Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Q26 still stands even though its useless

How about... extending the Q26 to Bellerose?

I know this would be very controversial, but the Q1 can be discontinued, and the Q43 and the Q36 can have local service during rush hours, and the Q27/Q88 and Q26 can replace the Queens Village and the Bellerose branches, respectively. Besides, the Q36 covers all three of the Q1's terminals, and the 36 and 43 are both PACKED during peak-directional rush hours, so more service could relieve all that passenger traffic.

Going to Bellerose, the Q26 can turn left on HHE, turn right on Bell Blvd, turn left on Union Tpke, turn right on Springfield Blvd, and merge onto Braddock Avenue to Jericho Tpke.

Just a thought, as always.

I know this would be very controversial, but the Q1 can be discontinued, and the Q43 and the Q36 can have local service during rush hours, and the Q27/Q88 and Q26 can replace the Queens Village and the Bellerose branches, respectively. Besides, the Q36 covers all three of the Q1's terminals, and the 36 and 43 are both PACKED during peak-directional rush hours, so more service could relieve all that passenger traffic.

Going to Bellerose, the Q26 can turn left on HHE, turn right on Bell Blvd, turn left on Union Tpke, turn right on Springfield Blvd, and merge onto Braddock Avenue to Jericho Tpke.

I don't think it's a good idea. If the Q36 and Q43 are crowded (I've heard the Q36 actually wasn't too bad actually), then you would want more service along Hillside Avenue, not less. So the Q1 primarily serves to help out with the crowding, and then they figure they might as well serve a little bit of Queens Village/Bellerose while they're at it.

Since the Q43 runs limited in the peak direction rush hours, you could kind of think of it as a short-turn Q43 local, covering all the local stops west of Springfield Blvd (yes, I know the Q76/77 help out west of Fracis Lewis Blvd, and I think the Q36 has some local service, but I'm not sure, but the Q1 is basically a complement to the Q43 in that regard).

I don't think it's a good idea. If the Q36 and Q43 are crowded (I've heard the Q36 actually wasn't too bad actually), then you would want more service along Hillside Avenue, not less. So the Q1 primarily serves to help out with the crowding, and then they figure they might as well serve a little bit of Queens Village/Bellerose while they're at it.

Since the Q43 runs limited in the peak direction rush hours, you could kind of think of it as a short-turn Q43 local, covering all the local stops west of Springfield Blvd (yes, I know the Q76/77 help out west of Fracis Lewis Blvd, and I think the Q36 has some local service, but I'm not sure, but the Q1 is basically a complement to the Q43 in that regard).

I agree. w/Checkmate.

The Q36 and Q43 don't run ANY local buses when LTDs are running, so basically east of F Lewis, the Q1 is the "local" for Hillside. Also, the Q76 and Q77 aren't very frequent, so the Q1 tends to be used quite a bit (as it is more frequent). The Q43 is always packed, even at 1pm (I took the Q77 today to 179th to check out some buses before going to the city). The Q36 only really gets packed during rush hours, but still the Q1 does its job as a supplement, it even gets packed itself during rush hours..

If the Q26 was extended to QV/Bellerose, I don't think many would utilize it, ppl in that area want service to Jamaica mostly and can use the Q27 if they want service to Flushing, if you think about it... That idea would just increase crowding on the Q36 and Q43, as ppl will go to Hillside or Jamaica Avs to catch a bus to Jamaica and I know that isn't gonna be a good situation....

Edited by MTAFanBoy512

https://maps.google....561c5065cd2a000

My revised Q38 proposal idea.

Confusing.

I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at here.....

This to me is just as bad as qjt's Q26 idea.....

Only difference is, he's getting rid of the Q77, and you're getting rid of the Q1

Confusing.

I don't know what I'm supposed to here

Well The Q38 would still be eliminated with the Q88 and Q67 as alternatives. There won't be alternatives from Junction Blvd to Otis Avenue unless one uses the Q72 to a transfer to the Q58 for service nearby. The Q88 will continue to replace the 38 from Middle Village to QCM. The Q67 would continue to replace the 38 from Middle Village to Forest Hills

Confusing.

