Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

The Q24 won't be enough. Liberty Avenue is lacking in bus service, and the Q68 is a fix.

I am aware of the intersection, and I am thinking of a solution...

There's no need for another bus route from Jamaica to Broadway Junction. The Q24, Q56, J and Z lines already goes there.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Q24 won't be enough. Liberty Avenue is lacking in bus service, and the Q68 is a fix.

I am aware of the intersection, and I am thinking of a solution

The stops on the (A) are not far from each other, that you can see them not even from the RFW . Liberty has enough service with the (A). Also, the Q112 is enough on Liberty on the opposite side. Brooklyn is fine without liberty Avenue Service. The nearest bus is like 1-2 blocks away, so I kinda saw the B12 go bye bye on that portion. Maybe the Q112 can be more frequent by 2-3 minutes rush hours and 7 minutes off peak times so that It fits. Also, Isnt the Q111/Q113 and Q110/Q112 interlined with each other, so that may be possible

Edited by Q23 Central Term

Does anyone think the Q113 Limited should be relabeled.

IMO it should. To Q114. The Q113 is Bascially different routing south of Guy R Brewer/ 147 Avenue

No. The Q113 Limited uses Rockaway Blvd to provide faster bus service to and from Far Rockaway.

Does anyone think the Q113 Limited should be relabeled.

IMO it should. To Q114. The Q113 is Bascially different routing south of Guy R Brewer/ 147 Avenue

I see where you're coming from....

But No I don't, I think its fine how it is, and although the local and LTD take a different routing south of Rockaway/Guy R Brewer Blvds, they terminate in the same place... Naming the Q113 LTD the Q114 would probably confuse riders....

Liberty doesn't need any more bus service.. The Q112 is fine enough and there is the (A) in Queens.. In Brooklyn, it doesn't need service as there is no demand for it. Remember how before the 2010 cuts the B12 served Liberty between Penn Av and Grant Av (A) station? It got cut back to Broadway Junction because there wasn't ridership coming from Liberty... Creating the Q68 would just make a long route that would carry air the whole way....

I took the Q113 limited before, and there was this rookie I think, in January, when I took the 113 for the first time, that the passengers were signaling him to make stops at local stops, so Bascially it was liking riding a Q113 Local. So I thought if the 113 LTD was to be renamed then that would give the riders the signal the 113 is local and the 114 is limited. Just an opinion

I took the Q113 limited before, and there was this rookie I think, in January, when I took the 113 for the first time, that the passengers were signaling him to make stops at local stops, so Bascially it was liking riding a Q113 Local. So I thought if the 113 LTD was to be renamed then that would give the riders the signal the 113 is local and the 114 is limited. Just an opinion

I see where you're coming from.. That's kind of weird for the passengers to do that don't you think? I mean they should know its a LTD bus :unsure: They probably weren't reading signs or looking at the bus to make sure..

I see where you're coming from.. That's kind of weird for the passengers to do that don't you think? I mean they should know its a LTD bus :unsure: They probably weren't reading signs or looking at the bus to make sure..

Nah. You see that a lot at local stops where people just stick out their hand and hope the bus stops for them. Even out on SI, where the limiteds are labeled differently, you see it. It's not a matter of confusion. It's just a matter of wanting to get on the bus sooner.

Here we go again with this every route LTD thing.

The Q112 is a very light used route most of the people travel either to the A train stations lefferts blvd or Far Rockaway bound trains or within liberty Ave. It's horrible going down Liberty because it's crowded narrow people are always double parking and the buses often have to go stop in the middle of the rode because of a fool parking at the bus stop. Now I can see the Q60 getting LTD because it's service is steadily increasing. I have a video I will post soon when I get a chance and it will show you the Q112's ridership.

Here we go again with this every route LTD thing.

The Q112 is a very light used route most of the people travel either to the A train stations lefferts blvd or Far Rockaway bound trains or within liberty Ave. It's horrible going down Liberty because it's crowded narrow people are always double parking and the buses often have to go stop in the middle of the rode because of a fool parking at the bus stop. Now I can see the Q60 getting LTD because it's service is steadily increasing. I have a video I will post soon when I get a chance and it will show you the Q112's ridership.

