x22 Super Express coming next month

Amtrak7

Officials announce 'super express' pilot for commuters from Staten Island's South Shore | SILive.com

Councilman Vincent Ignizio, MTA Executive Director Joe Lhota and New York City Transit President Thomas F. Prendergast announced a January launch of an X22A bus line -- a cost-neutral version of the X22, which will express to midtown.

The pilot line will consist of four trips in the morning, and another four in the evening via the current x22 route from Page Avenue and Hylan Boulevard in Tottenville to the Outerbridge Park and Ride.

After the Park and Ride, the line will make just two stops on Staten Island: The "checkpoint" at Arthur Kill Road near Huguenot Avenue, and at the Showplace lot at the West Shore Expressway and Victory Boulevard.

Checkmate: looks like your idea got through!

Someone on Silive made an excellent point. The South Shore continues to get more expanded or quicker express bus service, while we on the North Shore see our express bus service reduced and face longer commutes as a result. If I attend the next meeting, I plan on pointing this out to the (MTA). There is no question that this service will greatly benefit those on the South Shore, as they do have very long commutes, but Staten Islanders as a WHOLE have some of the longest commutes in the country and we on the North Shore, particularly in the affluent parts are constantly overlooked. :mad: Hell, here of late, my commute to get home on the X30 has been well over an hour. We need relief also! :mad:

Little does the (MTA) know that many of us from West Brighton, Randall Manor and other areas on the North Shore that use the express bus have to go to the South Shore just to get quick service which is ridiculous. They should do some head counts on some of those (Mid Island and South Shore routes) like on those X2s and X15s and see where most of the ridership comes from and I can assure you that it isn't from the South Shore! :mad::mad:

We on the North Shore want our fair share and don't tell us to take the friggin' ferry when they can't provide timely local bus service! :mad: Time for me to do some more writing to the local officials. Cost neutral or not, I'm sure they can provide better express bus service to us on the North Shore as well.

Someone on Silive made an excellent point. The South Shore continues to get more expanded or quicker express bus service, while we on the North Shore see our express bus service reduced and face longer commutes as a result. If I attend the next meeting, I plan on pointing this out to the (MTA). There is no question that this service will greatly benefit those on the South Shore, as they do have very long commutes, but Staten Islanders as a WHOLE have some of the longest commutes in the country and we on the North Shore, particularly in the affluent parts are constantly overlooked. :mad: Hell, here of late, my commute to get home on the X30 has been well over an hour. We need relief also! :mad:

Little does the (MTA) know that many of us from West Brighton, Randall Manor and other areas on the North Shore that use the express bus have to go to the South Shore just to get quick service which is ridiculous. They should do some head counts on some of those (Mid Island and South Shore routes) like on those X2s and X15s and see where most of the ridership comes from and I can assure you that it isn't from the South Shore! :mad::mad:

We on the North Shore want our fair share and don't tell us to take the friggin' ferry when they can't provide timely local bus service! :mad: Time for me to do some more writing to the local officials. Cost neutral or not, I'm sure they can provide better express bus service to us on the North Shore as well.

It it uses a direct routing via holland I think it's possible. The wealthy areas being overlooked THAT IS WHY suburban bus usage is low cause the ppl have higher incomes and are severely overlooked which I admit isn't fair.

Wasn't that "somebody" you? :confused: I remember back when they originally announced the X22 being rerouted to the Outerbridge (or maybe it was some other improvement on the South Shore), you made that same comment on both here and SILive (which I've since stopped visiting completely since their reporting is like crap)

In any case, point it out and emphasize the fact that off-peak service really doesn't cost a whole lot to provide. Extending the hours to say, 19:30 instead of 18:00 shouldn't be too costly.

Either that, or the least they can go is make it easier to reach those express buses (hello S83! :()

But seriously, don't mention the S83 yet, though. I'm still trying to discuss it with the elected officials, but I don't know if I can do it until the Christmas vacation.

