Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

The first two won't happen, I honestly think the Q72 is fine with its 30 minute headways.

The Q32 is also long, so I don't think it should be extended.

The Q101, I have to ask, what is the exact purpose? Not many people take the 101 into and out of Manhattan. The Q32 already runs to 3 Avenue. I don't think it makes a stop on 3 Avenue, but if it doesn't, then add the stop and that's it.

The Q103 one isn't pretty bad. It has to connect to the ferry, and also during middays also, if extended to the ferry, and if it connects to the ferry, you can bring some more ridership. It may, but during the rush hour, it will.

I meant Q101 riders don't like current drop off at underpass of Queensboro Bridge's 62nd St exit ramp, especially at night and they want easy transfer to subway.

Extended Q103 should run on weekend and coordinate scheduling with NY Waterway's East River Ferry.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant Q101 riders don't like current drop off at underpass of Queensboro Bridge's 62nd St exit ramp, especially at night and they want easy transfer to subway.

Extended Q103 should run on weekend and coordinate scheduling with NY Waterway's East River Ferry.

Not many travel into Manhattan on the Q101. The majority take the subway into the city. The Q60 even gets more usage to 2nd Ave. I wonder why the Q101 has late night service in the first place. It's lightly used outside of rush hours. Waiting for the Q101 to come is frustrating and I guess that's why many people take the train and the Q100 LTD and Q69.

Not many travel into Manhattan on the Q101. The majority take the subway into the city. The Q60 even gets more usage to 2nd Ave. I wonder why the Q101 has late night service in the first place. It's lightly used outside of rush hours. Waiting for the Q101 to come is frustrating and I guess that's why many people take the train and the Q100 LTD and Q69.

Barely anyone uses Q101 in manhattan sometimes nobody on many trips. Q101 gets very good use within queens past the subway like north of 34th ave. South it's 5 riders at the most.

Q101 already has easy transfer to the subway it's called Steinway st subway. Stop it. Q101 shouldn't even go into Manhattan period.

Barely anyone uses Q101 in manhattan sometimes nobody on many trips. Q101 gets very good use within queens past the subway like north of 34th ave. South it's 5 riders at the most.

Q101 already has easy transfer to the subway it's called Steinway st subway. Stop it. Q101 shouldn't even go into Manhattan period.

I actually have to agree with you on this. The only reason service is provided to Manhattan is because terminating in the LIC would cause bottleneck, and the turnarounds aren't feasible in the area. Most usage on the QB bridge is the Q32, and the Q60 follows it (but at a lesser rate than the 32).

I actually have to agree with you on this. The only reason service is provided to Manhattan is because terminating in the LIC would cause bottleneck, and the turnarounds aren't feasible in the area. Most usage on the QB bridge is the Q32, and the Q60 follows it (but at a lesser rate than the 32).

I kinda figured that was the only reason why the Q101 went to Manhattan. Why does the Q101 have late night service when it doesn't need it.

I kinda figured that was the only reason why the Q101 went to Manhattan. Why does the Q101 have late night service when it doesn't need it.

Because the 101 is the only bus north of 35 Avenue in that area that runs 24/7 (besides the Q100, but that's on the outskirt, on 21 street).

The M60 connects to the train, but mostly used from residents in the Jackson Heights area (of those connecting to the train). The Q101 is north-south.

In simple words, the 101 late night service is needed.

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

Because the 101 is the only bus north of 35 Avenue in that area that runs 24/7 (besides the Q100, but that's on the outskirt, on 21 street).

The M60 connects to the train, but mostly used from residents in the Jackson Heights area (of those connecting to the train). The Q101 is north-south.

In simple words, the 101 late night service is needed.

I know the Q100 runs late nights but is the Q69 needed at night as well. I was thinking at night similar to the Q44 have the Q100 run local when the Q69 stops running until the morning when the Q69 starts again. And I would move the Q100 from 20th Ave I believe to 21 Ave with the Q69.

I know the Q100 runs late nights but is the Q69 needed at night as well. I was thinking at night similar to the Q44 have the Q100 run local when the Q69 stops running until the morning when the Q69 starts again. And I would move the Q100 from 20th Ave I believe to 21 Ave with the Q69.

I wouldn't have the Q100 run overnight. I would just have the 69 run overnight. Similar to the 33 and 70

I actually have to agree with you on this. The only reason service is provided to Manhattan is because terminating in the LIC would cause bottleneck, and the turnarounds aren't feasible in the area.

Idea (1):  Last stop on Queens Plaza North, then continue on Queens Plaza North, left 21st Street, left Queens Plaza South. 

Idea (2):  Continue on Jackson Avenue to Vernon-Jackson Station (lay over with Q103) or to L.I.C. ferry terminal.

