Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

QTJ, n27 riders don't want to paid another fare because some folks has bus transfer and they don't want to loose free transfer.

Sometimes train crossing gates caused NICE Bus-SCT-HART bus to late.

I also think NICE Bus should need to survey NICE Bus at busy railroad crossing gates and how buses are affected.

When LIRR experience delays, NICE Bus gets delays as well.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Yuki: NICE should to this, NICE should do that. You're doing a good job but sometimes you're taking it too far (like on Twitter for example but also here sometimes). NICE isn't some sort of superhero company. Cut 'em some slack, they don't have to do everything. Why not let others handle some things? In this case with your railroad crossing idea, why not let Nassau's DOT handle that?

QTJ, n27 riders don't want to paid another fare because some folks has bus transfer and they don't want to loose free transfer.

Sometimes train crossing gates caused NICE Bus-SCT-HART bus to late.

I also think NICE Bus should need to survey NICE Bus at busy railroad crossing gates and how buses are affected.

When LIRR experience delays, NICE Bus gets delays as well.

Since when does LIRR affect transfers to buses via metrocard?

Edited by qjtransitmaster

I stopped by at Jamaica Center tonight and NICE responded to my suggestion for separate n4 riders. They put n4 local sign up by n4 (next to Lane H sign. n4X sign is at next pole.

I noticed that too. Everytime I ride the n4x, the B/Os seem to not pay attention and still pick up next to the n4 local sign

Yesterday, on my way to Long Island Bus Riders Union meeting in Mineola, I got NICE male driver on 17:00 n22 Hicksville #1659.

There was one Queens passenger got on and it got overcrowded at 179th St Subway Station. At few blocks away, man in real want to get off when he was picking up Nassau County passenger, not knowing NICE Bus is closed-door policy. I know NICE bus drivers are are not allowed to drop off passenger in Queens in eastbound direction, so I told him politely from my seat at front door, "NICE Bus is only pickup." which male bus driver thank me."

At City Line area, that regular NICE Bus riders and unhappy Queens customer got off.

It got more crowded at front, but there was middle were empty, so I said "Please move to back, please." (As I always say on City Buses as well)"

Then I had good talk with bus operator while he was focusing on the road. He was wondering why there were so much traffic on Hillside Av-Mineola Blvd and I told him maybe it was Holiday traffic. At some point of Hillside Av, this kind male driver was trying to let one of car driver who was trying to make left turn from westbound Hillside Av, but this female car driver wasn't paying attention and she wasn't moving inch.

This good driver told me new Able-Ride fits 5 passengers, 2 wheelchairs.

When bus got on Mineola Blvd, I stood up to give up my seat to Spanish male who looks like elderly, but he rudefully push past me, and all my materials fall down.

Nice and cute Spanish lady that was sitting across the me help me gather my material.

When I was trying to get off at Mineola Intermodal Transit Center at 17:47, this male driver was very kind to me, so he drop off me at traffic light at Old Country Rd at traffic light and I said, Thank you.

We had new member came for Long Island Bus Riders Union since she hate Veolia across the world.

She went to rally to support Boston Bus drivers who were on strike against Veolia Transportation, which School Buses are taken over by Veolia over there.

Veolia Transportation is also planning to privatize some of Sewage System, some union members who represent Sewage System don't want Veolia Transportation to operate it.

According to new members, Veolia made same cut to Boston school bus routes, making school bus more crowded.

Back to NICE relative, but little-off topic, did you know Nassau County Community College also has Bus Riders Union fighting for better NICE Bus service, Prof Sapile (n6 Limited might know her), and Aaron work with NCC BRU to have our NCC BRU Club on campus and well as working as Riders Alliance as well.

They saw NCC had some NICE Bus schedules from 2012.

Wait wut? If she doesn't like Veolia in Boston, how is that "hating around the world"? I guess you meant "hating across states"? Or did she really use Veolia in Europe and China too (I doubt she even used Veolia in Europe, else she probably would've had a different opinion)

Anyway, good job helping out the bus drivers once again! I really wonder why you're not applying to NICE to make it your part-time job, they could use you :)

Wait wut? If she doesn't like Veolia in Boston, how is that "hating around the world"? I guess you meant "hating across states"? Or did she really use Veolia in Europe and China too (I doubt she even used Veolia in Europe, else she probably would've had a different opinion)

Anyway, good job helping out the bus drivers once again! I really wonder why you're not applying to NICE to make it your part-time job, they could use you :)

Sorry, I meant states.

