Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

You really need to learn not to shoot your mouth off, especially when you're wrong.

Does it concern you? Is it your business? No, so mind your own.

So you teach members not to shoot their mouth off by shooting your mouth off?  lol

Honest to god lighten up...  He apologized, no need to rip him a new a-hole afterward...  

Just a friendly post, let's all move along and get back on topic...   :) 

Edited by Burrstone

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again?!

Car Crashes into NICE Bus Stopped at Traffic Light

Posted by Steven Nicastro (Editor) , 

August 25, 2013 at 12:28 PM

H78NObA.jpg

The driver of a Lexus lost control of their car and smashed into the back of a Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE) bus stopped at a traffic light in Levittown Saturday at 11:32 p.m.

The driver of the car suffered minor injuries in the accident, which occurred at the intersection of Newbridge and Flamingo Road. No one on the bus was injured, according to police.

Levittown-Wantagh Volunteer Ambulance Corps and Nassau County Police responded to the accident

Edited by Burrstone

Probably some inebriated guy that shouldn't have been on the road that night to begin with.

Or someone texting...  Alcohol and speed seems to be the cause of many spectacular accidents on the Island over the past couple of years.

No matter how it happened it is time to start revoking licenses on the grounds of the person being an idiots.

Or someone texting...  Alcohol and speed seems to be the cause of many spectacular accidents on the Island over the past couple of years.

No matter how it happened it is time to start revoking licenses on the grounds of the person being an idiots.

Let's see how well that goes over. One can only hope.

No matter how it happened it is time to start revoking licenses on the grounds of the person being an idiot.

Then every bus on the island, Nassau AND Suffolk, would end up overcrowded.  I'd love to take a shot at a road test wherever these people went.  Maybe I'd get an examiner using their phone like Dan did.

Again?!

Car Crashes into NICE Bus Stopped at Traffic Light

Posted by Steven Nicastro (Editor) , 

August 25, 2013 at 12:28 PM

H78NObA.jpg

The driver of a Lexus lost control of their car and smashed into the back of a Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE) bus stopped at a traffic light in Levittown Saturday at 11:32 p.m.

The driver of the car suffered minor injuries in the accident, which occurred at the intersection of Newbridge and Flamingo Road. No one on the bus was injured, according to police.

Levittown-Wantagh Volunteer Ambulance Corps and Nassau County Police responded to the accident

Another "slander the bus for being there" story.  Typical Long Islander smashing into a bus (which shouldn't be here, according to the typical Long Islander) in a typical Long Island neighborhood.

This bus was stopped at a red light and a car slams right into...  Honest to god how does this keep happening?  Long Island has to have the worst drivers, how in the world is someone so distracted they don't see a big orange bus stopped at a light?  

Probably some inebriated guy that shouldn't have been on the road that night to begin with.

Seriously!  The only ones who would have a problem with it are the idiots...  lol

If you are doing something so wrong that your rear a stationary object you don't deserve a license, IMHO.

In full agreement.

Speaking off accident, it reminds me of this that Alex Brown's truck was completed damage because she was texting behind the wheel and truck rolled over.

526276_395813927098055_281362124_n.jpg

425864_388610224485092_531466243_n.jpg

Then every bus on the island, Nassau AND Suffolk, would end up overcrowded.  I'd love to take a shot at a road test wherever these people went.  Maybe I'd get an examiner using their phone like Dan did.

I think if their licence plate is revoke, most rich people who owns car properly use taxi to nearby train station or Hampton Jitney stop. It properly would not crowd up buses much.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Then every bus on the island, Nassau AND Suffolk, would end up overcrowded.  

Who cares if the buses are crowded that is not an excuse to keep dangerous drivers on the road, they should be on the bus where they belong.  Maybe if they cracked down, more people would lose their license, more people would have to take the bus, ridership would go up, and NICE would get more funding.

I think if their licence plate is revoke, most rich people who owns car properly use taxi to nearby train station or Hampton Jitney stop. It properly would not crowd up buses much.

The sad part is, rich or poor I think a lot of people would continue to operate their car without a license.

Something needs to be done, Long Island has to the largest amount of idiots who can't think, who speed, who don't look!  I swear it is amazing how many people people I see cut in front of me or others without looking.  I honestly don't know if they are too stupid to look or think the world revolves around them and everyone must give them the right of way so they free to pay attention to their phone and the radio....

Who cares if the buses are crowded that is not an excuse to keep dangerous drivers on the road, they should be on the bus where they belong.  Maybe if they cracked down, more people would lose their license, more people would have to take the bus, ridership would go up, and NICE would get more funding.

The sad part is, rich or poor I think a lot of people would continue to operate their car without a license.

Something needs to be done, Long Island has to the largest amount of idiots who can't think, who speed, who don't look!  I swear it is amazing how many people people I see cut in front of me or others without looking.  I honestly don't know if they are too stupid to look or think the world revolves around them and everyone must give them the right of way so they free to pay attention to their phone and the radio....

Little off-topic on NICE Bus, speaking off licence plate, when I went to Playland Amusement Park with retired museum friend, we went back to her car to get my juice and there was female driver in silver car with her front licence plate was hanging.

I heard both bus  and truck operators share same problem when distracted car drivers cut in front of big, even train operators.

I was speaking in general about distracted drivers, not necessarily about the driver who rear ended the bus.  I see a majority of distracted drivers who are texting...  Texting might be one of the most dangerous things a driver can do, especially younger drivers who are already inexperienced operating their vehicle as it is.

Anybody tried the N4 express?

I did that 17:25pm n4x Express Freeport #1824 and it was nice and smooth ride since I informed n4 riders about new express service few days ago which departed 2 minutes late at 17:27, suppose to arrived Freeport Station at 18:14, arrived 18:19, 5 minutes late.

I was planning for first 4:25pm out of Jamaica Center, but City Council Public Hearing including other building plan and Willets Point Proposal took from 10:00~15:30pm, so after quick whole food run via M9 bus, I took slow (J) train from Chambers St to Jamaica Center and got to Jamaica Center before 5:10pm n4 Local leave.

n4 riders were wondering why NICE DID NOT PUT SERVICE NOTICE TO INFORM WHERE n4X Express stop.

Edited by FamousNYLover

I didn't ride the n4x. Going home, I was gonna catch the last one, but I got to Jamaica at 6:55 and missed it...(I will try to catch it Thursday or Friday evening).

On the bright side, the n6 and n6x was nice and calm today with the new headways arraignment.

I took the 10:40am n6 out of HTC and it was SRO and I actually made it to 165th on time :o:)

going home I took the 7:18pm (last of the day) n6x out of 165 (#1659) and made it to HTC on time (7:55pm) and it was SRO. Got a nice seat in the back both times.

The operator of my n6x interlines with the n54 at HTC. He dropped us off in the n54/n55 lane and immediately changed the sign to n54 to Amityville btw.

Edited by Astoria Line

not if their cars are impounded.