Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Hello, everyone. Long time reader and first time poster here. Approximately how many people are being screened (sent to Brooklyn for physical exam/drug test) per month? I ask because my list # is 37xx. I know I have a long wait before I'm called, but I'm trying to predict if this might be 6 months, 9 months, never? Thanks for any info b

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The list has consistently moved 100 or more names a month. And recently the list has moving a lot faster. Stay hopeful and stay patient. Keep your ear to the street (this forum and others) and ask questions like the one you just asked. I'm currently at 180 Livingston right this moment going thru medical. List #2280-2300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The list has consistently moved 100 or more names a month. And recently the list has moving a lot faster. Stay hopeful and stay patient. Keep your ear to the street (this forum and others) and ask questions like the one you just asked. I'm currently at 180 Livingston right this moment going thru medical. List #2280-2300. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yo Mard wassup... How is the medical going so far? C'mon man, let's get it!!!
Hello, everyone. Long time reader and first time poster here. Approximately how many people are being screened (sent to Brooklyn for physical exam/drug test) per month? I ask because my list # is 37xx. I know I have a long wait before I'm called, but I'm trying to predict if this might be 6 months, 9 months, never? Thanks for any info b
Well the only thing that I can tell you Matt, is that this exam (8098) doesn't expire until mid 2016. Personally.... I have never done the math on how many people were hired a month. ( it would literally drive me crazy) but like Mard said stay vigilant, and positive. This list still has lots of room left. I hope this helps a bit. Good luck to you and everyone else out there!!

Brownhornet so far so good. EKG, blood pressure and hearing is all good. Waiting on the results of Vision and urine sample. I'll keep u posted. Thanks for the shout. I don't feel all alone here anymore lol

Brownhornet so far so good. EKG, blood pressure and hearing is all good. Waiting on the results of Vision and urine sample. I'll keep u posted. Thanks for the shout. I don't feel all alone here anymore lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good I'm glad to hear, man when I was there I would ask each doctor that gave me the test, how did I do. They were nice enough to answer for me. But that's just me. Keep us posted!!

Ok everyone I went down to 180 Livingston this morning at 645am for medical and my 2nd drug test for the 5/19 class. Had to take a second d/t bcuz my 1st would be past the 90 day d/t window by 5/19. Typically you would knock out med and final processing the same day. But they explained this to me via phone call this past Friday. Anyway I got there at 645am today took a number at the front desk and waited until about 745 until they started calling people. Thankfully they announced that they would be taking care of medical 1st and then everyone else after. I was the 4th person in line for med. they hand you a form to fill out with basic personal info, name, ss#, list# , etc.. You also need to have your id sscard birth cert/passport and hs diploma with you. After u fill out the form they transfer you to another room where they will call your # and have you fill out two lengthy medical history questionnaires via computer. Once you're done with that they will print up your surveys and have you sign them and wait to be called by a doc by NAME. Once the doc calls you they will take you to another waiting area where you get called in for EKG, blood pressure, urine testing for sugar, vision and hearing. Once that's complete you will report back to the room where u took the medical surveys and wait for the doc to call u again. Once called the doc will take u to a room and check your breathing and heart rate again for circulation. Then the doc will basically verbally ask you questions similar to the survey. Do u smoke, drink etc.. Have u had surgery, are you taking medication.. How's your cholesterol and sugar!!!! Key question they ask because they never draw blood from you so they are looking for any indication that there may be an issue with you. Most importantly if you do have an issue please get it fixed and second and most importantly don't disqualify yourself if you know what I mean. In my case I honestly don't have any issues and I passed with flying colors thank god. After that I had to take my second d/T and now I have to wait for the last phone call to return for final processing. According to them if everything comes back clean (which it will) I will be part of the 5/19 class. So until then I'll be waiting for my call! If you have any other questions feel free to ask. List#2280-2300. According to the front desk people the last person to officially "BEGIN CLASS" is #2090. But we all know that they have set up classes for 4/28 already with people up in 2250-2270 range already. Hope this was helpful. Best of luck to all the pending/hopefuls and congrats to all the pioneers before us on this forum who already made it through. 5 LONG YEARS AND WAITING!!

Hey Bh you know I'm home now!! Lol. When to the dmv after to renew my license. I don't want no problems with documents. My license was due to expire in 3 months. But still I didn't want to wait until the last minute. The MTA is very specific about documentation. I want mines in order.

Hey Bh you know I'm home now!! Lol. When to the dmv after to renew my license. I don't want no problems with documents. My license was due to expire in 3 months. But still I didn't want to wait until the last minute. The MTA is very specific about documentation. I want mines in order.

Nice post Mard!!!! Yeah, you did the right thing!!! No stumbling blocks! FIVE LONG YEARS AND HERE WE ARE!!!!!?

