Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

I remember back in 2010 I thought the MTA was going to cut Q20B, Q21 Q26, Q34, Q42, Q56 only Brooklyn to woodhaven portion remain. Q67 Rush hour only and Saturday and Sunday service cut. Q74 rush hour only

Q75 Rush hour only Q79 Rush hour only and Saturday service remaining.

Q89 no riders what so ever

Q103 Elimiated

Q104 service reduce

Q111 loses it Cedahurst service.

QM1 QM3 QM22 and 23 eliminate

The reason I thought the Q20B the Q34 and Q21 was going to be cut was because they just feed off of other routes and when the split from their the main route they had low ridership. If you ever been on the Q20B or Q34 after Main Street people bearly get on or switch routes. At most on the Q34 after main street I must of seen only 5-6 ppl and now they are adding service to Whitestone but not to Jamaica. The Q25 needs to be alone have headways 4-6 minutes and a LTD every 8 minutes because with the Q34 the line gets so backed up

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't be serious Q17 is CROWDED AND SLOW next. Try again with a logical statement please. Again FAST connection to flushing NOT SLOW. Fast buses take cars off the road slow buses piss ppl off.

your kidding think about that statement you just made that is basically killing the Q26 if you do that just add more Q27s and kill Q26. A bus route has a number to Identify it's routing if a bus route does the same thing as another bus route why does it have a different number? Each route has it's own identity What is the point of calling Q26 Q26 if all it does is copy the Q27 to QCC why even bother having the Q26 designation? It's like having the Q1 run the same route as Q36 the whole way and saying it's number is different that is pointless. A bus that completely duplicates another is useless except local/LTD pairings but that isn't the case here. You know how MTA deals with duplicates that would make cutting Q26 super easy cause they will say IT DUPLICATES Q27!!!!

He's saying the route on Parsons Blvd is faster than the route on Kissena Blvd (at least I think that's what he's saying), so it would just serve to help out the Q27. You either add service to the Q27 or you could reroute the Q26 (maybe rename it Q27A) to do the same thing.

But if it's faster along Parsons Blvd, then why bother running them along Kissena then?

He's saying the route on Parsons Blvd is faster than the route on Kissena Blvd (at least I think that's what he's saying), so it would just serve to help out the Q27. You either add service to the Q27 or you could reroute the Q26 (maybe rename it Q27A) to do the same thing.

But if it's faster along Parsons Blvd, then why bother running them along Kissena then?

Yeah the Q27A was my idea if they did it to the Q15 I'm sure it can work for the Q27. It will travel the same way as the Q27 and All I would have it do is run down hollis court blvd and then on the Horace Harding Expressway to Springfield blvd and then just run it to Cambria heights like the Q27.

I got two new proposals for the Q38 and Q64

Q38:

Split

Q88 takes on Eliot Avenue Portion From Middle Village (M) Train Station to QCM

Q67 takes over Q38 route to Forest Hills From Eliot Avenue to Forest Hills. This Creates a route from LIC to Forest Hills. Current Q67 will not be affected north of Eliot Avenue. However between Eliot Avenue and Juniper Valley Road, service will be discontinued

Q67 operates every other bus the full route weekends. Most buses will operate between Middle Village and Forest Hills, every 30 minutes. Service to LIC remains 60 minutes weekends. Current Q38 riders using the 38 from one side to another, transfer at Middle Village

Q64:

Extended to Oakland Gardens

For more of my proposals, please click the link below

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204750700533050976010.0004c0e6e61c74d738c94&authuser=0&msa=19&vps=2&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Q38:

Split

Q67 takes over Q38 route to Forest Hills From Eliot Avenue to Forest Hills. This Creates a route from LIC to Forest Hills. Current Q67 will not be affected north of Eliot Avenue. However between Eliot Avenue and Juniper Valley Road, service will be discontinued

Q67 operates every other bus the full route weekends. Most buses will operate between Middle Village and Forest Hills, every 30 minutes. Service to LIC remains 60 minutes weekends. Current Q38 riders using the 38 from one side to another, transfer at Middle Village

Q64:

https://maps.google....2&hl=en&ie=UTF8

I would have the Eliot half of the Q38 go to Ridgewood, and have the Q67 take over the Penelope half...

your kidding think about that statement you just made that is basically killing the Q26 if you do that just add more Q27s and kill Q26.