Yesterday, on my way to Long Island Bus Riders Union meeting in Mineola, I got NICE male driver on 17:00 n22 Hicksville #1659.

There was one Queens passenger got on and it got overcrowded at 179th St Subway Station. At few blocks away, man in real want to get off when he was picking up Nassau County passenger, not knowing NICE Bus is closed-door policy. I know NICE bus drivers are are not allowed to drop off passenger in Queens in eastbound direction, so I told him politely from my seat at front door, "NICE Bus is only pickup." which male bus driver thank me."

At City Line area, that regular NICE Bus riders and unhappy Queens customer got off.

It got more crowded at front, but there was middle were empty, so I said "Please move to back, please." (As I always say on City Buses as well)"

Then I had good talk with bus operator while he was focusing on the road. He was wondering why there were so much traffic on Hillside Av-Mineola Blvd and I told him maybe it was Holiday traffic. At some point of Hillside Av, this kind male driver was trying to let one of car driver who was trying to make left turn from westbound Hillside Av, but this female car driver wasn't paying attention and she wasn't moving inch.

This good driver told me new Able-Ride fits 5 passengers, 2 wheelchairs.

When bus got on Mineola Blvd, I stood up to give up my seat to Spanish male who looks like elderly, but he rudefully push past me, and all my materials fall down.

Nice and cute Spanish lady that was sitting across the me help me gather my material.

When I was trying to get off at Mineola Intermodal Transit Center at 17:47, this male driver was very kind to me, so he drop off me at traffic light at Old Country Rd at traffic light and I said, Thank you.

We had new member came for Long Island Bus Riders Union since she hate Veolia across the world.

She went to rally to support Boston Bus drivers who were on strike against Veolia Transportation, which School Buses are taken over by Veolia over there.

Veolia Transportation is also planning to privatize some of Sewage System, some union members who represent Sewage System don't want Veolia Transportation to operate it.

According to new members, Veolia made same cut to Boston school bus routes, making school bus more crowded.

Back to NICE relative, but little-off topic, did you know Nassau County Community College also has Bus Riders Union fighting for better NICE Bus service, Prof Sapile (n6 Limited might know her), and Aaron work with NCC BRU to have our NCC BRU Club on campus and well as working as Riders Alliance as well.

They saw NCC had some NICE Bus schedules from 2012.

Now you know why I won't join this Shit union get a life whinny ass bitches.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

Yeah, if they wanna vouch for something real then please come talk some sense in the company that runs in my city. My home line is currently overcrowding because so many people use it, making it the most used line of the country. And instead of adding service (like NICE at least kind of did with the n6(x)), they're now gonna cut the frequency in half (from 8tph to 4tph). Well, that's gonna be trouble. So LIBRU, if you wanna do something useful, come over here.

Anyway, is the new NICE schedule up already? (I mean the one from January) I'm interested to see what they plan to change this time, hopefully n27 to RFM on weekends? :)

Yeah, if they wanna vouch for something real then please come talk some sense in the company that runs in my city. My home line is currently overcrowding because so many people use it, making it the most used line of the country. And instead of adding service (like NICE at least kind of did with the n6(x)), they're now gonna cut the frequency in half (from 8tph to 4tph). Well, that's gonna be trouble. So LIBRU, if you wanna do something useful, come over here.

Anyway, is the new NICE schedule up already? (I mean the one from January) I'm interested to see what they plan to change this time, hopefully n27 to RFM on weekends? :)

It's not just us. NCC Student also launched their Bus Riders Union as well because NICE Bus are important for NCC students.

NCC Student Launched Twitter Campaign #NiceNeedsNICE.

How anyone read this TAC Minutes?

It looks like NICE Bus did something new for TAC.

September 17th minutes- Which list who spoke at TAC meeting.

http://www.nicebus.com/_meta/downloads/Trans_Com_9-17-13_Minutes.pdf

From June 18th minutes.

http://www.nicebus.com/_meta/downloads/Transit_Com_6_18_13_Minutes.pdf