Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depmaze, and Natic also. Their days are coming also! Stay positive and don't get discouraged!

Thanks Brownhornet. Congratulations Axelt. Thursday can't get here soon enough for my final physical. I'm trying to stay positive. That will be three Big Kool-Aid smiles fellas. Funny thing is when I took the exam on a lark, with no expectation that one day I might have a shot....figured it would be too much competion...i guess timing is everything because I believe this list is already deeper than the last exam. At this rate they are going to get deep in the list because I think it's good till 2016. I will keep the forum posted if I get the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat.

Depmaze, and Natic also. Their days are coming also! Stay positive and don't get discouraged!

Thanks Brownhornet. Congratulations Axelt. Thursday can't get here soon enough for my final physical. I'm trying to stay positive. That will be three Big Kool-Aid smiles fellas. Funny thing is when I took the exam on a lark, with no expectation that one day I might have a shot....figured it would be too much competion...i guess timing is everything because I believe this list is already deeper than the last exam. At this rate they are going to get deep in the list because I think it's good till 2016. I will keep the forum posted if I get the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat.

Lmao!!!! Nah you WILL be there!!!! With that kool-aid smile. And yes, this list is good until 2016. PLEASE keep us posted. All you got in front of you is the medical. If all of you background is in order then no need to worry. It's just the medical. Just keep cool. I know exactly how you feel. This is your time my man!!!

Lmao!!!! Nah you WILL be there!!!! With that kool-aid smile. And yes, this list is good until 2016. PLEASE keep us posted. All you got in front of you is the medical. If all of you background is in order then no need to worry. It's just the medical. Just keep cool. I know exactly how you feel. This is your time my man!!!

:-) big smile.

:-) big smile.

That's right!!!

New to this forum. My story: took drug test Feb 26, list # between 2580-2590. Did not receive 21-page booklet since I'm already employed by the NYC and participating in NYCERS. I think 21-page booklet only for new hires.

I see that everyone who took their first drug test Feb 6 is already in the class or scheduled for it. Hopefully my day will come soon. Good luck to everyone who was called.

Please, if someone can answer: how does selection process work? There is no way all 2500 people are being hired from the list?!

New to this forum. My story: took drug test Feb 26, list # between 2580-2590. Did not receive 21-page booklet since I'm already employed by the NYC and participating in NYCERS. I think 21-page booklet only for new hires.

I see that everyone who took their first drug test Feb 6 is already in the class or scheduled for it. Hopefully my day will come soon. Good luck to everyone who was called.

Please, if someone can answer: how does selection process work? There is no way all 2500 people are being hired from the list?!

Thank you... And welcome to the club . Look the only answer that I can come up with is that people don't get hired for various reasons (ie, failed drug test, no longer interested, medical hold, failed medical all together) and from what I was told this list won't expire until 2016. Oh another thing, unfortunately not anyone of us are GUARANTEED to make it through! Harsh reality but true. So I guess this is why they are digging deep into the list. Hey.... God willing you will get your final call. Good luck to you. Keep us posted!

Thank you... And welcome to the club . Look the only answer that I can come up with is that people don't get hired for various reasons (ie, failed drug test, no longer interested, medical hold, failed medical all together) and from what I was told this list won't expire until 2016. Oh another thing, unfortunately not anyone of us are GUARANTEED to make it through! Harsh reality but true. So I guess this is why they are digging deep into the list. Hey.... God willing you will get your final call. Good luck to you. Keep us posted!

yea basically what he said ^^^    6 month + training thats no cake walk, some people fail, some people start and realize this isn't the job for them. There's alot of factors. you would be shocked how many people get eliminated off the drug test alone. (yes weed is a drug lol) Also factor in the guys that retire so thats why the list moves

yea basically what he said ^^^    6 month + training thats no cake walk, some people fail, some people start and realize this isn't the job for them. There's alot of factors. you would be shocked how many people get eliminated off the drug test alone. (yes weed is a drug lol) Also factor in the guys that retire so thats why the list moves

^Truth^^^

Thanks for your responses. For now my situation is nothing else but waiting. I call DCAS in the beginning of every month, this is the time they usually update their system. It's first Monday of every months. last month last # to be hired from the list was 1886, as of April 7th system tells me 2133.... 250 people difference :)

Hopefully more people will join this forum to keep everyone up to date. Will be posting if any changes happen to me. For now just waiting. list # 2580-2590

Thanks again, and good luck on a new job.

