Q43LTD

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's we ?????

Unless you work for transit LIKE I Do your information is mere speculation

I have friends that work in Baisley Park Depot..

We ALL talk when we link up and what not... And that was an internal discussion in the depot

Q113 will be SBS and they will create a Q114 route

My guess since I don't work in that depot is it will probably happen once they receive there Artics

Simple as that smh

It would be a waste for the Q113 to get SBS. The LTD runs every 20 minutes why not increase the Q113 and possibly reduce the amount of Q111's going to and from Rosedale. In my opinion the Q111 and the Q113 schedule should be fixed up because it's current schedule is unorganized and confusing.

SBS is not that simple, because it's not an MTA-only project. SBS is a joint project between DOT and MTA, which makes complete sense because DOT is in charge of street space and furniture, not MTA. Q113 may be getting artics, but that has little to no bearing on whether or not it is getting SBS; after all, the Q44 is not an SBS route, but it has artics.

Agreed. Plus, the DOT has already made clear which few routes are the next they want to put SBS on, and the Q113 ain't one of them.

Edited by Mysterious2train

Agreed. Plus, the DOT has already made clear which few routes are the next they want to put SBS on, and the Q113 ain't one of them.

Lmao I just laugh at this point...

Smh

Like I said before the Q113 WILL be SBS..

They are gonna change route too... NO more Snake Road...

But y'all know more than I do so this is why I just don't post and laugh

All the Q111 routes make sense

Those are simply run for those who don't get enough hours in

One of those Q111 might be transformed into the new route Q114 (I would say the Farmers One)

Lmao I just laugh at this point...

Smh

Like I said before the Q113 WILL be SBS..

They are gonna change route too... NO more Snake Road...

But y'all know more than I do so this is why I just don't post and laugh

All the Q111 routes make sense

Those are simply run for those who don't get enough hours in

One of those Q111 might be transformed into the new route Q114 (I would say the Farmers One)

I mean, considering DOT has to rearrange the lanes, set up street furniture, talk to the Community Boards, get money from the FTA, State, and City, etc., they're the ones who call the shots on which routes get SBS, not MTA. All MTA does is operation for SBS.

Who rides the Q111 in Long Island? Why is it even there in the first place?  :huh:

It's there so that a franchise doesn't operate there (taking potential customers). The Q111 doesn't operate too deep in Nassau (Queens is Long Island). It also acts as a school tripper from Lawrence High School, Shalvehet High School and also a tripper for South Valley Stream High School.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

It's there so that a franchise doesn't operate there (taking potential customers). The Q111 doesn't operate too deep in Nassau (Queens is Long Island). It also acts as a school tripper from Lawrence High School, Shalvehet High School and also a tripper for South Valley Stream High School.

And why do New York City taxpayers need to subsidize suburban trippers?

Because these trippers are catered for Queens students who go to these schools.

Although I agree w/ his point, You got duped into answering a question that suggests something you never said......

Completely useless actually NICE would be better out there.

I'm inclined to agree, the question is with what route & how.......

Although I agree w/ his point, You got duped into answering a question that suggests something you never said......

I'm inclined to agree, the question is with what route & how.......

N2 extension to far rockaway via mill rd and peninsula Blvd & Nassau expressway. Or N33 to green acres via this routing. Or N33& original N2 (pre-loop) routing merged into one route. With N33 designation.

• 2 weeks later...

Q38

Streamline Service in Middle Village & LeFrak City

Q38 service is plagued with unreliablity throughout the years, and it passes through some very small streets, which is a hassle when turning. Double parking can also reduced reliability. Traffic conditions further make running time elongated as well. As a result, the following actions are proposed

1. Elimination of Q38 service on Furmanville Avenue

2. Streamlining of Q38 service on 57 Avenue 

1. Elimination of Q38 service on Furmanville Avenue

The Q38 route would operate on a less windy path, and would have more ample streets to turn onto. The current Q38 utilizes Furmanville Avenue between 75 Place and 77 Pl or 78 Street, and then utilize Penelope (depending on the direction). The streamlined path would operate on 75 Place until Penelope Avenue, then utilize Penelope Avenue, and Vice Versa. 

5 Stops would have to added or modified or consolidated

Running Time Savings: 1 minute

Cost Savings:

$382.375 Weekdays

$267.375 Saturdays

$209.875 Sundays

Annual Savings: $44,823.30

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204750700533050976010.0004fa3c68b364f87e22f&msa=0&ll=40.717556,-73.878572&spn=0.002142,0.00327

2. Streamlining of Q38 service on 57 Avenue 

The 98/99 Street and Christie Avenue segments would be discontinued

Running Time Savings: 1 minute

Annual Savings: $44,823.30

Total Annual Savings: $89,646.61

(that is, if I did the math correctly).

Q67

Reduce Running Time

Q67 Running Time should be reduced to 35 minutes from 40 minutes.

Annual Savings:

$41,860.00

Taken right out of the AEMoreira handbook with that presentation... lmao...

