What Destination sign make would you use on A Bus?

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

For instance ,I am a drooling mess for those White LED spectrums on A MCI but how about white LED's on A Xcelsior get it.

For KR....White LED Spectrum hanovers on A LFSA

Green Twin Visions on A Xcelsior:tup: The bright ones:)ooohh that sounds hot but let's here your choices :tup:

Any bus any make

Multi-color spectrums, TwinVisions, Hanovers and Luminator Horizons!

TwinVision's on the half of the XD40's and C40LF's!

Multi-color spectrums on the MCI's!

Hanovers on the RTS's and the other the half on the XD40's!

Horizons on the other half of the C40LF's!

Nice very nice choices and almost like mine:tup:

CS choosing Designline :tup::tup::tup:

This is a tough one here from my point of view because each transit agency has their own preferences. Not only that, but not only that, I look at it from a maintenance and warranty angle.

1. Hanover OL Amber LED - Good signs, and the best warranty in the industry. RTS, and XD

2. Luminator Horiozon/Titan/Spectrum LED - Depends on the bus and the specs but those options would be available on all buses, as they pretty much are now. Luminator has the second best warranty. I like all 3 signs equally, and have seen them on many buses, including the Spectrum, which is growing in popularity fast. The XDE40 demo that MTA tested originally had blue Spectrum signs.

3. Aesys - I like these for express buses. Namely the Prevost, and they might be hot on an RTS.

4. Twin Vision - Nice signs, but they are slightly overpriced, and the warranty sucks.

Axion - Don't like the arrangements of the LED's at all! But they are also some good signs.

Luminator Spectrums & Horizons

Hanovers that are on the XDs and the Designlines.

Don't forget the Hanover's on the RTS.

Is Multi-color spectrums a sign company (like the others listed)? Nothing about digital signs comes up on Google, at this point.

Luminator is the manufacturer, and Spectrum (Full Color) is the model.

Right, forgot about those!

Also, if possible, I'd restore Luminator Flip-dot type signs and slap them on the newer buses!!

I love the way Flip-Dot signs sound, and the way they look when changing.

Only problem with putting them on new buses is it would be a downgrade in quality. The best you can do is have LED back-lights, but the visibility is still nowhere near as good as full LED. Those things are also a maintenance nightmare if they freeze up, break down, or get jammed.

I don't know if they were mentioned; because I'm not familiar with the different names; but there's also that brilliant white LED sign (with the high resolution font) shown on an MCI demo months ago.

Also, I'd love to see the Spectrums, but they would have to upgrade the computer system to allow the additional data of colors, as they told me they couldn't handle it now.

I don't know if they were mentioned; because I'm not familiar with the different names; but there's also that brilliant white LED sign (with the high resolution font) shown on an MCI demo months ago.

Also, I'd love to see the Spectrums, but they would have to upgrade the computer system to allow the additional data of colors, as hey told me they couldn't handle it now.

That white one you are talking about is the Luminator Spectrum. It also comes in blue, green, red, and multi-color w/ amber.

That white one you are talking about is the Luminator Spectrum. It also comes in blue, green, red, and multi-color w/ amber.
OK; I figured Spectrum was the multicolor or RGB only.

By multi w/amber, do you mean the leftmost route space is RGB, while the rest of the sign is amber? I know they have those, but there are also full width RGB as well.

OK; I figured Spectrum was the multicolor or RGB only.

By multi w/amber, do you mean the leftmost route space is RGB, while the rest of the sign is amber? I know they have those, but there are also full width RGB as well.

You can get them in pretty much any configuration you want them in.

Of those used on MTA buses...the best one to me is the Axion sign, as that displays the most information of signs without the abbreviations on other signs.

As for non-MTA sign types, I would like the TwinVision multi-color one, as the sign color could be used to denote the service. Gold - local, green - express, purple - Limited, turquoise - SBS. The Limited and SBS signs would not be displayed in signs, indicated only by different color signs.

Also, I'd love to see the Spectrums, but they would have to upgrade the computer system to allow the additional data of colors, as they told me they couldn't handle it now.

Could you imagine White spectrums on A R160;) or R32 hmmmm what sign types are those on R160's R143's R32.....? No I'm not gonna open up a thread just to ask this

Archived