Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You sure did !!! How's ur first day going bro? Fill us in Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First day was cool.  Long day. Upon reporting to Livingston street we were redirected to report to Montague street.  They split the room up conductors on one side and train operators on the other.  They distrubuted the ID cards which is your Metro Card for free transportation on NYC transit busses and trains.  Not Metro North, LIRR, Express Busses, Staten Island Railway.  Although the conductor might show you love.  Very informative.  A lot of HR paperwork, defered comp, health insurance, pension.  Speakers for Security, EEO, Labor Relations, Supervisors Union.  Only about 35 minutes for lunch. 

Ok people day one is done!!! I met 933, and depmaze! Axelt!!! Where were you!? Anyway although they gave us an itinerary sheet on what, where, and when to show up. Our first day was supposed to be at 130 Livingston, but for whatever reason they sent us to do the HR, and union stuff on montague st. We watched a film on terrorism. We filled out our benefits packets they we got when we were sworn in, we filled out pension stuff, and we went over some rules and regs. No tools were given. We only took home a couple of benefits stuff. We had so many things to go over, they only gave us a short lunch.. Hey..... It is what it is!! I'm not complaining. So pretty much today was paper work/ company, and union policy. Tomorrow we go back to montague. I guess go more in depth about the union. And we didn't select divisions yet!! It is a wise idea to bring a back pack with you. Just to carry the extra HR stuff home..

You sure did !!! How's ur first day going bro? Fill us in Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkFirst day was cool. Long day. Upon reporting to Livingston street we were redirected to report to Montague street. They split the room up conductors on one side and train operators on the other. They distrubuted the ID cards which is your Metro Card for free transportation on NYC transit busses and trains. Not Metro North, LIRR, Express Busses, Staten Island Railway. Although the conductor might show you love. Very informative. A lot of HR paperwork, defered comp, health insurance, pension. Speakers for Security, EEO, Labor Relations, Supervisors Union. Only about 35 minutes for lunch.

Good point Dep!!!! I forgot to mention the stipulations on our ID cards.. @Mard!!! Ain't you glad you got your cut yesterday!? Lol

I'm fresh for my pic!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're on your way Mard!!!!!
thanks fella's!! getting surreal that this is starting tomorrow. still hasn't really hit yet. i feel as if it is just a "thing to do" tomorrow not like a new point in life. super super nervous though
Wassup 923... How was your commute back to the island today?

You sure did !!! How's ur first day going bro? Fill us in Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to mention that we had a union representive speak and he stated that the 4/28 appointees flew in under the wire to not have provisions of the new contract affect us... The people who have a 3 year stretch out to top will have 5 years. He appealed to us to vote for the contract because they are improving health, dental, and were getting raises.

Forgot to mention that we had a union representive speak and he stated that the 4/28 appointees flew in under the wire to not have provisions of the new contract affect us... The people who have a 3 year stretch out to top will have 5 years. He appealed to us to vote for the contract because they are improving health, dental, and were getting raises.

They also told us that the technology is so good that the trains will snitch on you if you make a mistake. You have to be careful and follow the road rules.

They also told us that the technology is so good that the trains will snitch on you if you make a mistake. You have to be careful and follow the road rules.

I think stretch out applies only to conductors, bus operators and other titles. Train operators dont have a stretch out and start out as a promotion pay rate.

You're on your way Mard!!!!!

Wassup 923... How was your commute back to the island today?

it was ok, of course the traffic was there, but i mapped it out using the railroad back home vs how long it took me driving back home and even with the traffic it came out to about the same time + or - 10 min (bout 1.5hr). also this is taking into consideration the walk back to my car from the building/drive from train station to my house. figure the time i save coming in early (40-50 min commute) makes up for getting screwed on the way home

Forgot to mention that we had a union representive speak and he stated that the 4/28 appointees flew in under the wire to not have provisions of the new contract affect us...  The people who have a 3 year stretch out to top will have 5 years.  He appealed to us to vote for the contract because they are improving health, dental, and were getting raises. 

and more importantly, free pass on the LIRR...............mint!!!