In any case, I wonder if the 4 X22 trips will be new trips, or they'll be converted local trips.

Little does the know that many of us from West Brighton, Randall Manor and other areas on the North Shore that use the express bus have to go to the South Shore just to get quick service which is ridiculous..

I'm inclined to believe there's truth to that.... I have long realized the amt. of people that get off the x19 & the x22 at their respective stops along Ar. Kill Rd right after comin off the west shore expwy.....

Wouldn't make sense for ppl. that live around the x22... to drive to ar kill rd to catch a bus, lessening their chances for a seat (among other things).... Now those folks are gettin a "super express" type service.... Majority of x22 ridership isn't within Tottenville....

You have a legitimate gripe here with this.

I'm inclined to believe there's truth to that.... I have long realized the amt. of people that get off the x19 & the x22 at their respective stops along Ar. Kill Rd right after comin off the west shore expwy.....

Wouldn't make sense for ppl. that live around the x22... to drive to ar kill rd to catch a bus, lessening their chances for a seat (among other things).... Now those folks are gettin a "super express" type service.... Majority of x22 ridership isn't within Tottenville....

Hell I know it's happening because I see some of the same folks that live on the North Shore that used to take the X16 and the X14... They're now taking the X12 and X2 respectively along with the X15. The X2 has had a few runs added as many of those X14 riders moved to the X2. Folks that used the X16 now drive over to the X12 and take that, including myself using car service to the X12. Then you have the folks that go down to Hylan Blvd from the North Shore to take the X1, X2, X3 and X9 and probably others as well over on Father Capodanno. I also use the X17J and I know folks from the North Shore use that too. I've had it already. It's not just the reduced service but the crummy service that we're getting on the lines with improved frequencies like the X10. I've drafted a letter to Councilwoman Rose asking her #1 what is she doing to improve express bus service for us here on the North Shore? #2 I want her to do an investigation into Castleton Depot. I want to know where the X10s are?? How do you increase frequencies on the line and the service becomes worse??? Last Saturday the X10 coming home was late and this was at 17:30. I got off of the BM3 from Sheepshead Bay last Saturday evening to connect to the X10 there at 22nd and Park. I was early for the 17:30 (a good 15 minutes early) but it was late and apparently from what I heard the previous bus was MIA or must've come early because the bus I was on was SRO at the last stop, which wouldn't have happened had the other bus came as it was scheduled. They're getting newer buses now, so breakdowns can't be used as an excuse. Either the MTA isn't sending out the drivers for the runs (which would be quite often considering how often I wait and the bus goes MIA) or the drivers just aren't making the runs. Either way something fishy is happening at Castleton and I'm determined to get the wheels moving until this issue is resolved. For years we've been writing in and complaining to the MTA, but now it is time to take this further and go to higher ups.

Wasn't that "somebody" you? :confused: I remember back when they originally announced the X22 being rerouted to the Outerbridge (or maybe it was some other improvement on the South Shore), you made that same comment on both here and SILive (which I've since stopped visiting completely since their reporting is like crap)

In any case, point it out and emphasize the fact that off-peak service really doesn't cost a whole lot to provide. Extending the hours to say, 19:30 instead of 18:00 shouldn't be too costly.

Either that, or the least they can go is make it easier to reach those express buses (hello S83! :()

But seriously, don't mention the S83 yet, though. I'm still trying to discuss it with the elected officials, but I don't know if I can do it until the Christmas vacation.

In any case, I wonder if the 4 X22 trips will be new trips, or they'll be converted local trips.

No, the person who replied tonight wasn't me, but I wouldn't be surprised if I rode with them. There are a few ladies that I ride with and used to ride with that I see from time to time (former X16 riders and current X14 riders) and we all comment about how our service is deteriorating and how something needs to be done. The problem is not enough of us are putting pressure on our elected officials. I mean Ignizio is getting the job done on the South Shore, but that's because those folks down there are on him about the express bus service. My gripe is that the only express bus improvements that Grimm has made has benefited the South Shore. Meanwhile what about the North Shore? He's another one that I'm writing to along with Diane Savino and a few others. What I'm going to start doing is calling their office if they give some canned response. I only voted for Grimm, but he is going to earn my vote.

