NICE Planned Service/Schedule Changes

tvega961

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It ran from 7 AM-8 PM weekdays

Also rush hour service is every 60 minutes towards Bellmore in the AM

NOT even close it cut off around 6pm ish.

It cut off early it did not run that late. It was completely useless to people living there.

N46 was a failure all it's time truly a pathetic route that never listened or even followed travel patterns of the people who reside near it.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

NOT even close it cut off around 6pm ish.

It cut off early it did not run that late. It was completely useless to people living there.

N46 was a failure all it's time truly a pathetic route that never listened or even followed travel patterns of the people who reside near it.

I think it should gone along the n51 route past Merrick/Front to get to Mineola (via OCR)

Also AM peak service to Bellmore on the combined routing is every hour instead of half hour.

I think it should gone along the n51 route past Merrick/Front to get to Mineola (via OCR)

Also AM peak service to Bellmore on the combined routing is every hour instead of half hour.

your better off not running that is why ridership is low people will never wait an hour for a bus at rush hour. If N46 was rerouted it would not need this BS of routing over N51 routing as ridership would be way up there and service would have to be enhanced due to those heading to Roosevelt field. If you want N51 to work eliminate all off-peak service enhance peak service to meet several LIRR trains from merrick for those commuting to nassau to come off LIRR to rxr and other places of employment and for ppl to access LIRR as well going to penn. Let off-peak service be run by extended N27s which will add revenue to N27 but this way you can do more with less resources. And N51 will actually get used. If you can't be frequent at rush hour you should just not bother and get axed.

Think about residents in LI and how the transit system can work for em cause currently it doesn't work. If you lived in suffolk and commuted to nassau you won't be able to use N51 since it won't meet your train and it's schedule is useless. Understand travel pattern then tie in lines to do that currently these buses are useless. N51/46/50 all are useless to those commuting. N46 here is the kicker does in fact serve some employment places along it's unique segments.

I sent email to Broadway Mall.

Name : Yuki Endo

Title : Mr.

Email :s89hblr@gmail.com

Topic : Regardding NICE Bus n50 n80 n81 Buses at the Broadway Mall

Message : To whom it may concern: I was wondering if NICE Bus officials are informing the Broadway Mall that n80 and n81 buses no longer stop outside the food court at Broadway Mall or n50 on Broadway side due to Sunday's December 30th, 2012 change. NICE NICE Bus and Nassau County DOT and Broadway Mall management need to take down n80/n81 bus stop sign and n50 sign because these buses will begin their n50 Bellmore and n80/n81 Sunrise Mall trip at Hicksville Station. Yours concerned shopper and bus rider,

And I got email from there.

Ketelsen, Trish <TKetelsen@vno.com>

2:20 PM (1 hour ago)

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me

cleardot.gif

Dear Mr. Endo:

Thank you for your email and for the information on the bus schedule change; we were not informed of the changes.

I will notify our operations team so that they can remove the signs on our property.

Thank you.

Trish Ketelsen

Marketing Director

Broadway Mall

tketelsen@vno.com

NICE Bus has never informed Broadway Mall about bus changes.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Nassau County DOT is responsible for the bus stop signs and I believe Veolia is required by law to notify the DOT to remove the signs. However, the DOT in both Nassau and NYC is usually unbelievably slow and it may take weeks before the old signs are taken down.

I would reroute the n46 differently. I would make it go on it regular route then via Newbridge Road, the AM n47 route to Hempstead up to Uniondale Avenue, then the n45 route to RF instead of the N51 route. Then it would go to Mineola

interesting N46 needs eisenhower and direct service to NCC and RF that's it. N51 should be rush hr only 20 min headways or required to meet LIRR trains with 27 providing off-peak service. N45 is useless bigwhoop. N46 will gain. N51 will gain enough to stand on its own.

Nassau County DOT is responsible for the bus stop signs and I believe Veolia is required by law to notify the DOT to remove the signs. However, the DOT in both Nassau and NYC is usually unbelievably slow and it may take weeks before the old signs are taken down.

Indeed.

There's a NYC DOT and NYS DOT. Nassau has a department of public works but no DOT.

Ok, I used the wrong phrasing, but Nassau hires a vendor to manage the bus stops and bus shelters in the county, so it is still their responsibility.

• 3 weeks later...
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="qjtransitmaster" data-cid="637498" data-time="1359244137"><p>

I also noticed that midday N48 service was restored!!!!!! N48 is no longer rush hour only.</p></blockquote>

Wait, N48 never had midday service since April 8th?

N48 from June schedule: http://www.nicebus.com/_meta/route_pdf/NICE-n48-49_MapSchedule.pdf

N48 schedule now: http://www.nicebus.com/_meta/Dec30pdfs/NICE-n48-49_Dec30Schedule.pdf

Good for you for believing the transit master.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Brett" data-cid="637876" data-time="1359326666"><p>

N48 from June schedule: <a href='http://www.nicebus.com/_meta/route_pdf/NICE-n48-49_MapSchedule.pdf'>http://www.nicebus.com/_meta/route_pdf/NICE-n48-49_MapSchedule.pdf</a><br />

<br />

N48 schedule now: <a href='http://www.nicebus.com/_meta/Dec30pdfs/NICE-n48-49_Dec30Schedule.pdf'>http://www.nicebus.com/_meta/Dec30pdfs/NICE-n48-49_Dec30Schedule.pdf</a><br />

<br />

Good for you for believing the transit master.</p></blockquote>

No, I know the schedule, but he confused me for a second there.

• 1 month later...

http://nicebus.com/Passenger_Information/March_31st_Schedule_Changes/index.html

NICE will make service adjustments on multiple routes Starting March 31st 2013. These adjustments will help improve on time performance and in many cases, offer more transfer opportunities.

PLEASE NOTE: The following schedules only take effect on March 31st, 2013

n1   n24   n48/49

n2/8   n25   n54/55

n4   n27   n57/58

n16/17   n31/32   n70/71/72

n20/L/21   n40/41   n78/79

n22/A/L/X   n43

n23   n46/47

Edited by Brett

Note that the n23 Saturday shortruns that used to leave from Roslyn to HTC at 3:43pm and 5:03pm have been moved up to 1:43pm and 3:03pm, even though s/b ridership is heavier later. With spring coming that's definately not good. Pretty much saying if you dont wanna be squashed like a sardine take the LIRR.