New York City Subway Route Riddles

BM5 via Woodhaven

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it's the (S) Franklin Shuttle!

If that's the answer to your riddle, Gojimet got it right.

If that's the answer to my riddle, that is absurd. Franklin Av is not an 'express' route, so it cannot run local at night, and its place certainly isn't taken by a supplementary route.

i go. i hope you can get this .

my two cousins and i can borrow each other track thru 2 boroughs. We meet in one borough and later meet again but not across the platform. my other cousin can meet me there and later i join this other cousin in an other borough. my two brother in law can use my track to reach one of his terminals. I  rarely borrow one of my brother in law unless the supervisor ask me too. i cant touch my other brother in law track..

Who is the main route?

who is all the cousin?

wha my two brother in law?

where is the platform?

my two cousins and i can borrow each other track thru 2 boroughs. We meet in one borough and later meet again but not across the platform. my other cousin can meet me there and later i join this other cousin in an other borough. my two brother in law can use my track to reach one of his terminals. I  rarely borrow one of my brother in law unless the supervisor ask me too. i cant touch my other brother in law track..

Who is the main route?

who is all the cousin?

wha my two brother in law?

where is the platform?

Who is the main route?- Q

who is all the cousin? N

wha my two brother in law? B/D

where is the platform? Atlantic Ave- Pacific Street?/Coney Island Stillwell Ave

When I see "meet again, but not across the platform", it sounds to me like Grand councourse-149, and
"rarely borrow unless the supervisor ask me to" sounds like the (2)(5) at Flatbush; though I don't have the other details straight. Two cousins plus two brothers-in-law is a total of five lines, and there are already four that start off in Brooklyn (but only the two counsins are mentioned in the beginning), and either the (1) or (6) would have to get involved. I guess, technically, either one could "use my track to reach one of his terminals", by running down the express. So the other local line cross town would be the one he "can't touch". But then it says both of these "brother in law" can use his track, and the brother in law (not the initial cousin) is the one he can borrow from

The only other thing would be on the BMT, but heading away from Stillwell. The (N) and (Q) can borrow at Astoria. One of the brothers in law would be one of the 6th Ave. lines, and they cross at 34th St.

There's also the IND at W4 St. where lines can either meet, or just pass on different platforms. I don't know who borrows like that. The (B)(D), perhaps, but I don't think the supervisors switch one like that, the way they do on (2)(5) or (N)(Q). There's also (E)(F) at 179th, but there are only a few (E)'s that go there, and I don't know how often they decide to put one in (F) service.

Who is the main route?(F)

who is all the cousin? (A)(C)(E)

wha my two brother in law? (M)(G) 

where is the platform? West 4 Street

(A) and (C) meet in jay street brrooklyn and can borrow each other track thru two borough(brooklyn and manhattan. my other cousin is (E) that can meet me there at West 4 Street. (E) meet again in Queens.  I help the (M) get to 71 Ave and (G) to church Ave. I can borrow the (G) when a strange emergency arise by supervisor. I seen this happen to the (F) before on the mta website. I cant use the (M) track because my train are too big or too long. 

I'm a route that has a cousin but never runs full time. Who am I?

Not to hate or nitpick here, but I feel like you either have to take all correct answers, or put something that makes there only be one correct answer. Otherwise riddles can be "I'm a route with a color and a letter" or, my personal favorite "What train am I thinking of?"

Ok, here we go -

I am a part time route.

I have a cousin in Brooklyn.

About 10 years ago, I received this cousin's rolling stock to operate, but in shortages I let him borrow some of my cars until the shortage can be alleviated.

I am a supplementary route, meaning I'm the first to get cut on my corridor if there is a delay.

Who am I, and who is my cousin?

Archived