A bus route has a number to Identify it's routing if a bus route does the same thing as another bus route why does it have a different number? Each route has it's own identity What is the point of calling Q26 Q26 if all it does is copy the Q27 to QCC why even bother having the Q26 designation?

It's like having the Q1 run the same route as Q36 the whole way and saying it's number is different that is pointless. A bus that completely duplicates another is useless except local/LTD pairings but that isn't the case here. You know how MTA deals with duplicates that would make cutting Q26 super easy cause they will say IT DUPLICATES Q27!!!!

So you must abhor the Bx40/42 huh.....

Anyway, the 26 wouldn't completely duplicate it (which KILLS your whole "identity" argument).....

The point is, it takes a different route to Flushing - It takes riders to/from Flushing quicker....

If you don't think that matters to riders, then I don't know what to tell you....

Someone that gets it.

I would have the Eliot half of the Q38 go to Ridgewood, and have the Q67 take over the Penelope half...

The thing is I wouldn't want to make the 88 too lengthy

OK, another proposal:

Weekdays only!

Q54 Limited. Stops only at major transfer points, doesn't serve Atlas Park Mall.

I've also thought about it, but because of heavy traffic in that area, the limited will just be a local bus making few stops at the same mph the local goes.

Q38:

Split

Q64:

https://maps.google....2&hl=en&ie=UTF8

The only thing I would do for your Q88 is to change its western portion. Instead of terminating at the Metro Av (M) station, it would end at Fresh Pond Rd/Metro Av (current Q67 terminus).

Route: Eliot Av, 69th St, Metropolitan Av, Eliot Av, Fresh Pond Rd

OK, another proposal:

Weekdays only!

Q54 Limited. Stops only at major transfer points, doesn't serve Atlas Park Mall.

That idea has been shot down here plenty of times, there's not enough demand for LTD service. Plus Metropolitan Avenue in some cases becomes quite narrow and makes it difficult for buses to pass through. Let's not forget about the high traffic volume as well.

The 88 would takeover Eliot Avenue's Q38 portion. So, as I was saying, 69 street Below Eliot doesn't need service at all, except rush hours. Maybe reroute some 88s unto 69 street, alternate, so a bus seces 69 every 7 minutes, so does one along fresh pond. The (M) station is a better place than fresh pond because of its geography around it. The 88 would serve a train station, which is a critical link to Brooklyn and Manhattan. I have to deal with a thing called the Q38, and it's getting better, but the headways aren't enough. That's why, on weekends, the heavier used sections gets 15-20 minute headways, while the least used portion is used 30 minutes flat out throughout the weekend.

The 88 would takeover Eliot Avenue's Q38 portion. So, as I was saying, 69 street Below Eliot doesn't need service at all, except rush hours. Maybe reroute some 88s unto 69 street, alternate, so a bus seces 69 every 7 minutes, so does one along fresh pond. The (M) station is a better place than fresh pond because of its geography around it. The 88 would serve a train station, which is a critical link to Brooklyn and Manhattan. I have to deal with a thing called the Q38, and it's getting better, but the headways aren't enough. That's why, on weekends, the heavier used sections gets 15-20 minute headways, while the least used portion is used 30 minutes flat out throughout the weekend.

Even though Metro Av (M) station might be a good place to terminate the Q88, having it terminate at Fresh Pond would allow for a quicker ride from Eliot Av to the (M) train.

Here is a map of my replacements for the B24 & Q38, both of which would be cut. The Q38 replacement includes parts of Q23 Central Term's Q88 extension.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213458373195564989412.0004c297a44ff1c96086f&msa=0&ll=40.72547,-73.890524&spn=0.037662,0.077162

Edited by ThrexxBus

Here is a map of my replacements for the B24 & Q38, both of which would be cut. The Q38 replacement includes parts of Q23 Central Term's Q88 extension.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213458373195564989412.0004c297a44ff1c96086f&msa=0&ll=40.72547,-73.890524&spn=0.037662,0.077162

Several things to Point out:

I agree making the Greenpoint Avenue Segment like that. If that's the case with the Southern portion, might as well extend the B13 again, and possibly reroute it to serve Sunnyside

From the times I rode the 24, I've seen a reasonable amount of people taking it past

Sunnyside, so you might want to offer people I transfer from the northern to Southern portion, and vice-versa.

For the 38,

The (M) train station IMO still is the best option for riders, however if the 67 were to be combined with the 38, it would have to go still to the station. If anyone wants to see my Q38 proposals, they are in my queens bus proposals map, which I put a link to it. You'll have to find the links, because I'm writing from a mobile phone.