No, the person who replied tonight wasn't me, but I wouldn't be surprised if I rode with them. There are a few ladies that I ride with and used to ride with that I see from time to time (former X16 riders and current X14 riders) and we all comment about how our service is deteriorating and how something needs to be done. The problem is not enough of us are putting pressure on our elected officials. I mean Ignizio is getting the job done on the South Shore, but that's because those folks down there are on him about the express bus service. My gripe is that the only express bus improvements that Grimm has made has benefited the South Shore. Meanwhile what about the North Shore? He's another one that I'm writing to along with Diane Savino and a few others. What I'm going to start doing is calling their office if they give some canned response. I only voted for Grimm, but he is going to earn my vote.

No, I mean a few months back when they first sent some X22s to the Park-and-Ride, you made that same comment about North Shore vs. South Shore express service.

Well just looking at the route, you can see why it wouldn't be there in Tottenville. It's clear that the line is just serving main arteries down there and folks can either drive to it or walk to it if they're close enough and most probably just drive to it, which means that they catch it a bit further up. No point of meandering about down in Tottenville even if you live there.

No, I mean a few months back when they first sent some X22s to the Park-and-Ride, you made that same comment about North Shore vs. South Shore express service.

Well it's true. The only lines that have saw a real reduction in service is the X15, but the X15 sees a lot of its ridership on the North Shore over by the stop by Targee & the service road.

If we keep pitching cost neutral ideas to them like the S83 and they keep refusing to consider the ideas, then clearly they've got certain feelings about what they should or shouldn't do for certain areas of Staten Island. One thing is clear: They think those of us on the North Shore should just use the ferry. Also they proposed select bus service for the S79 over the S53, when the S53 is the highest used line on the island?? What's up with that? Their attitude seems to be that the North Shore has "options" and when you think about it we don't because most of the options all come at the same time like on Victory Blvd. You've got a cluster of buses running together within a 10 minute span and then nothing for another 30 minutes or so. Not exactly options if you ask me. Another problem is everything is geared to run with the ferry. There is no coordination to allow folks to really travel quickly within Staten Island. That's one reason I just go to the city because it is quicker to go to the city than to go and do something on Staten Island via public transportation. Sad but true.

This is good! Now we need a pilot program of the S83 limited.

Well I wrote last night to Diane Savino, Michael Grimm and Debbie Rose. I'll be writing some more folks tonight and then I'll be following up with phone calls until I get a response back answering my questions and requests. Speaking of which, you constantly cry about more service, but you never go to any hearings or get involved with the politicians. Your S83 wish won't happen if you do nothing but wish for it. :)

Well I wrote last night to Diane Savino, Michael Grimm and Debbie Rose. I'll be writing some more folks tonight and then I'll be following up with phone calls until I get a response back answering my questions and requests.

Speaking of which, you constantly cry about more service, but you never go to any hearings or get involved with the politicians. Your S83 wish won't happen if you do nothing but wish for it. :)

Thank you for your statement as it speaks volumes! i have seen many cases where letters sent by riders that have changed a situation! Too many times, I heard many riders complaining about this or that, the compa but until a letter is written by one or more riders nothing will happen.

Again thanks

1) Well just looking at the route, you can see why it wouldn't be there in Tottenville. It's clear that the line is just serving main arteries down there and folks can either drive to it or walk to it if they're close enough and most probably just drive to it, which means that they catch it a bit further up. No point of meandering about down in Tottenville even if you live there.

2) Well it's true. The only lines that have saw a real reduction in service is the X15, but the X15 seems a lot of its ridership on the North Shore over by the stop by Targee & the service road.

