school. And if you have unemployed time, you have to list it. Account for EVERYTHING. Then once you get the (phone call ) you go through more in depth medical, you pass that, fill out more paper work, then you get called to sit with an investigator. They go over you booklet to make sure you have no gaps in your booklet. After that, (raise right hand) sworn in at said title, jump for joy, go take fingerprints and a packet to take home. Done!!!! I really hope this helps! It HAS helped me!

Useful info. Ques: Do you have to bring a passport or the ss printout itself?? And what of ques do they ask about your past/current employers? Like addresses, phone numbers, and do they want the owners name or current supervisor name?? I wonder if they really call all these places up???

I know I'm not answering only for YOU. This IS a public forum and answers on here will be read by anyone. That being said.... I will offer you this sound advice (like I've read from many other members who've gone through it) if, and when you are called, you will first get a letter. In that packet you will get that 10 page info. Packet, and instructions on what to bring (ie. social security card, high school diploma, VALID ID, like a drivers license) and if you are missing either one of these and you show up they will not proceed until you get that. Now, let's say you have that, you will continue to take your D/T. After that, they will give you the 21 page booklet. With that comes an instruction manual describing (in detail) what is to be done. If I were YOU I would make sure I go to S/S office. Pay $102 for your work history. List EVERYTHING! If you wanna chance them terminating you for omitting info. Then don't take my advice. I see on this forum of stories that people have gotten terminated while in training. I for one do not want to be THAT person. They want everything from high school. And if you have unemployed time, you have to list it. Account for EVERYTHING. Then once you get the (phone call ) you go through more in depth medical, you pass that, fill out more paper work, then you get called to sit with an investigator. They go over you booklet to make sure you have no gaps in your booklet. After that, (raise right hand) sworn in at said title, jump for joy, go take fingerprints and a packet to take home. Done!!!! I really hope this helps! It HAS helped me!Useful info. Ques: Do you have to bring a passport or the ss printout itself?? And what of ques do they ask about your past/current employers? Like addresses, phone numbers, and do they want the owners name or current supervisor name?? I wonder if they really call all these places up???

Thanks!!!! No you do not have to bring a passport. That's ONLY if you don't have a valid ID. And truthfully, no one asks you anything, the 21page booklet does ALL the question asking. And yes, put down reference numbers. And no, the S/S printout is only for your accuracy. But if you don't have any contact info. Ie. place out of business, supervisor no longer there etc. you can note it on the blank page that comes within the 21 page booklet. Just be as forthcoming as possible. Remember. EVERYTHING SINCE HIGH SCHOOL!!! Good luck to you, and all others patiently waiting. You guys times are coming!!! Be ready!! PS I did hear on this forum that transit does call previous employers. So if you were fired, they will know! Or quit, they will know. TELL THE TRUTH.

From what I've read in previous posts and in other forums is this: be 100% honest and as accurate as possible with all information. From what I've heard they are very thorough with screening everything about your work history. So if a company went out of business like you say? They will verify that. I've heard of people who lied on the application and work history and we're terminated from the MTA during school car or even 1 year into the job. It is a slow process but they will check everything. So be honest and upfront with everything. They can tolerate the truth wether it's good or bad. But a lie will get you dismissed as soon as they find outSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Brownhornet. I'm going for medical tomorrow. If you have a minute can you give me a run down on what they check for and how the process works. No need to mention final processing steps because they said that will call me back in for that after medical. Being that I also have to take a 2nd D/T tomorrow as well. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've read in previous posts and in other forums is this: be 100% honest and as accurate as possible with all information. From what I've heard they are very thorough with screening everything about your work history. So if a company went out of business like you say? They will verify that. I've heard of people who lied on the application and work history and we're terminated from the MTA during school car or even 1 year into the job. It is a slow process but they will check everything. So be honest and upfront with everything. They can tolerate the truth wether it's good or bad. But a lie will get you dismissed as soon as they find out

Truth Mard!!! Look I was fired from my job I had in 99. That was when I was young and dumb!! You bet yo ass I made note of it. Reason for leaving? Terminated. And you know Mard I got sworn in waiting for school car!!! So like I told you Trainman.... DISCLOSE EVERYTHING SINCE HIGH SCHOOL. The truth WILL set you fee!!!

From what I've read in previous posts and in other forums is this: be 100% honest and as accurate as possible with all information. From what I've heard they are very thorough with screening everything about your work history. So if a company went out of business like you say? They will verify that. I've heard of people who lied on the application and work history and we're terminated from the MTA during school car or even 1 year into the job. It is a slow process but they will check everything. So be honest and upfront with everything. They can tolerate the truth wether it's good or bad. But a lie will get you dismissed as soon as they find out

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHey Brownhornet. I'm going for medical tomorrow. If you have a minute can you give me a run down on what they check for and how the process works. No need to mention final processing steps because they said that will call me back in for that after medical. Being that I also have to take a 2nd D/T tomorrow as well.

Of course I got a minute!!! Ok first thing good luck my dude! Secondly get there EARLY. I got there at 6 the nice woman from hr got there 615. I was the only one there, and she let me go up. Get a number, when you're in the waiting area sit on the left front side of the room. That's where they will call people for medical. They call your number, then you get some paper work to fill out. Wait again til they call you hand it in, then go on the other side of the room ( the wall behind the HR woman that gave you a waiting number) go to the desk, then they will instruct you to go sit at the computer and fill out a questionnaire ( do I have to spell out what to put?) I think not, lol. When done, go back to the desk that told you to sit at computer tell them you're done, they will print out you answers. Wait again, for your name to be called. But keep your ticket, trust me you'll need it later. Then go see doc ( this is how my process went, it was in different order for others) the doc will go over your answers, look in your ear, lay down on a table, lift up your legs ask you does this hurt here or there. Then he said ok I'll see you after the rest of my medical was done. First ( audiometry test) sit in a sound proof booth. Put on a pair of headphones you hold a little handheld device with a button on top. Right ear first, then left ear. Any sound you hear hit that button. After that sit back outside, they call you again, (vision test), ( that shit is no joke) 3D, peripheries, farsighted, or nearsighted. Done. Sit back outside. Get called again, (EKG) take off shirt, shoes, belt, leave pants on, remove ALL metal from pockets. Lay on table get hooked up, by your heart, and by your ankles. Checks for proper circulation, and regular heart rate. Done, go back outside. Wait to be called again. (Urine test) this time they test on site with a little strip. They look for proteins in your urine. ( sign of diabetes). Done, now you go outside wait for original doctor to call you then let you know either you are Q/D. Then I walked back over to the original area, and you know the rest. Good luck again! Please keep us informed!!

Thanks a mil!

No doubt!!!! Just come back with some good news. The medical is the most tedious part. Once you get through that, shieet!!! It's a cake walk for the rest! Keep us informed. I WILL be stalking this to see if you've posted. Lol, good luck to you, and everyone else