Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

Yes, I think it would be beneficial to have some weekday service to QCC for the Q64 and the Q30.

A lot of people go to QCC or Cardozo via. the Q30 and either walk the rest of the way or take the 27.

The Q30 should go to QCC during weekdays, except for late nights and early mornings, stopping at 58th Avenue and QCC, making a loop, and going back to HHE to continue its route.

The Q64 should also have some weekday service terminating at QCC via. Springfield Blvd.

I had this idea of the 64 going to the Douglaston LIRR station via. 69th/73rd Ave., 230th St, 67th Ave, 233rd st, W. Alley Rd, and Douglastion Pkwy to cover Oakland Gardens, and serve the residents of Douglaston, but I'm not sure if that would work.

EDITED: However, I don't think the Q88 should stay the way it is if it's extended via. the Q38 route, because it would be a heck of a long route.

The Douglaston idea would make the Q64 pretty long wouldn't it? I definetly think that the Q64 should be extended through Fresh Meadows but idk about Douglaston. The thing is, I don't think that the Q88 should be extended to Middle Village, but if it was, short turns could be done at QCM or 73rd/188th, i think that would work (if it ever was to be extended to middle vill)...

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But there is no need because Q58's go there and there is not much demand for a middle village/ Rego Park route to go to Flushing directly.

I think that could be a matter similar to the (M)(V) combo. People didn't demand it, because they didn't think of it (And this area does not seem to be big on demanding more direct transit). But once implemented, it came in very handy, and drew a lot of riders, who may not have even known about the possibility before.

The 58 should really be for local Grand Av and Fresh Pond Rd. riders. People traveling from Ridgewood to Queens Blvd or Flushing should not have to ride through that long winding congested path. (Especially if they have to then change to something else, like to the malls on Queens Blvd).

I use to frequent the Q58. Youd be surprised how many people actually ride it from flushing to ridgewood. If you haven't noticed, the only really major change of the route over the years has been its relabeling from B58 to Q58. It's also one of the few routes left that not only has its history span back to its old streetcar route, but that route has almost gone practically unchanged. It has always ran from ridgewood to flushing.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?authuser=0&vps=9&hl=en&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=19&msid=204750700533050976010.0004c0e6e61c74d738c94

Notice:

Q42 Extended to Queens Village LIRR via Murdock Avenue Limited/Springfield Blvd Limited rush hours only, other times, local to Springfield Blvd

Q83 Service to QV LIRR station now rerouted over Q42 route as well as all trips terminating at Springfield Blvd only, Limited stop service now Q42 rush hours

https://maps.google....e6e61c74d738c94

Notice:

Q42 Extended to Queens Village LIRR via Murdock Avenue Limited/Springfield Blvd Limited rush hours only, other times, local to Springfield Blvd

Q83 Service to QV LIRR station now rerouted over Q42 route as well as all trips terminating at Springfield Blvd only, Limited stop service now Q42 rush hours

I don't think the Q42 should go to QV LIRR ESPECIALLY if its going along Murdock, where the already Q83 goes. Q83s are always packed during the rush hours, BUT I don't think that your Q42 would take passengers off the Q83 because it isn't direct as it goes through Addisleigh Park to serve those passengers. I don't think ppl would take the route past Addisleigh Park, tbh...

I don't think the Q42 should go to QV LIRR ESPECIALLY if its going along Murdock, where the already Q83 goes. Q83s are always packed during the rush hours, BUT I don't think that your Q42 would take passengers off the Q83 because it isn't direct as it goes through Addisleigh Park to serve those passengers. I don't think ppl would take the route past Addisleigh Park, tbh...

But the Q42 will be the limited

Notice:

I don't think that'll work.

First of all, even though the Q42 will be the limited, it's way more indirect than the Q83. People will continue to pile on the Q83 even if you somehow decided to replace the limited service with the Q42, which would be a silly idea. Even if it's supplementing it, it won't be a good idea.

The people in Addesleigh Park want their own route. In fact, I think the MTA wanted to extend it to the hospital nearby and residents opposed that.

I don't think that'll work.

First of all, even though the Q42 will be the limited, it's way more indirect than the Q83. People will continue to pile on the Q83 even if you somehow decided to replace the limited service with the Q42, which would be a silly idea. Even if it's supplementing it, it won't be a good idea.