I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at here.....

Only difference is, he's getting rid of the Q77, and you're getting rid of the Q1

Q1 unlike Q77 is useful its needed. BUT Q77 is downright useless!!!! My plan

Well The Q38 would still be eliminated with the Q88 and Q67 as alternatives. There won't be alternatives from Junction Blvd to Otis Avenue unless one uses the Q72 to a transfer to the Q58 for service nearby. The Q88 will continue to replace the 38 from Middle Village to QCM. The Q67 would continue to replace the 38 from Middle Village to Forest Hills

BS you CAN'T REPLACE anything with Q67 its shit and runs HOURLY ON WEEKENDS

No.... I'm saying the physical google map you drew is confusing.... It's one big colorful mess.

I agree. w/Checkmate.

The Q36 and Q43 don't run ANY local buses when LTDs are running, so basically east of F Lewis, the Q1 is the "local" for Hillside. Also, the Q76 and Q77 aren't very frequent, so the Q1 tends to be used quite a bit (as it is more frequent). The Q43 is always packed, even at 1pm (I took the Q77 today to 179th to check out some buses before going to the city). The Q36 only really gets packed during rush hours, but still the Q1 does its job as a supplement, it even gets packed itself during rush hours..

If the Q26 was extended to QV/Bellerose, I don't think many would utilize it, ppl in that area want service to Jamaica mostly and can use the Q27 if they want service to Flushing, if you think about it... That idea would just increase crowding on the Q36 and Q43, as ppl will go to Hillside or Jamaica Avs to catch a bus to Jamaica and I know that isn't gonna be a good situation....

Kay. I understand now, but I still think the Q26 should be extended in some way. I would be ecstatic if it was extended to 188th Street, but that would never happen. :(

Kay. I understand now, but I still think the Q26 should be extended in some way. I would be ecstatic if it was extended to 188th Street, but that would never happen. :(

The Q26 dosen't need to be extended anywhere. Remember, we're talking serious proposals, not fantasies...

Maybe the Q26 should be extended via the Q27 to HHE

Nooo...

Hay. No cursing, and there could be additional service between Middle Village and Rego Park on weekends for the Q67, if not the entire route.

Yes. I would operate the Q67 between Metro and Forest Hills every 30 minutes in that case. I personally think 20 minutes on the Penelope section is too much, and 40 minutes is too little, so 30 minute headways will Do. The rest of the route will continue to operate 60 minute headways.

Yes. I would operate the Q67 between Metro and Forest Hills every 30 minutes in that case. I personally think 20 minutes on the Penelope section is too much, and 40 minutes is too little, so 30 minute headways will Do. The rest of the route will continue to operate 60 minute headways.

I don't see the point of extending the Q88 down the Q38 route, it just makes the route really long. If anything, why don't you have the Q38 go from Otis Ave to Fresh Pond (basically half of its current route)? and then have the Q67 take the other part (to Forest Hills). Just a thought. Btw, taking the Q38 away from 57th Avenue, eliminates one of two or three (if you include the Q88) buses that serve LeFrak City, and I know ppl who frequent Q38s and tell me that a lot of ppl that live in LeFrak actually use the Q38.

The Q88 would have short-turns at Queens Center (or it should) and buses would use Junction Boulevard to get to the Q88. There are many elderly people in LeFrak, but even I must say a walk that will only be several yards longer for most shouldn't be too much.

I don't see the point of extending the Q88 down the Q38 route, it just makes the route really long. If anything, why don't you have the Q38 go from Otis Ave to Fresh Pond (basically half of its current route)? and then have the Q67 take the other part (to Forest Hills). Just a thought. Btw, taking the Q38 away from 57th Avenue, eliminates one of two or three (if you include the Q88) buses that serve LeFrak City, and I know ppl who frequent Q38s and tell me that a lot of ppl that live in LeFrak actually use the Q38.

