NICE Planned Service/Schedule Changes

tvega961

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The HOV doesn't necessarily have to be used, just find a highway or major roadway (e.g. Jericho Tpke.) and you'll have a fairly fast routing. However I am more wishing the n6X/n22X be able to use the Parkways than this n20/n80 interline via LIE -or- Jericho Tpke./Marginal Road. Between Glen Cove and Broadway.

IF so from where to where can they take off?? based on the LIE?? The hidden ability of this LIE N80 is timed with another rte to take off into other parts of queens to act like an express to other major areas in queens. When perfected some of NICE's additional changes to N27/21 will reveal their true potential.

N22x can try clearview I-295 to I-495 then roslyn rd then full routing to hicksville.

The HOV doesn't necessarily have to be used, just find a highway or major roadway (e.g. Jericho Tpke.) and you'll have a fairly fast routing. However I am more wishing the n6X/n22X be able to use the Parkways than this n20/n80 interline via LIE -or- Jericho Tpke./Marginal Road. Between Glen Cove and Broadway.

Have the 80 go down Jericho Turnpike to Willis then down hillside to Lakeville Road then up to great neck on Lakeville Thru Lake Success even with the narrow road to Great Neck. Then to flushing then Citi field during mets games.

<has seen slow moving traffic even on the HOV lanes on a friday afternoon especially on summer weekends.

The goal is to appeal to those who want speed and that plus good marketing can attract new riders to the line and even create other possibilities based on performance. It's goal is to market as speed and tied with LIRR will appeal to those who don't want to drive in that traffic. This can reduce car use High gas prices would be the perfect time to try it out.

Have the 80 go down Jericho Turnpike to Willis then down hillside to Lakeville Road then up to great neck on Lakeville Thru Lake Success even with the narrow road to Great Neck. Then to flushing then Citi field during mets games.

Marc sorry but disagree. There no need for a Mets N20/N21 special bus. People in Nassau north shore will more than likely use the Pt Washington line and 'park and ride' their cars at either Great Neck or Pt. Washington(they have done for years)and then drive home.

hmm that routing I had in mind for the N78 to save it. Plus those going to the mets will simply transfer to the LIRR at great neck anyway. Due to the crowd that will be attracted to this line they are more likely to use it for LIRR than go all the way. It is intended to get cars off the road while manipulating the N20 short turns.

Marc sorry but disagree. There no need for a Mets N20/N21 special bus. People in Nassau north shore will more than likely use the Pt Washington line and 'park and ride' their cars at either Great Neck or Pt. Washington(they have done for years)and then drive home.
agreed

can you fix my ability to give thanks?? sorry

That would defeat the purpose of my N80 in the first place

Only if Citi field took City ticket!

Well, the N20 should run til' Hicksville, then switch the signs to N80, and Vice Versa.

And N22X should use Northern State or just express it on it's current route, the Interstates won't help!

If you ever been to a Mets Game via road, this Express run would be stuck in Citi Field and in traffic. Just have people transfer to the (7), this will not work, I can assure you.

If they can't afford LIRR, n20 to the (7) simple!

BUT I-295 is very good even at rush hour and LIE has the HOV. Parkways are sad hench the LI west proposal was the hardest one I made. The parkways made planning fast routes very difficult. Other areas do not have these clearance problems so merging lines are very easy as long as the lines involved are shorter than 60 mins. Or the extension is to a major transfer point. That is the sneaky ability my plans have the ability to manipulate interlining and resources.

Ummm... You know the last stop is Jamaica - 165th St. right? The purpose of the Express would be kinda defeated with this routing. Either NSP all the way, or screw it...
clearview is at 212 street so plus GCT can be used till IDK I did gain inspiration for my NYC ideas from here Cap'n Transit Rides Again: Low bridge, everybody down!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some buses CAN USE PARKWAYS BASED ON THEIR LOW HEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT I-295 is very good even at rush hour and LIE has the HOV. Parkways are sad hench the LI west proposal was the hardest one I made. The parkways made planning fast routes very difficult. Other areas do not have these clearance problems so merging lines are very easy as long as the lines involved are shorter than 60 mins. Or the extension is to a major transfer point. That is the sneaky ability my plans have the ability to manipulate interlining and resources.

You sure you been to LI? Everyone knows the LIE is Interstate 495 and not 295?:confused:

I am starting to think all of your master plans QJ is made from reading and studying from a map i.e mapquest.

You sure you been to LI? Everyone knows the LIE is Interstate 495 and not 295?:confused:

I am starting to think all of your master plans QJ is made from reading and studying from a map i.e mapquest.

Well, he does say he lives in Brooklyn.

And N22X should use Northern State or just express it on it's current route, the Interstates won't help!

Ummm... You know the last stop is Jamaica - 165th St. right? The purpose of the Express would be kinda defeated with this routing. Either NSP all the way, or screw it...

clearview is at 212 street so plus GCT can be used till IDK I did gain inspiration for my NYC ideas from here Cap'n Transit Rides Again: Low bridge, everybody down!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some buses CAN USE PARKWAYS BASED ON THEIR LOW HEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Keystone Regional. The Clearview- LIE - Roslyn Road is not a good route, it's out of the way, the LIE goes further north as you get closer to Glen Cove Road. The HOV lanes don't start until the Nassau Border, then have to take Roslyn RD down towards the mall.

You might as well use the Northern State and Meadowbrook to the Roosevelt Field Exit. but Those highways are congested in the peak direction and would defeat the purpose of using those routes.