Aside from saying just split the thing already, I generally agree with what you're suggesting for the 38 up around lefrak (just not for your reason).... The 38 should encircle LeFrak & terminate on the HHE side (instead of having buses on layover on that short portion of Otis)... Your other 38 suggestion I still have mixed feelings with (that's been proposed before btw)... Push came to shove, I'd probably leave it alone...

But I'ma say this, your main complaint is runtime, but you're making 2 suggestions that would save a whopping 2 total minutes off the total route's runtime.... 121 measly seconds short of defeating the purpose.. What you should really focus on if that's your main complaint, is why is the Q38 losing so much time on other portions of the route, and what can be done to rectify that.... Because believe me, it's not the Christie segment & the Furmanville segment as to why the Q38 is unreliable.....

The Q38 just lacks buses in general. Sometimes a bus can leave its terminal on the Rego Park side and it can be about 15 minutes before you see another bus arrive and layover. Then about 10 minutes later it starts it route and this process goes on and on.

Cmon man that isn't much help.

What's there to talk about? Both have been discussed to death.

I don't see what the point of creating a Q94 is when you could just extend some Q44 runs via East 180th, Southern, and Fordham to get to Fordham Plaza. In any case, the reliability of any route between Flushing and Fordham would be in the gutter. (In fact, I doubt whether the Q44 should even be a local in the Bronx; most of its route is paralleled by local buses in the Bronx, particularly the Bx36.

The Q27 bunches terribly as it is, and suffers huge crowding issues west of QCC. Any extension south would probably make the route even more unreliable than it is. On top of that, there's no good reason to; the Q77 already serves Springfield south of 120th. The Q77 already intersects every east-west route south of Hillside, and to get to Flushing it's much faster to take a bus into Jamaica and hop on the Q44. This would only benefit Q77 riders trying to get to Cardozo or QCC, but those are already served by a trip on the Q77 with a transfer to the Q27. (I guess you could argue that it would also benefit Q27 riders wishing to get to Green Acres, but given Q27 usage south of Jamaica Av that seems like a rather large stretch.)

q56 extension to queens village LIRR station

"purpose of this extension is to tap into a new rider base at the queens village LIRR station and to tap off the rider base at francis lewis and springfield blvd"

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=218345366120084192601.0004fa6d880b75ef6b5bb&msa=0&ll=40.708231,-73.876019&spn=0.097725,0.181789

"purpose of this extension is to tap into a new rider base at the queens village LIRR station and to tap off the rider base at francis lewis and springfield blvd"

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=218345366120084192601.0004fa6d880b75ef6b5bb&msa=0&ll=40.708231,-73.876019&spn=0.097725,0.181789

The route would be very unreliable, and you'd probably end up cannibalizing a good portion of the Q110 in the process. QV is also a LIRR station with very low boardings, so it's not as if there's a riderbase around there.

QV already gets a decent chunk of service, and neither of the two routes heading towards Jamaica are very frequent, so I don't see the purpose of extending something else out there.

Taken right out of the AEMoreira handbook with that presentation... lmao...

Aside from saying just split the thing already, I generally agree with what you're suggesting for the 38 up around lefrak (just not for your reason).... The 38 should encircle LeFrak & terminate on the HHE side (instead of having buses on layover on that short portion of Otis)... Your other 38 suggestion I still have mixed feelings with (that's been proposed before btw)... Push came to shove, I'd probably leave it alone...

But I'ma say this, your main complaint is runtime, but you're making 2 suggestions that would save a whopping 2 total minutes off the total route's runtime.... 121 measly seconds short of defeating the purpose.. What you should really focus on if that's your main complaint, is why is the Q38 losing so much time on other portions of the route, and what can be done to rectify that.... Because believe me, it's not the Christie segment & the Furmanville segment as to why the Q38 is unreliable.....

That is true, to an extant, because most Q38 buses I've been on just are early. And this is with some of them already stationing themselves at 69 Street/ Eliot Avenue waiting for a good 2-3 minutes before leaving. Buses usually come early by the time they reach the Metropolitan Avenue station. Quite frankly, I believe that there is too much time given on the Penelope section up to 69/ Eliot, and not enough time given on the Eliot Avenue portion from there on. Then there's different BO's who take it upon to then to wait for the time at one of the timepoints, (or not). And then there's the unpredictable traffic conditions in LeFrak.

One thing (not that you brought it up) what I find very confusing is why the bus is given 11 minutes to run from the Metropolitan Avenue (M) station to 69 Street, whereas only 10 minutes are given from there to the Woodhaven Blvd (M)(R) station. The 38 can do the route in 8 minutes from Metropolitan Avenue to 69 St, and maybe add 1-2 minutes to the time between 69 Street and Woodhaven Blvd.

I mean, it's better to straighten the route time on the route before entering LeFrak City, but then again, LeFrak City can be a hit or a miss, especially with all the trucks. There's still the problem where you'll see Q38's bunching during midday hours (which the headways then are every 20 minutes).

Then only way I can see this somewhat working is if you make all Q110's during rush hour originate from 179 Street, and have it only run during rush hours.