Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Where does school car take place? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the first week (two days at Livingston, and the rest typically at PS 248)... All around the system based on various reporting locations within the division you choose (or is assigned to you).

If you are in the A Division, you will be reporting to A Division terminals and yards.

If B Division, B Division terminals and yards.

However, you will have days here and there where you report to PS 248, RCC, Coney Island Yard (fire school, and possibly also here for 3rd rail jumpers, even if you're in the A Division), etc.

So, basically...all over the place.

Thank you for the valuable info.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's your list# my923ksl? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wassup my923... I will be in that class as well and congrats.... I can answer a couple of your questions. Take the lirr to Flatbush avenue Barclays center. Then take B41, or B45 to jay street. ( unless you really feel like walking). Now the other question, yes dickies are acceptable until we receive our uniforms. ( dark blue or black). And what is your list number?

And for your last question, sorry. I'm in the dark like you. Hey maybe a senior member here can answer that one for you. Hope those answers helped.

list is in the mid 2250's, thanks for the reply, i have not stepped foot on a bus since i used to take it to middle school in queens, don't mind the walk

What's your list# my923ksl? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wassup my923... I will be in that class as well and congrats.... I can answer a couple of your questions. Take the lirr to Flatbush avenue Barclays center. Then take B41, or B45 to jay street. ( unless you really feel like walking). Now the other question, yes dickies are acceptable until we receive our uniforms. ( dark blue or black). And what is your list number?

And for your last question, sorry. I'm in the dark like you. Hey maybe a senior member here can answer that one for you. Hope those answers helped.

list is in the mid 2250's, thanks for the reply, i have not stepped foot on a bus since i used to take it to middle school in queens, don't mind the walk

Lmao! Ok suit yourself, I will let you know that it's not the shortest walk in the world. Lol

Lmao! Ok suit yourself, I will let you know that it's not the shortest walk in the world. Lol

probably be driving in the first few days to make it easy on myself. right across the street from 180 livingston is a huge parking garage for macy's $12 for the day, + 2 block walk. it's only to 130 livingston so screw it.

anyone care to add if a book bag is big enough for whatever stuff they give us?

After the first week (two days at Livingston, and the rest typically at PS 248)... All around the system based on various reporting locations within the division you choose (or is assigned to you).

If you are in the A Division, you will be reporting to A Division terminals and yards.

However, you will have days here and there where you report to PS 248, RCC, Coney Island Yard (fire school, and possibly also here for 3rd rail jumpers, even if you're in the A Division), etc.

So, basically...all over the place.

Can someone please explain, what are the 3rd rail jumpers?

So, basically...all over the place.Can someone please explain, what are the 3rd rail jumpers?

There's a thread on here called the school car experience. Maybe you can find it there. Hope this helps.

Perhaps it's best for you to wait when you are in Schoolcar for that.. Talking about what they are here is no comparison from what you see and learn for yourself when you do it... Some folks in Schoolcar haven been using the phrase" oh well online I"....

TSS cut em down....

What I will say is they are used to help move a train that stalled...

Edited by RTOMan

Perhaps it's best for you to wait when you are in Schoolcar for that.. Talking about what they are here is no comparison from what you see and learn for yourself when you do it... Some folks in Schoolcar haven been using the phrase" oh well online I"....

TSS cut em down....

What I will say is they are used to help move a train that stalled...

^^what he said^^

sleep apnea

if you have sleep apnea  and a cpap machine use it. sleep apnea is not a dis-qualifier  

you need a printout of your machine for at least 30 days to show compliance .  it needs to show that you are using it 80% of the time with at least 4 hours per night.  remember if you don't disclose it and they find out your gone.

just make sure you are using it so when the time comes for a medical hold you can take care of it fast and get back on track

sleep apnea

if you have sleep apnea  and a cpap machine use it. sleep apnea is not a dis-qualifier  

you need a printout of your machine for at least 30 days to show compliance .  it needs to show that you are using it 80% of the time with at least 4 hours per night.  remember if you don't disclose it and they find out your gone.

just make sure you are using it so when the time comes for a medical hold you can take care of it fast and get back on track

Hey BigDan,

Is this from personal experience with the medical?  I'm currently clearing my medical hold for exactly this? Just finished my 30 days. Good luck!

yes

i just wanted to warn others so they can clear a hold fast

im going to be pushed to june30 start date no big deal but want to get started

late started is better than getting canned later for lying

im convenced they would find out

sleep apnea

if you have sleep apnea and a cpap machine use it. sleep apnea is not a dis-qualifier

you need a printout of your machine for at least 30 days to show compliance . it needs to show that you are using it 80% of the time with at least 4 hours per night. remember if you don't disclose it and they find out your gone.

I have bus operator friend who has it he uses the machine and keeps giving them what they ask for... No issues on his end.. Good point to make Dan! Edited by RTOMan

I have bus operator friend who has it he uses the machine and keeps giving them what they ask for... No issues on his end.. Good point to make Dan!

Good luck fellas

yes

i just wanted to warn others so they can clear a hold fast

im going to be pushed to june30 start date no big deal but want to get started

late started is better than getting canned later for lying

im convenced they would find out

Thanks Guys for all of your input.  Looks very good for me getting cleared from Hold this week, and back for medical again.  Looking forward to getting that final hurdle cleared.  Good luck to all of you!

hey guys, i was lucky enough to be hired for the 4/28 class.funny thing is believe it or not i have been on the subway probably 4-5 times my whole life so it's a little intimidating going there for work. with that being said i just have a couple questions.

1. i saw someone write here that they were wearing a pair of dickies for the first weeks dress code, is that ok?

2. as far as commuting in for training,  i'm coming from deer park on the LIRR, is anyone else coming from long island? and what is the easiest way to get there, as i said i'm not a big city guy. was actually thinking of driving in every day.

3.how much stuff are we carrying home on the first couple days? is a backpack enough to accomodate?

Take your car there is a garage with a 9.97 early bird special at 189 Schermerhorn St Brooklyn, NY 11201 right next block to 180 Livingston.

List #258x, no call yet. Curious, if anyone in 2400s got their call this week for final process, end of April. Like I said before, expecting call for the second D/T or final process at the end of May.

Will call DCAS on the first Tue of May to see what # officially was the last one hired for the month of April.

List #258x, no call yet. Curious, if anyone in 2400s got their call this week for final process, end of April. Like I said before, expecting call for the second D/T or final process at the end of May.

Will call DCAS on the first Tue of May to see what # officially was the last one hired for the month of April.

Wassup Leon.... Do you have Ms. Shivers number? Her info. Is more accurate then that recording.

BH78 thanks for your response. I have her phone #. So far I see that it's about 250 people a month on avarage are being processed. Will definitely call her if no call or letter for the second d/t or final process by the end of May. Don't want to stress myself out. My time will come when is suppose to come. The most important to see the last list # officialy hired to see they didn't skip my #.

BH78 thanks for your response. I have her phone #. So far I see that it's about 250 people a month on avarage are being processed. Will definitely call her if no call or letter for the second d/t or final process by the end of May. Don't want to stress myself out. My time will come when is suppose to come. The most important to see the last list # officialy hired to see they didn't skip my #.

@leon Ok, makes sense. Just hold on, your times coming my brother!!!!