Hello everyone. Wow what a day?! BrownHornet, Depmaze, im sorry I didn't catch up with you guys. I was the guy sitting in the second table in the center. Give me a holler tomorrow. Ill be sitting in the same seat. Mard congrats, brownhornet was right on. He is a psychic. to everyone out there waiting on a letter or call. I cant stress this enough. Do everything to get to this point. I think BH and Depmaze will agree with me, this is a great, company, organization, group, system, what ever you want to call it. I came in tentative not knowing what to expect and after today I left knowing that this is a super great opportunity that I have been given and if I work hard and dedicate myself to this position they will compensate, support, me and my fellow employees. I am looking forward to a new day tomorrow and knowing that I am part of a system that is 46000 strong makes me feel proud.

One question, to those who started training today, Do we report back to montague street or are we going to 130 Livingston street?

One question, to those who started training today,  Do we report  back to montague street or are we going to 130 Livingston street?

the dude james said to report back to that same room on montague street 3rd floor, tomorrow we get fitted form uniforms that we will probably never see at 130 livingston

Edited by my923ksl

One question, to those who started training today,  Do we report  back to montague street or are we going to 130 Livingston street?

The big guy in the suit who pronounced "TH" "DA" said Montague I believe.  Is this correct forum?

Happy for u guys man this is unreal. Wish I could've been apart of the class with you guys. But I'm grateful for my opportunity regardless of anything. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys what does week 1 schedule look like? Start time finish time? Days off? Lunch ? Etc.. If you guys know?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone.  Wow what a day?!  BrownHornet, Depmaze, im sorry I didn't catch up with you guys.  I was the guy sitting in the second table in the center.  Give me a holler tomorrow.  Ill be sitting in the same seat.  Mard congrats, brownhornet was right on.  He is a psychic.  to everyone out there waiting on a letter or call.  I cant stress this enough.  Do everything to get to this point.  I think BH and Depmaze will agree with me, this is a great, company, organization, group, system, what ever you want to call it.  I came in tentative not knowing what to expect and after today I left knowing that this is a super great opportunity that I have been given and if I work hard and dedicate myself to this position they will compensate, support, me and my fellow employees. I am looking forward to a new day tomorrow and knowing that I am part of a system that is 46000 strong makes me feel proud.

You are definitely right Axelt!!! Great organization we just joined!!! Plus this is my childhood dream!! Can't stop saying that! Lol but ok, I you were in the middle of the second table Axelt!? Hmmm.... I'm trying to remember. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this!! Thank God!

Happy for u guys man this is unreal. Wish I could've been apart of the class with you guys. But I'm grateful for my opportunity regardless of anything. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys what does week 1 schedule look like? Start time finish time? Days off? Lunch ? Etc.. If you guys know? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mard.  Just Co-Signing on my man Brownhornets comment about a great orginization.  The vibe was so nice in the class.  You could tell that the current employees all genuinely were happy and enjoyed the job.  That vibe just reinforced that you are making the right decision.  Met a lot of cool new T/O's in my class and a lot of these folks had good jobs already or had to choose between 2 good jobs due to transit and other great organizations calling them at the same time. 

Hey guys what does week 1 schedule look like? Start time finish time? Days off? Lunch ? Etc.. If you guys know? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mard.  Just Co-Signing on my man Brownhornets comment about a great orginization.  The vibe was so nice in the class.  You could tell that the current employees all genuinely were happy and enjoyed the job.  That vibe just reinforced that you are making the right decision.  Met a lot of cool new T/O's in my class and a lot of these folks had good jobs already or had to choose between 2 good jobs due to transit and other great organizations calling them at the same time. 

^^what he said^^

Hello all. I'm on the list in the 100's range, and I turned the job down several times in the beginning. 

I'm wondering if I reconsider and want to try the job out, can I have my name re-instated be going over to DCAS? 

thanks for any replies

Tom

Hello all. I'm on the list in the 100's range, and I turned the job down several times in the beginning.

I'm wondering if I reconsider and want to try the job out, can I have my name re-instated be going over to DCAS?

thanks for any replies

Tom

I believe if you turned down the job three times, you may be out. But this is how it used to be. How many times did you turn it down? My advice, call them or go to their office directly. Address is 1 Centre St. 14 floor.

Damn!!! A little pissed, but it's a dream job!! 12 slot for B division And 30 slots for A division. 42 T/O's and 61 C/R's. B division got soaked up quick, everybody else is in the A division. Like myself. But you know what, my classmates that I've gotten to know are in the A division also. So you know what.... That would be a great experience. Cause I've met some really cool people. So hopefully when they split us, we will be in the same group!!!! This is still my dream come true. I'm still happier then a pig in shit!!!