When will TTMG be back up running

When the dumbasses stop stealing folk's hard work.

I didn't even know the site was down until I tried accessing the depot-by-depot roster and got hit with an authorization prompt, then went to the home page and saw the message. It's a new low when people start uploading material that's not their's, but that's the Internet.

Hopefully Trevor's been working with YouTube to shut down these accounts, and perhaps get the IP address of where the material was uploaded from.

I didn't know TTMG was down until I saw this.

Trevor has good point shutting down the TTMG.

Slightly little-off topic, Asian Horror Movie Forum suspended chatroom for moments b/c of same reason, but replaced on forum chatroom.

The TTMG forum is still active---but nothing else is.

As for what started it...on Facebook a few days ago, someone stole one of Trevor's photos - the one of Main and Roosevelt at night - and posted it as his own.

Just as a note, there was a note on the bottom of the TTMG mediawiki pages that "Content is available under GNU Free Documentation License 1.2.", which means that all text/images on the wiki are free for people to copy (w/ attribution of course). I don't think that was the intended result.

As for copying from the other parts of the site or copying without credit, that is infringement and I think the team took the right action by taking the site down.

Sorry...had to be done... I'll put up a nice notice on the TTMG facebook page when the site is reactivated.

Trevor, I might have suggestion because Harry and others adm/mods/forum staffs did good job seriously keeping this site safe from boneheads, targetting members.

Maybe, you could make TTMG more serious like Harry did seriously here.

I didn't even know the site was down until I tried accessing the depot-by-depot roster and got hit with an authorization prompt, then went to the home page and saw the message. It's a new low when people start uploading material that's not their's, but that's the Internet.

Hopefully Trevor's been working with YouTube to shut down these accounts, and perhaps get the IP address of where the material was uploaded from.[/QUO

SMH, Most likely those Bvestation Fools, not all of 'em just Certain people.

Trevor did the right thing. The taking of photos from TTMG without any permission and/or calling it their own when they damn well know it's not is a total disrespect to Trevor and every crew member of TTMG. As Trevor says, He will let everyone know when the site is running again.

Trevor, I might have suggestion because Harry and others adm/mods/forum staffs did good job seriously keeping this site safe from boneheads, targetting members.

Maybe, you could make TTMG more serious like Harry did seriously here.

Make the site 'more serious'? I don't think there's anyone more serious about their material than Trevor, as he's been doing this (webmaster-ing gig) for almost 15 years (at least that's when I started following the original TransiTalk group).

There's always gonna be a few dumbasses in this will break through barriers to cause havok, so that shouldn't surprise anyone. I'm sure Harry has his set of issues that's arises ocassionally for the site.

Like I said, it's the Internet.

Make the site 'more serious'? I don't think there's anyone more serious about their material than Trevor, as he's been doing this (webmaster-ing gig) for almost 15 years (at least that's when I started following the original TransiTalk group).

There's always gonna be a few dumbasses in this will break through barriers to cause havok, so that shouldn't surprise anyone. I'm sure Harry has his set of issues that's arises ocassionally for the site.

Like I said, it's the Internet.

Oops, I forgot.

I remember boneheads hijacked BART website and some kind of police's drug free site.

Hopefully Trevor's been working with YouTube to shut down these accounts, and perhaps get the IP address of where the material was uploaded from.

Doesn't really have anything to do with Youtube. I saw some of his stuff posted on Facebook with no credit. Unless of course someone has been reposting on YT. I however was not aware of any of that going on.

As far as this thread, there is no need for any futher discussion. When TTMG is back up and running, I will be one of the first to know, and the notification will be posted in the RBO Fleet & Depot thread in the Bus Forum, as well as the TTMG Facebook.

Archived