New York City Subway Route Riddles

BM5 via Woodhaven

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me about it. But the (Z) makes sense to me, part time service, to Jamaica Center. BUT the (Z) was not running when the Jamaica El ran to 168th Street which was why I said the (J). Anyways I pass if you nail it with the (Z) as the answer bobtehpanda is looking for.

Tell me about it. But the (Z) makes sense to me, part time service, to Jamaica Center. BUT the (Z) was not running when the Jamaica El ran to 168th Street which was why I said the (J). Anyways I pass if you nail it with the (Z) as the answer bobtehpanda is looking for.

I changed my answer to (A). I felt the (Z) being one was pushing it even more than (A).

You mean because the Fulton El being demolished making room for the IND Fulton St Line?

Know what I'm thinking the World's Fair extension from the QBL which was dismantled for the Van Wyck Expressway then sent to Archer in 1988. I change my answer to the (E).

You go. I was about to say the same thing, the (Z) then I went for the (J) and that was my mistake. You got next.

Alright then. I'm afraid I can't really make this one as tricky as the above one, but whatever.

In recent history, construction has made a right mess of my route.

I was recolored and sent to one of the newer stations on the line as a result.

I did not run here full time however - two different routes took my place at different times in the day and on weekends.

In Brooklyn, I was turned short of a major destination for passengers.

Today, the tables have turned and now I run to that destination full time.

Who am I?

I was one of the lines that suffered due to service cuts in the 1970s.

Interestingly enough, the transit authority was not interested in making this service cut a reality - it was the politicos and residents of the area that dictated such.

Service to this particular area was restored some 10 years later - but it was underground and I had a new buddy join me.

Who am I, and who is the buddy?

• 3 years later...

Since I restarted the bus riddles, and it has been receiving some activity, let's see if the same thing will happen for the subway thread. I have added a few new rules. Here are the rules (with updates in red):

Rules (UPDATED 10/27/16):
•One post and one guess at a time
•Members have 24 hours to guess a route and if you get it right, you go (+ GRACE PERIOD, SEE BELOW)
•If no guess OR RESPONSE after 24 hours (+ GRACE PERIOD, SEE BELOW), then another riddle will be posted

NEW: THE RIDDLES DO NOT HAVE TO BE ABOUT ROUTES. THEY CAN NOW BE ABOUT ANYTHING PERTAINING TO NEW YORK CITY SUBWAY

NEW: FILL IN RIDDLES - Authors may opt to give fill-in riddles for players to fill in the blanks correctly. No more than 5 fill-ins. 

GRACE PERIOD: If the 24 hours has gone by, but the original author of the riddle has not responded to someone whether his or her choice is correct or not, then nobody can go unless the grace period is up. This grace period ends 24 hours after the last post made prior to the original 24 hours given.

If you're confused, check below:

Scenario:

Let's say somebody posts something at 7:09 AM on Day 1

People keep guessing for the correct answer. The author responds to some riddles. However, other people respond. A member responds at 6:59 AM Day 2, but the author of the riddle does not get to it before the 24 hours are up. The author has until 6:59 AM on Day 3 to respond. However, if a second member posts at 7:08 AM on Day 2, the grace period is then extended until 7:08 AM on Day 3. After that, any member can post anything they would like.

I'll start it off (this will be a route riddle):

I call all of you to the bottom of my route. No time for to sit down for the service, because I'm on a schedule. I will take you through the sufficient and the needy. Get off at my stops, observe the neighborhood, and you will learn faster about how this city is changing. You won't have to walk that much, you can believe that. I will not show you the most wealthy, because that will most likely never change. If you take me to my other end, and finish the tour, you can make your way back by using alternative means. An overground tour is also available by taking a limited-stop to a local bus. That's slow, but it also works, I guess...

Who am I?

I'll start it off (this will be a route riddle):

I call all of you to the bottom of my route. No time for to sit down for the service, because I'm on a schedule. I will take you through the sufficient and the needy. Get off at my stops, observe the neighborhood, and you will learn faster about how this city is changing. You won't have to walk that much, you can believe that. I will not show you the most wealthy, because that will most likely never change. If you take me to my other end, and finish the tour, you can make your way back by using alternative means. An overground tour is also available by taking a limited-stop to a local bus. That's slow, but it also works, I guess...

Who am I?

(G) ?

Archived