If we keep pitching cost neutral ideas to them like the S83 and they keep refusing to consider the ideas, then clearly they've got certain feelings about what they should or shouldn't do for certain areas of Staten Island. One thing is clear: They think those of us on the North Shore should just use the ferry. Also they proposed select bus service for the S79 over the S53, when the S53 is the highest used line on the island?? What's up with that? Their attitude seems to be that the North Shore has "options" and when you think about it we don't because most of the options all come at the same time like on Victory Blvd. You've got a cluster of buses running together within a 10 minute span and then nothing for another 30 minutes or so. Not exactly options if you ask me. Another problem is everything is geared to run with the ferry. There is no coordination to allow folks to really travel quickly within Staten Island. That's one reason I just go to the city because it is quicker to go to the city than to go and do something on Staten Island via public transportation. Sad but true.

1) It doesn't really meander in Tottenville. It just backtracks for the last section along Hylan Blvd. For everything else, it's pretty straightforward.

I mean, if you live in Tottenville, it might pay to drive a few blocks to catch the X22, but if you go too far north, then you might not get a good seat.

2) Really? From what you've seen from the times you went to Targee Street, how full are the buses when they pull in vs. when they leave?

As far as why they wanted +SBS+ for the S79 vs. the S53, it's simple. The S79 has built-in locals (the S59 and S78), and it runs on wider streets than the S53.

Well I wrote last night to Diane Savino, Michael Grimm and Debbie Rose. I'll be writing some more folks tonight and then I'll be following up with phone calls until I get a response back answering my questions and requests. Speaking of which, you constantly cry about more service, but you never go to any hearings or get involved with the politicians. Your S83 wish won't happen if you do nothing but wish for it. :)

Let us know how it turns out. Like I said, I keep on playing phone tag and I doubt I'll be able to speak with Malliotakis until the vacation. I'll try Cusick when I have the time.

1) It doesn't really meander in Tottenville. It just backtracks for the last section along Hylan Blvd. For everything else, it's pretty straightforward.

I mean, if you live in Tottenville, it might pay to drive a few blocks to catch the X22, but if you go too far north, then you might not get a good seat.

Okay meander/backtrack... Same crappola in my book since they both create longer commutes if you're in a hurry.

2) Really? From what you've seen from the times you went to Targee Street, how full are the buses when they pull in vs. when they leave?

Well yeah. Think about it. The X16 was completely cut. The X13 was consolidated into the X14 and then they reduced service on the X14 here recently, and the X15 comes from the Transit Center and isn't as frequent as other South Shore buses, so why bother with the X15 on the South Shore with all of the other express buses down there that don't have to make stops along the expressway? For folks on the North Shore, once you get on there, you have basically 3 stops before you're on the Verrazano, which is no more than a 5 minute ride from that stop.

As far as why they wanted +SBS+ for the S79 vs. the S53, it's simple. The S79 has built-in locals (the S59 and S78), and it runs on wider streets than the S53.

It's not all that simple. Those are obvious reasons, but I personally think it's more than that and I strongly believe that politics are at play here. Every other line that was the first line to have SBS in the city (i.e. M15 and Bx12) in its respective borough had the highest ridership and yet the S53 isn't worthy of SBS service according to the (MTA)? Total BS. For some reason they're under the assumption that we have "so many" alternatives on the North Shore and all we need is bus service to the ferry, which they don't even do a good job with in terms of reliability or frequency. Outside of that we're not supposed to have transit needs on the North Shore and that's their attitude and I think it's disgusting. :mad: :tdown: I think some of it boils down to money. The folks that generally ride the local buses on the North Shore are poor and they don't have much of a say in what happens on Staten Island from a political aspect. Meanwhile it's a different story on the South Shore.

Let us know how it turns out. Like I said, I keep on playing phone tag and I doubt I'll be able to speak with Malliotakis until the vacation. I'll try Cusick when I have the time.

I most certainly will.

1) Okay meander/backtrack... Same crappola in my book since they both create longer commutes if you're in a hurry.

