Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

I can't take a picture camera is currently broken on phone.You will have to see it for yourself tmrw

Then you have no proof that this is legit.

Listen, when a member out of nowhere says that they have a bus and that they're gonna take it for a ride, and it's out of random destinations out on long island (which most people wouldn't even be able to reach regardless). Who's gonna bust an arm and a leg to go to Riverhead.

You've changed the site and time like 3 times, and now there's supposedly another one, still inconvinient for most people to get to, if it was true. It just sounds like you know that most people are not going to show up, but you are trying to make it sound try, just because you give two locations. They're not even major locations or centralized locations.

You never even told us how you even got the bus, and if you have a license for it. Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then you have no proof that this is legit.

Listen, when a member out of nowhere says that they have a bus and that they're gonna take it for a ride, and it's out of random destinations out on long island (which most people wouldn't even be able to reach regardless). Who's gonna bust an arm and a leg to go to Riverhead.

You've changed the site and time like 3 times, and now there's supposedly another one, still inconvinient for most people to get to, if it was true. It just sounds like you know that most people are not going to show up, but you are trying to make it sound try, just because you give two locations. They're not even major locations or centralized locations.

You never even told us how you even got the bus, and if you have a license for it. Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

Heads up, Tom Meadow, BM5 speaks for a LOT of regulars frequenting this forum (in whole, not just the NICE sub-forum).  Heed the words directed your way.

I'll back up BM5's words about calling B.S. on this whole "Where's Waldo?" exercise.  All of a sudden, you don't have SOME sort of camera or even PREVIOUS pics you've taken???  Not even ones for yourself, if you're such a proud owner, that you could "show off"????  Even BEFORE this planned "tour"???  It's not as if the NICE photo album is bursting at the seams, precluding you from posting.

As the internet says, "Pics or GTFO."

Heads up, Tom Meadow, BM5 speaks for a LOT of regulars frequenting this forum (in whole, not just the NICE sub-forum). Heed the words directed your way.

I'll back up BM5's words about calling B.S. on this whole "Where's Waldo?" exercise. All of a sudden, you don't have SOME sort of camera or even PREVIOUS pics you've taken??? Not even ones for yourself, if you're such a proud owner, that you could "show off"???? Even BEFORE this planned "tour"??? It's not as if the NICE photo album is bursting at the seams, precluding you from posting.

As the internet says, "Pics or GTFO."

U threatening ME.

U threatening ME.

Don't know how you got that idea, when all you're being asked for is proof.

But your credibility is pretty much shot, at least with me, and I'm sure with others here.  That's all that's been threatened.  And nobody did that except YOU.

I want to come but I am in flushing, how can I take the N20 to east meadow for a bus ride, any transfer points? & can N20 driver call other transfer bus & say to wait a few minutes for me so I wouldn't miss the connection

I'll be at Flushiing today from 2:30pm to 4:25pm.

Ill be getting off (7).

I'll be wearing orange safety reflector vest, green clipboard, then iPhone to check bus is ontime or not.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Famous, I'm in great neck today I will try to pass by, famous you will see each n20/ n21 is running late , sometimes bus comes late the poor driver drops off by mcdonalds he/ she doesn't even get up to stretch legs & keeps going . I think n20 n21 route needs added schedule time added especially on the weekends, one new driver told me from glennwood street to flushing he gets only 13 minutes it's impossible to make.

I acquired 1528 though a internet auction bid site I am licensed cdl certified driver.I got 1528 restored in Florida at my buddys repair shop hands down awesome work on her new engine paint job and tail lights.She is used on the weekends to shuttle workers to the farmers market in Calverton.Long beach is my summer home and east meadow I happens to be in yesterday.

I acquired 1528 though a internet auction bid site I am licensed cdl certified driver.I got 1528 restored in Florida at my buddys repair shop hands down awesome work on her new engine paint job and tail lights.She is used on the weekends to shuttle workers to the farmers market in Calverton.Long beach is my summer home and east meadow I happens to be in yesterday.

How long are you going to be in Long Beach/East Meadow?

If people we're left stranded on the LIRR going the direction of out east, so a nice bus would leave all the people stranded outside? That doesn't sound so nice.

MTA LIRR and MNRR gets lots of helps from their families MTA Bus, NYCT. During major chaos near Fairfied County, SEPTA and DART buses came to help with shuttle bus for MNRR service along with CT Transit buses.

For LIRR, mainly shuttle buses are MTA, School Bus and Norwalk Express Buses that assists with shuttle bus.

Traffic was light today. I am happy they we're on time. I stayed local In queens today I took the Q28 to bay terrace shopping center & went out to dinner at Applebee's. q28 wait was 23 minutes before a bus came. Two q13 came & went while I waited :(

For NYC buses topic, you had to put here. This is mainly for NICE "n" topics.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/26457-bus-random-thoughts-thread/page-1568

I'd like to see pictures!  I can't just stop by random places or drive that far out east, although I might stop by one day because I want to take it for a spin (assuming I could drive it of course).

Why does nice bus drivers wear vests?

Company Policy obviously LOL. First Student School Bus drivers wear reflective vests. If it's a reflective vest then it's probably to make the driver more visible espcially in the early morning and late evening when the sun isn't up. 

I'd like to see pictures!  I can't just stop by random places or drive that far out east, although I might stop by one day because I want to take it for a spin (assuming I could drive it of course).

Watch out, Burrstone ... you might be a "threaten"-er ...

Although I *should* look through that poster's history before making this statement (I'm not, obviously), I'd venture this person is someone to be called ... um, what is it now? ... a "troll" in internet parlance.  Even if just judging by the last "response" put forth (i.e. "Why do birds fly" when someone asks why hi-viz vests are worn), I think I've got at least *some* solid ground to base that conclusion on.  Still going with that characterization, though.

Back on topic: If this poster is SOOOOOO "proud" of their ride, they would CERTAINLY be showing it off.  Hasn't happened, and doesn't look like it will.  So, moral of the story, don't hold your breath for anything close to what you're suggesting to come to fruition.  I mean, even a PREPAID phone isn't somehow within this poster's grasp to take pictures with?  Just sayin' .....

SO proud of the bus he had the engine rebuilt in Florida but the proud owner doesn't own one picture? Even from before his camera broke? I was planning on finding this and if it was him cool see if I could take the bus for a spin, if not tell him there's someone online online posing as the owner telling them to meet him in various places. ...When I say I want to find the bus/go to one of his meet ups it means that I would like to do but probably won't...

I saw a old Orion bus being driving around Jackson heights today around 74th street by the train station. I am posting here because it looked like a nice bus, did this nice bus go off route? Maybe he was lost. The bus said shuttle on it.

There was a driving school (forget the name and if it it is in western Nassau or Queens) who bought a NICE Bus V at auction and is using it to train students.