Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Great Neck station to Franklin Sq. Because of that, 13:32 n25 Lynbrook #1775 got overcrowded. She even didn't pickup elderly woman with a cane and walker waiting for bus.

So she's just driving the bus without picking up anyone?  How do you know she didn't pick up a lady with a cane if you weren't on the alleged bus that wasn't picking anyone up?

My real question is instead of continually complaining here why not call these things into the NICE customer service, enough complaints (and they find it to be legitimate) this driver will not be around much longer.  

Two problems though, your only real complaint is she left you at the RR, with unions, labor laws and fears of lawsuits NO COMPANY is going to discipline an employee based on a complaint based on what someone else has told them, they don't know if it is true....  Then when you they hear you say 200-300 people were left behind they think you or the person who told you are exaggerating or lying...  For anything to happen you have to be taken seriously for them to take your word and a lot of your stories have some element that raise red flags when NICE would look at the credibility of your story... 

Do you ever call NICE to complain?  'Cause I don't think supervisors are trolling NYCTF to open investigations about employee conduct...

So she's just driving the bus without picking up anyone?  How do you know she didn't pick up a lady with a cane if you weren't on the alleged bus that wasn't picking anyone up?

My real question is instead of continually complaining here why not call these things into the NICE customer service, enough complaints (and they find it to be legitimate) this driver will not be around much longer.  

Two problems though, your only real complaint is she left you at the RR, with unions, labor laws and fears of lawsuits NO COMPANY is going to discipline an employee based on a complaint based on what someone else has told them, they don't know if it is true....  Then when you they hear you say 200-300 people were left behind they think you or the person who told you are exaggerating or lying...  For anything to happen you have to be taken seriously for them to take your word and a lot of your stories have some element that raise red flags when NICE would look at the credibility of your story... 

Do you ever call NICE to complain?  'Cause I don't think supervisors are trolling NYCTF to open investigations about employee conduct...

I cannot call NICE because they hang out up on me because they couldn't understand due to my speaking disabled.

I always sent them direct email to Jack Khouz, Michael Setzer, Latoya Travels.

I meant they couldn't understand me.

I not good with phone conversation, so I always get hang up lot.

I know, I don't think it is ok at all for them to hang up on you because you they cant understand you.  Have you thought about TTY/TTD, or even having having a friend call in for you?  Here's my simple suggestion, that may help you with more than just NICE.  Have a recorded message you can play into the phone at the start of every conversation stating you have a disability and to please bare with you...It might prevent hang ups...

A single trip has about 30 passengers, which is not even close to 100.

Indeed. So 30 from the 13:02 and 30 from the 13:32 (maybe a few more, lets be supportive here) so that makes at most 70 people. 200-300 is a right out lie or very, very bad miscalculation.

I've always hated that setup at Great Neck.  It's great if you're just taking a bus to the station itself but after a month of missing buses and taking the LIRR instead I learned that it was better to cross Northern Boulevard and wait by LIJ.  It's also fun watching Orion Vs rolling backwards coming out of stops there.

I know Wikipedia isn't exactly a fact source most of the times but I stumbled upon something interesting. I thought that NICE had a closed-door policy in Queens but Wikipedia says that the n24 has "Open-door in Queens from 239th Street to the Nassau County line."

Is that true?

I know Wikipedia isn't exactly a fact source most of the times but I stumbled upon something interesting. I thought that NICE had a closed-door policy in Queens but Wikipedia says that the n24 has "Open-door in Queens from 239th Street to the Nassau County line."

Is that true?

Since Nassau County border line starts at Jamaica Av/239th St, so it's open door in Queens, but not west of 239th St except for last drop-off pick up westbound n24 bus stop.

n31/32/33 is also open door in the Far Rockaway section of Rockaways Peninsula in Queens, while n33 is closed door policy where City of Long Beach buses operate.

n2/n8 is open door on City Line-Hook Creek Blvd section.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Imagine if a NICE employee stole a company truck to steal materials from the company and was only discovered because he left the crane up pulling down power lines and poles ravishing a Nassau community.

This section would have been full of describing how evil Veolia is, another fine example of how the (MTA) is better than Veolia!  ...but I can't one post about the NYCT employee stealing a truck with the intentions to steal from the (MTA) had it not been for his royal eff up, destroying a Nassau neighborhood instead.

I wonder how long this guy and people like him have been ripping off the (MTA) and its riders by "borrowing" vehicles to steal (MTA) products right under the nose of the (MTA) ?  SMH  

The whole Veolia/(MTA) Thing is a dead horse at this point...

How on earth can you not realize you're hitting utility poles with something mounted to a vehicle you are driving?

The N2/N8 had to be detoured today as a result of the mess. It was obvious the guy was knocking the wires down intentionally. I bet he was on drugs. 

I managed to lose my phone, internet, and TV because of this crackhead but I'm surprised that CV fixed this before I came back from class.  it also explains why there are all these police cars and LIPA trucks running the length of Dutch Broadway.

Bringing it back to NICE, I was looking at  Route 106 where the N22 turns onto John Street.  That little left turn lane is way too small for all the traffic that intersection sees, but there's a left turn lane coming the other way (turning towards the end of platforms 1-3, looking to the east) to the little parking lot that brings you to Route 107.  Why is the left turn lane for John Street the length of a bus while a turning lane for a shady-looking parking lot 400 feet long?  Buses always have to force their way into the lane as is.

Edited by Joel Up Front

Yesterday's commute was a nightmare...

That n6 is absolutely horrible... I think that 12 minute headways during the day is horrible..

I get on the 11:00 Jamaica n6 out of HTC and by Westminster, we are crush loaded with no room on the bus... and we kept dropping off at every stop. And then we got to Elmont Rd (10 mins late btw) and there is literally 20 people waiting for the n6...

We were supposed to be due 179 @ 11:43 and we didn't get there until 11:57..

Going home wasn't as bad, but was really uncomfortable..

I was waiting at 169 @ 8pm and teh 8:04 comes and all the seats are gone and there are quite a few standees from 165.. so the bus is completely crushed (worse than the n6 I took to Jamaica) and it is literally like this all the way to Elmont Rd (we didn't stop until then.)

I get to HTC @ 8:50 (only 2 mins late at least) and as im waiting for the 9:00 Long Beach n15, I see 3 HTC bound n6s coming in behind around 8:57. This route bunches up worse than the MTA routes :o 

I think something should be done about the traffic and the lights on Hempstead Tpke... Idk how none of the lights coordinate (one will be red, next will be green, next will be red, I thought this was a Nassau thing in general, but I don't really see those occurrences around WH & Lakeview..) and I think midday headways should be 8 or 10 minutes, not 12.

EDIT : As I'm reading the Sept 1 schedule for the n6/n6x seems like NICE has read my mind. Middays, headways are 10 mins...

but at night.... headways are 15 mins after 7:30 (currently, it is 10 mins until 8pm, where it is 15). (weekdays ofc).