The catch is that the Q88 would also be shortened to Springfield Garderns.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34293-queens-bus-proposalsideas-thread-2012/page__st__180?do=findComment&comment=535643

Just so you don't say that I'm trying to back up the idea

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?authuser=0&vps=2&hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=19&msid=204750700533050976010.0004c0e6e61c74d738c94

Even more evidence of what the new 88 would look like

And yes I know about the situation, but only service past Junction would be affected, and people can use the Q72 to the Q58 for service. For service to stops along 57 Avenue and on 98/99 streets and Christie Avenue, cant they just walk. Its like a 10 minute walk. And service to the terminal at Otis Will still be provided by the Q88. Bascially little amounts of people will be hurt.

The Q88 would have short-turns at Queens Center (or it should) and buses would use Junction Boulevard to get to the Q88. There are many elderly people in LeFrak, but even I must say a walk that will only be several yards longer for most shouldn't be too much.

The 88 would have short turns since the buses are more frequent then the 38. AM Rush hours every 3rd bus, MIDDAY every 2nd Bus, PM rush every 2nd Bus, andevenings every bus would be extended to Middle Village. Weekends Every bus goes to Middle Village, except middays on Saturdays when every other bus runs along eliot. The additional time for the seniors would be around 2-5 minutes depending where they go.

The catch is that the Q88 would also be shortened to Springfield Garderns.

http://www.nyctransi...180#entry535643

Just so you don't say that I'm trying to back up the idea

https://maps.google....e6e61c74d738c94

Even more evidence of what the new 88 would look like

And yes I know about the situation, but only service past Junction would be affected, and people can use the Q72 to the Q58 for service. For service to stops along 57 Avenue and on 98/99 streets and Christie Avenue, cant they just walk. Its like a 10 minute walk. And service to the terminal at Otis Will still be provided by the Q88. Bascially little amounts of people will be hurt.

The 88 would have short turns since the buses are more frequent then the 38. AM Rush hours every 3rd bus, MIDDAY every 2nd Bus, PM rush every 2nd Bus, and evenings every bus would be extended to Middle Village. Weekends Every bus goes to Middle Village, except middays on Saturdays when every other bus runs along eliot. The additional time for the seniors would be around 2-5 minutes depending where they go.

I believe you mean Oakland Gardens, correct? That's not Springfield Gardens, I know because I live in Springfield Gardens. Springfield Gardens is where the 77 goes, not to where your "Q88" goes. And as Threxx said, there are elderly ppl that live in that particular area, why take a bus from them that close to them and making them walk when they are weak, at least you are providing an alternative, but still... Also the transfer may make them spend more for the fare, if they are coming from the subway. They would have to do train -> Q88 -> Q72 -> Q58, for example, which is an extra 2.25$ the rider is paying as opposed to just doing train then Q38

I believe you mean Oakland Gardens, correct? That's not Springfield Gardens, I know because I live in Springfield Gardens. Springfield Gardens is where the 77 goes, not to where your "Q88" goes. And as Threxx said, there are elderly ppl that live in that particular area, why take a bus from them that close to them and making them walk when they are weak, at least you are providing an alternative, but still... Also the transfer may make them spend more for the fare, if they are coming from the subway. They would have to do train -> Q88 -> Q72 -> Q58, for example, which is an extra 2.25$ the rider is paying as opposed to just doing train then Q38

Well, he wanted to replace the Corona section with the Q52, but some people think that would be a bad idea. It wouldn't, since you would be getting the Q52 out of the mess that is Queens Boulevard so it can turn around faster.

Well, he wanted to replace the Corona section with the Q52, but some people think that would be a bad idea. It wouldn't, since you would be getting the Q52 out of the mess that is Queens Boulevard so it can turn around faster.

That idea doesn't seem to bad, but wouldn't it have to go through Hoffman Dr anyways if it did? Reading the google maps thing, it seems that it would