He said 295 and LIE. I-295 is the Clearview Expressway, he knows the highways.

But, I think a lot of his plans are from looking at the map and not actual public transit travel patterns, or taking highway traffic/congestion into account.

Edited by N6 Limited

I would bug out if nice put any Queens-Nassau route on the LIE unless if it goes to Rego Park.

The meadowbrook/NSP/GCP alignment is the best traffic light avoiding route for the n22X, as for n6x, Cross Island onto GCP.

He knows but he probably think it is okay but the reality is that alignment would suck. And sure his ideas are map based, I'd not literally say that traffic congestion can be avoided however he didn't travel enough of Nassau to plan a viable route.

If there is no traffic, the bus could get from Roosevelt Field to 179th Street in about 20 mins using the Parkway. But if you look at the routing, it adds unnecessary mileage to the buses.

The N6X should avoid the Cross Island and Grand Central, both routes go out of the way and would eliminate time savings.

Another Idea would be :

N48 Rush Hours to Planview, Middays to Jericho Quad, and evenings and

Weekends to Broadway Mall

N49 Extended to Walt Whitman Mall. It's benefital to Riders along Front St looking for a way to Northern Suffolk

N50 Rush Hours extended to Jericho Quad, middays and evenings regular service.

Yeah, they could just streamline the route and run it via Glen Cove Road. > Hillside Ave., no need to flirt with Mineola., the traffic and additional lights.

However I'd like to know how the parkway alignment on the n22X adds mileage? I'd understand on the n6X.

Glen Cove Road can be a parking lot during the holiday season.

Look at the N22 Route, and Look at the route of the Grand Central Parkway/Northern State Parkway. I guess it will be almost the same if you take the turns into account.

But generally it's best to avoid the Long Island highways during the peak periods.

[GMAPS]<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=179th+Street+station,+jamaica,+NY&daddr=Roosevelt+Field+Shopping+Center,+Old+Country+Road,+East+Garden+City,+NY&hl=en&geocode=Fd85bQIdliSa-ymdzi0RGmHCiTGXq15ktrmKKg%3BFUWcbQIdxr2c-ymx8Zk3fH3CiTG2S0l5Zavb5g&aq=&sll=40.730348,-73.660927&sspn=0.103546,0.31311&gl=us&dirflg=r&ttype=now&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=def&mra=ltm&ie=UTF8&ll=40.730348,-73.660927&spn=0.04377,0.17&t=m&start=0&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=embed&saddr=179th+Street+station,+jamaica,+NY&daddr=Roosevelt+Field+Shopping+Center,+Old+Country+Road,+East+Garden+City,+NY&hl=en&geocode=Fd85bQIdliSa-ymdzi0RGmHCiTGXq15ktrmKKg%3BFUWcbQIdxr2c-ymx8Zk3fH3CiTG2S0l5Zavb5g&aq=&sll=40.730348,-73.660927&sspn=0.103546,0.31311&gl=us&dirflg=r&ttype=now&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=def&mra=ltm&ie=UTF8&ll=40.730348,-73.660927&spn=0.04377,0.17&t=m&start=0" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>[/GMAPS]

I agree with Keystone Regional. The Clearview- LIE - Roslyn Road is not a good route, it's out of the way, the LIE goes further north as you get closer to Glen Cove Road. The HOV lanes don't start until the Nassau Border, then have to take Roslyn RD down towards the mall.

You might as well use the Northern State and Meadowbrook to the Roosevelt Field Exit. but Those highways are congested in the peak direction and would defeat the purpose of using those routes.

He said 295 and LIE. I-295 is the Clearview Expressway, he knows the highways.

But, I think a lot of his plans are from looking at the map and not actual public transit travel patterns, or taking highway traffic/congestion into account.

Aren't the clearances TOO LOW for buses to use the northern state to roosevelt field??

Well, according to Veolia, they can't...

Well, he has but he probably only ride a route once. And I am thinking that too... Mapping doesn't help much!

I would bug out if nice put any Queens-Nassau route on the LIE unless if it goes to Rego Park.

The meadowbrook/NSP/GCP alignment is the best traffic light avoiding route for the n22X, as for n6x, Cross Island onto GCP.

He knows but he probably think it is okay but the reality is that alignment would suck. And sure his ideas are map based, I'd not literally say that traffic congestion can be avoided however he didn't travel enough of Nassau to plan a viable route.

Ohh looks like you are reading my mind. My NICE plan does include a route to rego park and one other major place. But I am curious how would you route a rego park line from where to where?

Actually my plans are based on car traffic patterns and are targeted at getting cars off the road. That and fixing connection gaps and consolidating routes sometimes manipulating zone based systems. Mostly targeted at hub to hub connectivity and fixing service gaps while reducing DHs by turning em into revenue express runs. Urbanized routes aren't my strength but all my ideas are for cutting travel time. Ohh I used Lib often at one point and used the NICE and many other transit systems extensively throughout the east coast. Maps alone aren't all I use I follow where traffic flow comes from not just bus rider habits cause sometimes they alone can't find service gaps. My NYC one is based on subway gaps. Li was the most difficult one I made.

Another Idea would be :

N48 Rush Hours to Planview, Middays to Jericho Quad, and evenings and

Weekends to Broadway Mall

N49 Extended to Walt Whitman Mall. It's benefital to Riders along Front St looking for a way to Northern Suffolk

N50 Rush Hours extended to Jericho Quad, middays and evenings regular service.

N49 would only need to be rush hour only for 3 runs. One way peak opposite peak service. Then either dead head to Conklin street or Newsday.