The people in Addesleigh Park want their own route. In fact, I think the MTA wanted to extend it to the hospital nearby and residents opposed that.

I remember something like that.. They wanted to extend it to St Albans Hospital on Linden, which is a few blocks away from the terminus anyways... And even though his Q42 is limited, more ppl will pill on the 83 not only because of its directnes, but also the 83 is very frequent. During the rush, a Q83 will leave Jamaica every 3-5 minutes (although half the buses terminate at Springfield/Murdock), while the 42 leaves Jamaica every 12-15 minutes....

Edited by MTAFanBoy512

If you're going to argue, please support your argument.

How will the 38 get to Flushing?

easy the penelope branch will extend to flushing NOT eliot ave. It will no longer serve 110th and would head up via 108th to LIE then non stop via CP blvd. Ohh remember my other idea I left a hint with Q38 meet at stop 63rd dr @woodhaven. The Q38 eliot branch is best not touched and simply separated. This gives a faster ride to flushing from woodhaven blvd routes. and a faster ride from ridgewood.

A revival of the Q89: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213458373195564989412.0004c3b56de9972b01c9e&msa=0&ll=40.693102,-73.767121&spn=0.009485,0.01929

Buses will leave Jamaica every 7 minutes at rush hours, with a local & LTD leaving at around the same time. Local buses terminate at Lefferts Boulevard, while LTD buses make the full route to Pitkin Avenue. Weekends, buses operate every 15 minutes.

This proposal mainly serves to:

Better connect Ozone Park by allowing crosstown service and LTD service to Jamaica.

Connect Ozone Park to the Q10 & other routes, as well as a one seat ride to Jamaica.

Supplement service on Merrick Boulevard with another route.

A revival of the Q89: https://maps.google.....009485,0.01929

Buses will leave Jamaica every 7 minutes at rush hours, with a local & LTD leaving at around the same time. Local buses terminate at Lefferts Boulevard, while LTD buses make the full route to Pitkin Avenue. Weekends, buses operate every 15 minutes.

This proposal mainly serves to:

Better connect Ozone Park by allowing crosstown service and LTD service to Jamaica.

Connect Ozone Park to the Q10 & other routes, as well as a one seat ride to Jamaica.

Supplement service on Merrick Boulevard with another route.

That doesn't seem to be too bad, there's one small issue though. Linden between Rockaway & Van Wyck becomes rather narrow to a certain degree and folks don't want bus service along that blvd. Originally, the Q41 was supposed to go through Linden instead of 111th but folks didn't want the route to go through Linden. Centerville is extremely narrow on its own, I don't think its a good idea to send any sort of bus through Centerville. Sending it through Rockaway over to Cross Bay seems to be a better option with a higher demand.

Also, the area West of the Van Wyck does not have that much of a demand for bus service, which is why you see Q8s, Q9s and Q41s running with widened gaps in their schedules. The only real demand is the Q10, Q21, and Q53 realistically.

That doesn't seem to be too bad, there's one small issue though. Linden between Rockaway & Van Wyck becomes rather narrow to a certain degree and folks don't want bus service along that blvd. Originally, the Q41 was supposed to go through Linden instead of 111th but folks didn't want the route to go through Linden. Centerville is extremely narrow on its own, I don't think its a good idea to send any sort of bus through Centerville. Sending it through Rockaway over to Cross Bay seems to be a better option with a higher demand.

Also, the area West of the Van Wyck does not have that much of a demand for bus service, which is why you see Q8s, Q9s and Q41s running with widened gaps in their schedules. The only real demand is the Q10, Q21, and Q53 realistically.

The routing has been fixed.

As for the demand, the route does have more frequent service, so folks may be more inclined to take it.

I think that could be a matter similar to the (M)(V) combo. People didn't demand it, because they didn't think of it (And this area does not seem to be big on demanding more direct transit). But once implemented, it came in very handy, and drew a lot of riders, who may not have even known about the possibility before.

The 58 should really be for local Grand Av and Fresh Pond Rd. riders. People traveling from Ridgewood to Queens Blvd or Flushing should not have to ride through that long winding congested path. (Especially if they have to then change to something else, like to the malls on Queens Blvd).

couldnt say it better myself that's exactly why I came up with q 38 idea thats is where most of my ideas come from and how they are created. I come up with things that most people don't even think of. However when done alltogether ppl realize how convinient they can be. I admit I am NOT perfect by any means. Sometimes I do further research and travel then invalidate some theories as not all can work. no slick comments plz not in the mood for flamming

The routing has been fixed.