2) Well yeah. Think about it. The X16 was completely cut. The X13 was consolidated into the X14 and then they reduced service on the X14 here recently, and the X15 comes from the Transit Center and isn't as frequent as other South Shore buses, so why bother with the X15 on the South Shore with all of the other express buses down there that don't have to make stops along the expressway? For folks on the North Shore, once you get on there, you have basically 3 stops before you're on the Verrazano, which is no more than a 5 minute ride from that stop.

3) It's not all that simple. Those are obvious reasons, but I personally think it's more than that and I strongly believe that politics are at play here. Every other line that was the first line to have SBS in the city (i.e. M15 and Bx12) in its respective borough had the highest ridership and yet the S53 isn't worthy of SBS service according to the (MTA)? Total BS. For some reason they're under the assumption that we have "so many" alternatives on the North Shore and all we need is bus service to the ferry, which they don't even do a good job with in terms of reliability or frequency. Outside of that we're not supposed to have transit needs on the North Shore and that's their attitude and I think it's disgusting. :mad: :tdown: I think some of it boils down to money. The folks that generally ride the local buses on the North Shore are poor and they don't have much of a say in what happens on Staten Island from a political aspect. Meanwhile it's a different story on the South Shore.

4) I most certainly will.

1) No, I was only referring to the area down by Hylan Blvd. If you live by Main Street or further east along Amboy Road, the X22 is as direct as driving is (except for the fact that it uses local streets instead of the West Shore Expressway, but then again, the MTA probably realized that, and that's why they're having a few trips act as super-expresses).

2) True...

3) The B44 is supposed to have +SBS+ and it ranks third in annual ridership out of all of the Brooklyn routes. Here are the top 5 Brooklyn routes.

B46: 16,102,230

B6: 13,627,125

B44: 13,080,804

B35: 12,127,833

B41: 11,763,324

I mean, it's the same thing on a smaller scale. In Brooklyn, you're talking about routes that get over 10 million riders a year. In SI, you're talking about routes that get over 2.5 million riders a year, so either way, you're splitting hairs if you're trying to justify ridership as a reason to give a route +SBS+ first.

4) :tup:

Ok hot shot what will expres bus service look like under your control?

What improvements should be made to north shore express service tell me in detail? which routes should be enhanced and to what service level and why?

How would you modify travel paths of some lines to become faster and more direct?

via 8 this is for you answer me ok

The B44 is supposed to have +SBS+ and it ranks third in annual ridership out of all of the Brooklyn routes. Here are the top 5 Brooklyn routes.

B46: 16,102,230

B6: 13,627,125

B44: 13,080,804

B35: 12,127,833

B41: 11,763,324

I mean, it's the same thing on a smaller scale. In Brooklyn, you're talking about routes that get over 10 million riders a year. In SI, you're talking about routes that get over 2.5 million riders a year, so either way, you're splitting hairs if you're trying to justify ridership as a reason to give a route +SBS+ first.

.....and I'm within walkin distance of 4 of them :)

Every other line that was the first line to have SBS in the city (i.e. M15 and Bx12) in its respective borough had the highest ridership and yet the S53 isn't worthy of SBS service according to the ? Total BS. For some reason they're under the assumption that we have "so many" alternatives on the North Shore and all we need is bus service to the ferry, which they don't even do a good job with in terms of reliability or frequency.

lol @ how you put it all...

.....but I'm not seeing the connection between (the MTA) feelin it aint worthy to put SBS on the 53.... and having "so many" alternatives (so to speak) as to have folks taking buses to the ferry.... I get your gripe with the whole north shore vs south shore ordeal, but where does SBS play in any of that? That's what's not clear to me in your mini-rant there....

I would be counting my lucky stars if my area didn't have to be subjected to SBS....

.....and I'm within walkin distance of 4 of them :)

lol @ how you put it all...