Ok everyone I went down to 180 Livingston this morning at 645am for medical and my 2nd drug test for the 5/19 class. Had to take a second d/t bcuz my 1st would be past the 90 day d/t window by 5/19. Typically you would knock out med and final processing the same day. But they explained this to me via phone call this past Friday. Anyway I got there at 645am today took a number at the front desk and waited until about 745 until they started calling people. Thankfully they announced that they would be taking care of medical 1st and then everyone else after. I was the 4th person in line for med. they hand you a form to fill out with basic personal info, name, ss#, list# , etc.. You also need to have your id sscard birth cert/passport and hs diploma with you. After u fill out the form they transfer you to another room where they will call your # and have you fill out two lengthy medical history questionnaires via computer. Once you're done with that they will print up your surveys and have you sign them and wait to be called by a doc by NAME. Once the doc calls you they will take you to another waiting area where you get called in for EKG, blood pressure, urine testing for sugar, vision and hearing. Once that's complete you will report back to the room where u took the medical surveys and wait for the doc to call u again. Once called the doc will take u to a room and check your breathing and heart rate again for circulation. Then the doc will basically verbally ask you questions similar to the survey. Do u smoke, drink etc.. Have u had surgery, are you taking medication.. How's your cholesterol and sugar!!!! Key question they ask because they never draw blood from you so they are looking for any indication that there may be an issue with you. Most importantly if you do have an issue please get it fixed and second and most importantly don't disqualify yourself if you know what I mean. In my case I honestly don't have any issues and I passed with flying colors thank god. After that I had to take my second d/T and now I have to wait for the last phone call to return for final processing. According to them if everything comes back clean (which it will) I will be part of the 5/19 class. So until then I'll be waiting for my call! If you have any other questions feel free to ask. List#2280-2300. According to the front desk people the last person to officially "BEGIN CLASS" is #2090. But we all know that they have set up classes for 4/28 already with people up in 2250-2270 range already. Hope this was helpful. Best of luck to all the pending/hopefuls and congrats to all the pioneers before us on this forum who already made it through. 5 LONG YEARS AND WAITING!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought a passport wasn't required???

Ok everyone I went down to 180 Livingston this morning at 645am for medical and my 2nd drug test for the 5/19 class. Had to take a second d/t bcuz my 1st would be past the 90 day d/t window by 5/19. Typically you would knock out med and final processing the same day. But they explained this to me via phone call this past Friday. Anyway I got there at 645am today took a number at the front desk and waited until about 745 until they started calling people. Thankfully they announced that they would be taking care of medical 1st and then everyone else after. I was the 4th person in line for med. they hand you a form to fill out with basic personal info, name, ss#, list# , etc.. You also need to have your id sscard birth cert/passport and hs diploma with you. After u fill out the form they transfer you to another room where they will call your # and have you fill out two lengthy medical history questionnaires via computer. Once you're done with that they will print up your surveys and have you sign them and wait to be called by a doc by NAME. Once the doc calls you they will take you to another waiting area where you get called in for EKG, blood pressure, urine testing for sugar, vision and hearing. Once that's complete you will report back to the room where u took the medical surveys and wait for the doc to call u again. Once called the doc will take u to a room and check your breathing and heart rate again for circulation. Then the doc will basically verbally ask you questions similar to the survey. Do u smoke, drink etc.. Have u had surgery, are you taking medication.. How's your cholesterol and sugar!!!! Key question they ask because they never draw blood from you so they are looking for any indication that there may be an issue with you. Most importantly if you do have an issue please get it fixed and second and most importantly don't disqualify yourself if you know what I mean. In my case I honestly don't have any issues and I passed with flying colors thank god. After that I had to take my second d/T and now I have to wait for the last phone call to return for final processing. According to them if everything comes back clean (which it will) I will be part of the 5/19 class. So until then I'll be waiting for my call! If you have any other questions feel free to ask. List#2280-2300. According to the front desk people the last person to officially "BEGIN CLASS" is #2090. But we all know that they have set up classes for 4/28 already with people up in 2250-2270 range already. Hope this was helpful. Best of luck to all the pending/hopefuls and congrats to all the pioneers before us on this forum who already made it through. 5 LONG YEARS AND WAITING!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey guys, i was lucky enough to be hired for the 4/28 class.funny thing is believe it or not i have been on the subway probably 4-5 times my whole life so it's a little intimidating going there for work. with that being said i just have a couple questions.

1. i saw someone write here that they were wearing a pair of dickies for the first weeks dress code, is that ok?

2. as far as commuting in for training,  i'm coming from deer park on the LIRR, is anyone else coming from long island? and what is the easiest way to get there, as i said i'm not a big city guy. was actually thinking of driving in every day.

3.how much stuff are we carrying home on the first couple days? is a backpack enough to accomodate?

What's your list# my923ksl?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wassup my923... I will be in that class as well and congrats.... I can answer a couple of your questions. Take the lirr to Flatbush avenue Barclays center. Then take B41, or B45 to jay street. ( unless you really feel like walking). Now the other question, yes dickies are acceptable until we receive our uniforms. ( dark blue or black). And what is your list number?
Wassup my923... I will be in that class as well and congrats.... I can answer a couple of your questions. Take the lirr to Flatbush avenue Barclays center. Then take B41, or B45 to jay street. ( unless you really feel like walking). Now the other question, yes dickies are acceptable until we receive our uniforms. ( dark blue or black). And what is your list number?
And for your last question, sorry. I'm in the dark like you. Hey maybe a senior member here can answer that one for you. Hope those answers helped.

And for your last question, sorry. I'm in the dark like you. Hey maybe a senior member here can answer that one for you. Hope those answers helped.

My mistake about the getting off of the bus, same bus you can take but you can get off on smith st, and Livingston st. But the main building is on the corner of boerum place, and Livingston st. One block west. There might be a bus stop on that corner as well. But, it's only 3 days so, you'll be fine.

Where does school car take place? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the first week (two days at Livingston, and the rest typically at PS 248)... All around the system based on various reporting locations within the division you choose (or is assigned to you).

If you are in the A Division, you will be reporting to A Division terminals and yards.

If B Division, B Division terminals and yards.

However, you will have days here and there where you report to PS 248, RCC, Coney Island Yard (fire school, and possibly also here for 3rd rail jumpers, even if you're in the A Division), etc.

So, basically...all over the place.

Edited by SubwayGuy