Ex-girlfriend hid sperm and used for in-vitro pregnancy: suit

CPBO

A Long Island man was stunned to find out that his 4-year-old twins weren’t an accidental pregnancy at all — his desperate girlfriend secretly stashed away his sperm and used it for an in-vitro procedure, he charges in a lawsuit.

Elmont resident Joseph Pressil, 36, wasn’t planning on having children with Anetria Burnett, with whom he was in a relationship for six months in 2007, he said.

So she took matters into her own hands, he told The Post, in order to remain in his Texas house and make a legal bid for half of his possessions.

“A gold digger is an understatement. She was trying to get community property and alimony. She’s ruthless,” he said.

Now, Pressil is suing Burnett in Texas for custody of their sons.

“This is more than a nightmare — it’s a horror story,” he told The Post yesterday.

Pressil, a telecommunications manager, said he hooked up with Burnett, 34, when he lived in Texas — and was a little surprised when she announced she was pregnant.

“We always used condoms,” he said. But when a DNA test proved him to be the father, Pressil said he began paying $800 a month in child support.

“At first, I doubted [the children were mine], but I figured I would wait until the twins were born,” he said. “But when the kids were born, they looked just like me.”

The real bombshell dropped last February, when Pressil got a strange receipt in the mail for sperm cryopreservation.

Confused, he called the company that had sent him the paperwork, which referred him to the Advanced Fertility Center of Texas, where a manager asked him to sign a release form.

That’s when he said he uncovered the bizarre plot.

“She was taking [the semen in condoms] after the fact and running down to the clinic with it,” said Jason Gibson, who is representing Pressil in his suit. He now has joint custody.

The fertility clinic’s manager simply assumed he and his ex were married when she got the successful in-vitro fertilization procedure that resulted in the birth of the twins, his suit says.

Pressil then said he confronted Burnett, an exotic dancer, who allegedly told him, “Oh you’re not stupid. I thought you knew.”

“Her reason for doing it was to stay in the home — because I had told her she had to leave my house when we broke up,” he said.

She even filed to have him declared her common-law husband, he said, which would have entitled her to half his property. The filing was denied.

Additional reporting by Cathy Burke

Read more: Woman secretly saved sperm from condom and got pregnant, ex claims - NYPOST.com

The thread title alone almost made me puke...stashing sperm away? Wtf is wrong with people ?!

It's actually not that uncommon. People freeze their sperm for various reasons (they think they'll become infertile or they want to donate it).

The issue is why and how she was stashing it away (sneaking away sperm from her boyfriend and using her new kids to get child support from him)

No when girls were good people and loved the gentlemen, and back in the day when gentlemen could exist without getting heartbroken.

No, that's a fairy tale kid. Mother Goose & Grim crap.

People have always been connivers, you gotta find the ones that aren't.

And please enough with the "nice guys finish last" mantra all the buffs spit on here. It is not hard to maintain the interest of women - be funny and be confident, and be halfway decent looking and that's it. If you happen to be a gentleman too, you can get just about any woman you want.

Girls are desperate for good guys - but they're sick of "nice guys" with no self esteem and nothing to talk about doting on them and trying to impress them all the time...that's not a gentleman, that's a creep. Short of the chance that you happen to be desperate for a girl, how would you feel if a girl of average looks came up to you every day and told you how beautiful you were, but never made a move, never asked you out, and just vaguely suggested you "hang out" all the time while mentioning "I like you" and "we should be Facebook friends"?

FACT: what most guys think of as "gentlemanly" is nothing short of cowardly, weak, and worst of all---BORING.

There are good girls out there...just go out there and find them instead of getting upset because you got rejected. If a girl rejects you outright she's doing you a favor...you don't even have to waste any time with her (OR MONEY!) to know she's not one for you.

Women like the one in this story are a sick subculture and they don't represent women any more than men who shoot their wives in divorce disputes when they stand to lose half represent us.

She's an "exotic dancer" for chrissake. What the hell did he expect? You don't get involved with women like that...if you have those urges and you have to pay to satisfy them, you pay for a happy ending and move on. You don't get wrapped up in some stupid fake stripper to housewife fairy tale like some noob that's never seen a woman before...you kick her out and be on your way, and you check her pockets FIRST. She's a total idiot for doing this (and that's putting it mildly), and she's not going to get what she wants, but the guy is also pathetic and a tool for doing what he did too. He's right and deserves to win the court case, but a little common sense goes a long way.

Women are smarter than a lot of dudes give them credit for.... either that, and/or there are a bunch of real dumb MF-er's out here....... Desperate times calls for desperate measures, and that's exactly why I think (more of) these women out here are tryna get babies out of dudes.... When (more) women are starting to view kids as paychecks, we have a serious problem on our hands....

That said.... IMO, 100% of the blame is not on the woman..... Us guys in general gotta stop so being naive (and for some, *expletive*-whipped)...

No when girls were good people and loved the gentlemen, and back in the day when gentlemen could exist without getting heartbroken.

man, you still on that girls are/were so sweet & innocent BS....

all the more incentive for bisexual and questioning guys to date other guys instead of girls.

Sounds like you're tryna force your sexuality onto people on the sly tip.... chill w/ that...

We aint let FG get away with that, and you're not gonna get away w/ that either....

Sounds like you're tryna force your sexuality onto people on the sly tip.... chill w/ that...

We aint let FG get away with that, and you're not gonna get away w/ that either....

relax, there's no way to convert a straight person to be gay/lesbian, you either are or you aren't. Its not like switching churches or something :(

relax, there's no way to convert a straight person to be gay/lesbian, you either are or you aren't. Its not like switching churches or something :(

again, that's besides the point....

making a broad statement talkin about this (situation) being an incentive for "bisexual and questioning" guys to date other guys instead of girls.... regardless of the fact that men don't give birth.... is absolutely no reason to come to that overly biased conclusion, regarding what this woman did with this guy's sperm...

conversion != projection

again, that's besides the point....

making a broad statement talkin about this (situation) being an incentive for "bisexual and questioning" guys to date other guys instead of girls.... regardless of the fact that men don't give birth.... is absolutely no reason to come to that overly biased conclusion, regarding what this woman did with this guy's sperm...

conversion != projection

you seem particularly bothered by a debatable advantage same sex couples have that I happen to state. Its an advantage in some ways, but in others it isn't. To me personally, not having to worry about getting your partner preg is something I see personally as an advantage.

I honestly couldn't care less who's gay and who isn't on here, and I doubt anyone's going to honestly say ok I think Ill try hooking up with another dude cuz foxie on NYC Transit forums said it was better.

Do I think every gay guy is honorable? of course not. Ive been with jerks before, I've been with people who are serious drama queens, I've also been with really great people too.

Convert?!!! Lilblue isn't trying to convert anyone with that statement he made. Come on dude, seriously? The homophobia train needs to go BIE like yesterday.

He was simply expressing himself on the subject about the advantages of being LGBT in the terms of not having to deal with the madness of some fish-laden heffa storing ones sperm for later injection.

And on a lighter side, I don't think there is anyone on here worth the effort of a "conversion," TBH! But hold up, that's right, there is...

NO SUCH THING AS A CONVERSION!

Archived