.....but I'm not seeing the connection between (the MTA) feelin it aint worthy to put SBS on the 53.... and having "so many" alternatives (so to speak) as to have folks taking buses to the ferry.... I get your gripe with the whole north shore vs south shore ordeal, but where does SBS play in any of that? That's what's not clear to me in your mini-rant there....

I would be counting my lucky stars if my area didn't have to be subjected to SBS....

Simple. If they're going to argue that they want to speed up the S79 then what about the S53? It's terribly slow and the ride is supposed to take 34 minutes from end to end and you can easily spend 40 minutes just going from the stop near Forest & Broadway to Hylan & Clove, so when you factor in the amount of riders and how slow the route is, it would be a perfect candidate for SBS.

You sir are heavily exaggerating. To be honest,as a daily S53 rider, i don't support SBS for it. Its fast, reliable IMO, and its always on time. The only time that buses are filled to the door is during the rush hours for like 1 hour each. But the MTA is smart and throws the right amount of buses out so that the passengers that are skipped only have to wait a couple minutes for the next.

You sir are heavily exaggerating. To be honest,as a daily S53 rider, i don't support SBS for it. Its fast, reliable IMO, and its always on time. The only time that buses are filled to the door is during the rush hours for like 1 hour each. But the MTA is smart and throws the right amount of buses out so that the passengers that are skipped only have to wait a couple minutes for the next.

Oh really "Mr. Daily rider" who lives in Brooklyn?? Well I live a skip and a hop away from it (can see them down the street from the house) and have been using it for years at all times of day and night, so no I'm not exaggerating. I know what I'm talking about. Yeah they're generally reliable, but they make way too many stops and they can bunch up at times. My point is that if they're not going to make the S79 SBS then have the S53 be SBS or at least give it limited stops.

There are other folks on here that use the S53 and it's funny how they all agree with me that the S53 should have at least limited stop service. The point of putting SBS out there is that it could be federally funded, so why not give the route SBS if they're not going to use it on the S79? It would be a huge benefit for the route which continues to grow in terms of ridership and is the busiest line on the island and would cost the (MTA) next to nothing to implement.

Oh really "Mr. Daily rider" who lives in Brooklyn?? Well I live a skip and a hop away from it (can see them down the street from the house) and have been using it for years at all times of day and night, so no I'm not exaggerating. I know what I'm talking about. Yeah they're generally reliable, but they make way too many stops and they can bunch up at times. My point is that if they're not going to make the S79 SBS then have the S53 be SBS or at least give it limited stops.

There are other folks on here that use the S53 and it's funny how they all agree with me that the S53 should have at least limited stop service. The point of putting SBS out there is that it could be federally funded, so why not give the route SBS if they're not going to use it on the S79? It would be a huge benefit for the route which continues to grow in terms of ridership and is the busiest line on the island and would cost the (MTA) next to nothing to implement.

I've been living in S.I for just over a year now but thanks for pointing that out, completely forgot about that. And you can only blame the passengers for making all those stops. I'm able to make it from Broadway&Forest Ave all the way to 4th Avenue and 86th street in about 35-45 minutes in the afternoon and exactly 30 minutes back in the evening. You cant blame a bus for taking forever if that bus not only has to deal with other drivers on the street, but traffic lights, passengers requesting stops, not having their metrocard ready, wheelchairs, bringing huge bags on the bus holding things up and the occasional argument on the bus. It does not need a limited at all, maybe articulated's certain times of the day, but not a limited. It even has better frequency than the S48 because i see a 2:1 ratio most of the time. The S79 is obviously getting SBS because it connects to the Mall, that's it. If you want to show off something like SBS, you're not going to do it on a line who's route mostly run on two lane, heavily used streets. You are going to implement it on a route that mostly runs on 4-6 lane roads and runs between two shopping areas. And since the S79 doesn't run at night, you don't need a second set of buses for non-SBS service.