Idea (1):  Last stop on Queens Plaza North, then continue on Queens Plaza North, left 21st Street, left Queens Plaza South. 

Idea (2):  Continue on Jackson Avenue to Vernon-Jackson Station (lay over with Q103) or to L.I.C. ferry terminal.

You still wouldn't save that much money, so you might as well run the route to Manhattan.

And I think you need to SHUT UP!!!

I think its hard for you to understand simple English.

Whoa, why so aggressive? Let's keep it civil.

And here I thought from all the people on this forum that you d actually have a smartphone with an (MTA) trip planner app... boy, seems I was wrong.

The trip planner app can throw weird results your way; Google Transit (which in my experience has been the most usable) will usually end up suggesting using the LIRR's Atlantic Branch for a Eastern Queens-Brooklyn trip, and there is no option to disable certain agencies such as NICE and LIRR from your results.

A fair amount of apps on the market also don't accommodate bus options at all, but BusTime should change that once it all comes online (which, if I remember correctly, is supposed to happen sometime from April to July)

No, it wouldn't save much money, but it would be much less vulnerable to delays (and thus more reliable).

Not really, that whole area around LIC is also bottleneck, especially Queens Plaza North/South, 21 street, and Jackson Avenue.

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

LOL... I was referring to the people that apparently don't use a smartphone...  ;)

Which is very few.

I wouldn't have the Q100 run overnight. I would just have the 69 run overnight. Similar to the 33 and 70

Or truncate overnight Q100 before the jail and make it local on 21st st overnight. Unless Q69 has overnight service.

The trip planner app can throw weird results your way; Google Transit (which in my experience has been the most usable) will usually end up suggesting using the LIRR's Atlantic Branch for a Eastern Queens-Brooklyn trip, and there is no option to disable certain agencies such as NICE and LIRR from your results.

A fair amount of apps on the market also don't accommodate bus options at all, but BusTime should change that once it all comes online (which, if I remember correctly, is supposed to happen sometime from April to July)

Eastern queens to Brooklyn via LIRR is the fastest method the trip planner is structured to choose the fastest available route.

Well another idea is keeping Q101 on 39th street and bypass that LIC bottleneck to greenpoint ave and greenpoint (G) or Williamsburg via kingsland ave as a way to increase ridership but then it gets too long.

And I think you need to SHUT UP!!!

I think its hard for you to understand simple English.

I don't recall talking to you.  Last I checked, you're not the only one that's entitled to talk about Guide A Rides and I was stating a personal  observation when I've traveled in Queens.  Grow up and stop being so sensitive.  <_<

Exactly.

Well how would you like it if someone teased you about the same thing at least 20 times. Every time i write a damn post he always has to mention those damn Guide A Rides. I have ignored him but I had enough of it.

No, I think you're just super paranoid.  I was having a conversation with Vistausss and you jump in and start complaining about being teased. Get over yourself.

Which is very few.

Or truncate overnight Q100 before the jail and make it local on 21st st overnight. Unless Q69 has overnight service.

Eastern queens to Brooklyn via LIRR is the fastest method the trip planner is structured to choose the fastest available route.

1. That's only true if you don't account for waiting time (which Google Maps doesn't do unless you're transferring to the route).

2. Unlike Google, I am not made of money. The LIRR is expensive, and it's not like they only suggest this option on weekdays; they'll suggest it to you during Peak travel as well. This is why we should have disabling options (because unlike you, not everyone is about speed speed speed)

Q32: Extend via Northern Blvd to 94th St.

Q72: Runs every 20 minutes during weekend.

Q101: Extend to 3rd Av/60th St.

Manhattan-bound: Via Queensboro Bridge, exit to 60th St ramp, stop at 2nd Av, then 3rd Av, then terminate.

Queens-bound: Begin at BxM1 bus stop at 3rd Av/60th-61st St, turn right at 62nd St, turn right at 2nd Av, regular route.

Q103: Extend to Long Island City Pier via Borden Av and 2nd St. Borden Av/2nd St and East River Ferry Parking Lot.

The Q103 extension is actually a good idea. If it were extended to the pier, then ridership might increase.

1. That's only true if you don't account for waiting time (which Google Maps doesn't do unless you're transferring to the route).

2. Unlike Google, I am not made of money. The LIRR is expensive, and it's not like they only suggest this option on weekdays; they'll suggest it to you during Peak travel as well. This is why we should have disabling options (because unlike you, not everyone is about speed speed speed)

Just saying why the trip planner is like that. Ain't nobody got time for slow. However due to frequency Q31 to (J) & (A) is if you can't wait at Jamaica which I don't blame ya one of the LIRR's weaknesses is frequency which cancals out the speed advantage. That's IF they actually collect your ticket which ironically is not often I lost count of the free rides I took on LIRR for short trips.

Edited by qjtransitmaster