As for the demand, the route does have more frequent service, so folks may be more inclined to take it.

It looks better now. I'm for it. But keep in mind about what I said about Linden Blvd. What I meant by demand is by how much people would cry out for more service. Out on the Cross Bay/Rockaway end, you hit the nail on that point. The Linden Blvd part though is a hit or miss because that area often uses more of the Q10, Q37 or Q9 than anything else really. If folks wanted the Q41, they'd walk over to 111th (or 109th when it changes).

Edited by Cait Sith

Personally, if I had to come up with a way to serve Linden Blvd, I'd have the route start at Rockaway Blvd on the (A), and take Linden Blvd to the hospital. Either that, or have it go south and serve Rochdale Village (though I'd prefer that there be a connection to the routes on Merrick).

I mean, if somebody wanted to go between Rockaway Blvd and Jamaica, they could just take the Q112, and if you're going between South Ozone Park/South Jamaica and Jamaica, there are other, more direct routes (that's part of the reason why the old Q89 had low ridership). By having it serve an area other than Jamaica, you provide better service for riders in the south or east (depending on whether you have it go to Rochdale or St. Albans).

Of course, since most of those people are headed towards Jamaica, I wouldn't run it too frequently. I guess run it every 15 minutes during rush hour and 20-30 minutes off-peak, because really it's more for connectivity purposes.

Of course, since most of those people are headed towards Jamaica, I wouldn't run it too frequently. I guess run it every 15 minutes during rush hour and 20-30 minutes off-peak, because really it's more for connectivity purposes.

B/C of the LTD service, I think at least every 10 minutes, so a LTD comes every 20 & a local comes every 20. For this to work, LTD stops can only be made on Merrick Blvd... Well, the Q9 does serve as a supplement.

I'm working on a schedule that will depict PM rush from Jamaica, and off peak service.

B/C of the LTD service, I think at least every 10 minutes, so a LTD comes every 20 & a local comes every 20. For this to work, LTD stops can only be made on Merrick Blvd... Well, the Q9 does serve as a supplement.

I'm working on a schedule that will depict PM rush from Jamaica, and off peak service.

That's the problem, why do you think there aren't many LTD service routes in that area? There's not much of a demand for it!

I thought it was beacause those lines weren't slow enough. The Q40 was a quick ride from start to finish

Well there is that too, but the schedules for the routes don't warrant any kind of Limited service other than the Q10.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?authuser=0&vps=5&hl=en&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=19&msid=204750700533050976010.0004c0e6e61c74d738c94

The latest version of my proposed Queens Bus Map

Noticeable changes

Q94 bus route added to run West Farms CNG buses. Interline with Bx55 weekdays and Bx15 weekends. Bus will run Via Park Avenue Instead of Busy Webster Avenue.

The latest version of my proposed Queens Bus Map

Noticeable changes

Q94 bus route added to run West Farms CNG buses. Interline with Bx55 weekdays and Bx15 weekends. Bus will run Via Park Avenue Instead of Busy Webster Avenue.

Problems.....

West Farms CNGs and Bx55 interlines? How is that gonna work? The Bx55 runs out of KB and West Farms has no runs on the Bx55.

Also, Park Avenue to a certain degree is virtually dead.

Edited by Cait Sith

Problems.....

West Farms CNGs and Bx55 interlines? How is that gonna work? The Bx55 runs out of KB and West Farms has no runs on the Bx55.

Also, Park Avenue to a certain degree is virtually dead.

In that case, then just interline it with the Bx55 out of KB weekdays and out of West Farms weekends interlining with the Bx15. I make the Q94 run on Webster Avenue Instead Then. I'll just have to show the edited path

Edited by Q23 Central Term

In that case, then just interline it with the Bx55 out of KB weekdays and out of West Farms weekends interlining with the Bx15. I make the Q94 run on Webster Avenue Instead Then. I'll just have to show the edited path

You can just have the route use Webster the whole way, and replace the Bx41 LTD. Also, this should be a Bx route, probably a Bx43 LTD.