I've seen long lines for the Q112 and packed Q112s a few times around Jamaica Center... And the LTD may be able to help the Q60 but the traffic along Queens Blvd is a huge problem...

And I've also noticed that most of the time somebody makes a new route plan, its either a LTD or SBS... LTD and SBS aren't practical or ideal in every situation (which is why most routes DON'T have either)... I guess its a "new thing, I wanna try it" type of situation....

Edited by MTAFanBoy512

I've seen long lines for the Q112 and packed Q112s a few times around Jamaica Center... And the LTD may be able to help the Q60 but the traffic along Queens Blvd is a huge problem...

About those long lines, the majority of folks disembark before the Van Wyck with the rest getting off at 127th Street & Lefferts Blvd. It's almost empty from there to Rockaway. But when Liberty Avenue is riddled with traffic, more people get off and just walk(I do that very often these days)

Edited by Cait Sith

About those long lines, the majority of folks disembark before the Van Wyck with the rest getting off at 127th Street & Lefferts Blvd. It's almost empty from there to Rockaway. But when Liberty Avenue is riddled with traffic, more people get off and just walk(I do that very often these days)

I didn't know that :o and I didn't know how much traffic Liberty gets... It sounds like 14th Street (a lot of traffic) in a way... I used to walk from Union Square to 1st Avenue to board the M14D as there is a lot of traffic between 1st Avenue and Union Square and walking often was quicker than the bus in that stretch... (There is always a large crowd boarding at Union Square as well, making the bus take even longer...)

Liberty along the Q112 (especially around the Lefferts Blvd station) is a PITA; and it's not just cars double parking either - it be full fledged minivans & delivery trucks impeding traffic, no matter what time of the day it is....... IMO, there should only be ONE bus route serving that portion of Liberty.....

...and whenever I see some SBS or LTD plan, immediately I assume it's some long a** route b/w two points where a route really need not be traveling to/from in the first place..... because it usually is..... "Oh, lemme just dub it LTD so people won't say it's a long route".... It's all smoke & mirrors when you see the crap for what it is really.....

Edited by B35 via Church

...and whenever I see some SBS or LTD plan, immediately I assume it's some long a** route b/w two points where a route really need not be traveling to/from in the first place..... because it usually is..... "Oh, lemme just dub it LTD so people won't say it's a long route".... It's all smoke & mirrors when you see the crap for what it is really.....

And when there is a plan like that, the made-up route runs along other routes or it runs on streets that don't have bus service with the intent of coverage and/or giving that particular street service when it doesn't even need it in the first place...

Thanks and sometimes the bus does only have standing room but people get off so people never stand on that line. There has only been two times I seen the Q112 very crowded. Yesterday was the first time I saw the Q112 bunch up.

• 2 weeks later...

I would still cut the Q38 In 3 pieces

The section from Elmhurst to Corona would be run by either the Q11/21 or the Q52. The section from Elmhurst to Middle Village would be replaced by the Q88, and the section from Middle Village to Forest Hills with the Q67. I was talking to a female representative, and she said go online and do it.

I would still cut the Q38 In 3 pieces

The section from Elmhurst to Corona would be run by either the Q11/21 or the Q52.

The section from Elmhurst to Middle Village would be replaced by the Q88, and the section from Middle Village to Forest Hills with the Q67. I was talking to a female representative, and she said go online and do it.

...and you would have thousands of current Q11/21 riders pissed (or as Cait Sith would say, hurling pitchforks) at you....

You can continue to remain stubborn about extending 11's/21's or 52's north of hoffman if you like....

All I have to say about that is, you are not being realistic with that part of it all......

...and you would have thousands of current Q11/21 riders pissed (or as Cait Sith would say, hurling pitchforks) at you....

You can continue to remain stubborn about extending 11's/21's or 52's north of hoffman if you like....

All I have to say about that is, you are not being realistic with that part of it all......

Well I guess if it cant become part of a route then I guess that part of the route will retain the Q38 Routing