Edited by Q23 Central Term

Why give Liberty Avenue limited stop service when you could just give the Q24 a limited variant?

Or the Q112. The thing is that the junction at Woodhaven will mess this service up. The lights take forever in that side for anyone to Cross Woodhaven. Besides, Liberty Avenue is one way from Woodhaven to the following street and a car can't physically cross from one side of liberty to the other at Woodhaven Blvd anymore. I think the 24 / 112 should get it. However I am not saying to extend anything here.

So you must abhor the Bx40/42 huh.....

Anyway, the 26 wouldn't completely duplicate it (which KILLS your whole "identity" argument).....

The point is, it takes a different route to Flushing - It takes riders to/from Flushing quicker....

If you don't think that matters to riders, then I don't know what to tell you....

Someone that gets it.

Or he might've hated it when it was Bxm4A/B ( not trying to get to another story). The Q26 would remain under his plan, just the Hollis Ct part would be discontinued.

My Q68 LTD idea, to serve Liberty Avenue.

https://maps.google....025629,0.038581

A classic case of not knowing the area (Liberty Avenue between 101st & Sutphin). Streets become way too narrow, the area is often filled with traffic, limited service is unnecessary since folks in the area just take the Q112 or the Q10 to the Q8 or other connections and most importantly, that stretch does not need a 2nd bus line! You have neighboring bus routes just a few blocks away from each other. The Q112 does that area just fine and there is no demand for folks that want service past Rockaway because the main service connection is at both subway stations. Besides, you don't see standing load Q112s that often to begin with + the schedule is kinda crappy. I live right by the Q112 and I know what i'm talking about!

This is starting to sound like a broken record but folks REALLY have to start checking out areas before they come up with these ideas so they can actually make any sense at all!

Edited by Cait Sith
fixed quote.

Why give Liberty Avenue limited stop service when you could just give the Q24 a limited variant?

The Q24 won't be enough. Liberty Avenue is lacking in bus service, and the Q68 is a fix.

I am aware of the intersection, and I am thinking of a solution...

A classic case of not knowing the area (Liberty Avenue between 101st & Sutphin). Streets become way too narrow, the area is often filled with traffic, limited service is unnecessary since folks in the area just take the Q112 or the Q10 to the Q8 or other connections and most importantly, that stretch does not need a 2nd bus line! You have neighboring bus routes just a few blocks away from each other. The Q112 does that area just fine and there is no demand for folks that want service past Rockaway because the main service connection is at both subway stations. Besides, you don't see standing load Q112s that often to begin with + the schedule is kinda crappy. I live right by the Q112 and I know what i'm talking about!

This is starting to sound like a broken record but folks REALLY have to start checking out areas before they come up with these ideas so they can actually make any sense at all!

Um, you quoted the wrong post man...

Several things to Point out:

I agree making the Greenpoint Avenue Segment like that. If that's the case with the Southern portion, might as well extend the B13 again, and possibly reroute it to serve Sunnyside

From the times I rode the 24, I've seen a reasonable amount of people taking it past

Sunnyside, so you might want to offer people I transfer from the northern to Southern portion, and vice-versa.

For the 38,

The (M) train station IMO still is the best option for riders, however if the 67 were to be combined with the 38, it would have to go still to the station. If anyone wants to see my Q38 proposals, they are in my queens bus proposals map, which I put a link to it. You'll have to find the links, because I'm writing from a mobile phone.

Transfer? The Meeker Avenue segment was mostly dead. It's a cost-cutting measure.

The B27 also has it's own purpose in Brooklyn, so I would leave the B13 alone...

Anyway, for the Q67 to serve the (M) station, it would have to use Eliot. It is a bit of a hike, but it is a cost cutting measure as well.

Or the Q112. The thing is that the junction at Woodhaven will mess this service up. The lights take forever in that side for anyone to Cross Woodhaven. Besides, Liberty Avenue is one way from Woodhaven to the following street and a car can't physically cross from one side of liberty to the other at Woodhaven Blvd anymore. I think the 24 / 112 should get it. However I am not saying to extend anything here.

Nothing should be extended, I agree... The 112 doesn't need limited service, the route isn't that long and although the 24 is really long, I don't think that the amt of ridership warrents limited service...

Edited by MTAFanBoy512