I've been living in S.I for just over a year now but thanks for pointing that out, completely forgot about that. And you can only blame the passengers for making all those stops. I'm able to make it from Broadway&Forest Ave all the way to 4th Avenue and 86th street in about 35-45 minutes in the afternoon and exactly 30 minutes back in the evening. You cant blame a bus for taking forever if that bus not only has to deal with other drivers on the street, but traffic lights, passengers requesting stops, not having their metrocard ready, wheelchairs, bringing huge bags on the bus holding things up and the occasional argument on the bus. It does not need a limited at all, maybe articulated's certain times of the day, but not a limited. It even has better frequency than the S48 because i see a 2:1 ratio most of the time. The S79 is obviously getting SBS because it connects to the Mall, that's it. If you want to show off something like SBS, you're not going to do it on a line who's route mostly run on two lane, heavily used streets. You are going to implement it on a route that mostly runs on 4-6 lane roads and runs between two shopping areas. And since the S79 doesn't run at night, you don't need a second set of buses for non-SBS service.

And that's exactly the point. The M34 has SBS service and guess what? It suffers from the same thing that the S53 suffers from, minus the arguments. Furthermore, it isn't so obvious that the S79 is getting anything. The neighborhoods it runs through hasn't welcomed the idea with open arms so it may be scrapped completely, which is what I heard about it recently. Even if you've lived on SI for a year, other Staten Islanders have been using the S53 far longer than you have and we think it does need a limited stop service. Since you oppose it so much, if we succeed in getting it implemented, take the S53 local when you see a S83 limited pull up. :cool:

And 35 - 45 minutes and that's during a "light part" of the day on the line?? The route is supposed to be 34-35 minutes from end to end, which again proves my point of why it needs a limited stop bus at the least. I'm sure you're well aware of the fact that many people's commutes do not end once they reach 86th street, so a 45 minute commute just to reach the (R) train is quite a bit.

The M34 is a crosstown route in manhattan, that was EXPECTED. I also don't end my commute at 86, the 53 is sandwiched between the two others I have to take. And both times I take the bus, Its crowded and both times that bus moves extremely fast since its mostly just picking up people on its way to BK and the opposite on the way back. And why do you listen to that friggin travel time thing? The only thing correct on those boxes is the schedule and the map. And the 79 will happen, they will make whatever changes needed, but it will happen.

And that's exactly the point. The M34 has SBS service and guess what? It suffers from the same thing that the S53 suffers from, minus the arguments.

The same thing? No way buddy, what you are trying to compare is a Crosstown with an Intra-Boro route. They don't suffer the "same thing" because they have different places to travel, different crowds of people and different purposes. I'm sorry but thats bullshit. By that logic, the M14A suffers the same as the S44 (which is obviously not true).

The M34 is a crosstown route in manhattan, that was EXPECTED. I also don't end my commute at 86, the 53 is sandwiched between the two others I have to take. And both times I take the bus, Its crowded and both times that bus moves extremely fast since its mostly just picking up people on its way to BK and the opposite on the way back. And why do you listen to that friggin travel time thing? The only thing correct on those boxes is the schedule and the map. And the 79 will happen, they will make whatever changes needed, but it will happen.

What travel time thing?? I'm getting my information from the schedule which you claim is correct, but yet it takes you 35-45 minutes from Broadway & Forest to 86th street when the entire route is supposed to be about 35 minutes... :)

The same thing? No way buddy, what you are trying to compare is a Crosstown with an Intra-Boro route. They don't suffer the "same thing" because they have different places to travel, different crowds of people and different purposes. I'm sorry but thats bullshit.

I was referring to the things he pointed out in his post which I didn't feel like having to re-type, hence why I put "minus the arguments", since I don't see any on the M34. To quote LTA 1992: "You can't blame a bus for taking forever if that bus not only has to deal with other drivers on the street, but traffic lights, passengers requesting stops, not having their metrocard ready, wheelchairs, bringing huge bags on the bus holding things up and the occasional argument on the bus."). Of course they're different. No question about it.

Archived