Thanks for your responses. For now my situation is nothing else but waiting. I call DCAS in the beginning of every month, this is the time they usually update their system. It's first Monday of every months. last month last # to be hired from the list was 1886, as of April 7th system tells me 2133.... 250 people difference :)

Hopefully more people will join this forum to keep everyone up to date. Will be posting if any changes happen to me. For now just waiting. list # 2580-2590

Thanks again, and good luck on a new job.

Thank you!!!! But from what I have read in the previous posts you should be called. I was speaking to a T/O one time and he was telling me how many people were retiring. He said don't worry, they're gonna call you. Now that's my same advice to you my brother!!!!

Put it this way folks some TOs on PROBATION had to pick jobs... How's that for a eye opener? That hasn't happened in a long time down here last file number to pick a job was in the 3800s compared to the low 3400s I believe the pick before..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Put it this way folks some TOs on PROBATION had to pick jobs... How's that for a eye opener? That hasn't happened in a long time down here last file number to pick a job was in the 3800s compared to the low 3400s I believe the pick before..Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We also have a lot TOs getting promoted to TD, ATD and TSS on top  of all the people retiring so I defenitely see them going deep in this list.  I think am defenitley going to pick next pick and I've been here a little over a year.

We also have a lot TOs getting promoted to TD, ATD and TSS on top of all the people retiring so I defenitely see them going deep in this list. I think am defenitley going to pick next pick and I've been here a little over a year.

Very interesting info, Etrain. I'm just waiting right now to be called for final process or the second drug test whatever comes first. As soon as I will get into the school - will be posting and sharing my experience.

If you can expand a little more on how the TO job is, I would appriciate it. How many hours a day? which days? is there overtime available? how is the overall working environment?

Put it this way folks some TOs on PROBATION had to pick jobs... How's that for a eye opener? That hasn't happened in a long time down here last file number to pick a job was in the 3800s compared to the low 3400s I believe the pick before.. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That can't be true. My probation ended March 25th and I'm supposed to pick tomorrow morning. My file number is 3937

Put it this way folks some TOs on PROBATION had to pick jobs... How's that for a eye opener? That hasn't happened in a long time down here last file number to pick a job was in the 3800s compared to the low 3400s I believe the pick before..

That IS an eye opener!!! A lot of vacancies to be filled. Wow

That can't be true. My probation ended March 25th and I'm supposed to pick tomorrow morning. My file number is 3937

Why would I lie? 3868 last file number I seen on weds at parsons...

Or was it 3886?

Shall I share his Facebook post?

Edited by RTOMan

Why would I lie? 3868 last file number I seen on weds at parsons... Or was it 3886? Shall I share his Facebook post? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RTO you are not off by much, I know a few guys that were 2 classes in front of me that pick over at the B yesterday and their file numbers are about that range, my classmate was off by about 15 people so yeah that number seems about right.

RTO you are not off by much, I know a few guys that were 2 classes in front of me that pick over at the B yesterday and their file numbers are about that range, my classmate was off by about 15 people so yeah that number seems about right.

I just don't know his actual file number I dropped a note to him though maybe he will post about it.. After a jacked up day on that Echo I was in get outta there mode.... There might be open Work a Train slots since you can't pick that while on probation..

I just don't know his actual file number I dropped a note to him though maybe he will post about it.. After a jacked up day on that Echo I was in get outta there mode.... There might be open Work a Train slots since you can't pick that while on probation.. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have to be on the job 2 years before they can qualify you for work trains so we still can't get that.