Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can they make the Q12 OR Q13 limited on Northern Blvd? Maybe even bring back the X51 on sanford ave that bus was packed durning rush hour. Maybe extend it to Northern Blvd and Francis Lewis blvd or Bell blvd. We need more options then the 7 train flushing is a mess.

Can they make the Q12 OR Q13 limited on Northern Blvd? Maybe even bring back the X51 on sanford ave that bus was packed durning rush hour. Maybe extend it to Northern Blvd and Francis Lewis blvd or Bell blvd. We need more options then the 7 train flushing is a mess.

Asking on here won't get anything done. Petition your neighbors and elected officials. Aside from that you have the LIRR as an option too.

There's already a Q60 LTD. It's called the (E) and (F) train..:)

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Deferring to that hideous duo isn't a good answer.

When repairs go on under that stretch of road it's like watching paint dry. It's painfully slow because the MTA can't just shut down service for any section without mass panic or repercussions, even if it is a planned change.

Because of this, Queens Boulevard still has numerous issues with Sandy's grime all over it. I'm just glad the drainage was OK during that water main break last year.

???? Eric Shields | #MassTransitHonchkrow ????

THE Hudson Valley's essential Fare-blazer ????

It would be nice it the MTA turned the Woodhaven Bl/Hoffman Dr stop and the Woodhaven Bl/Booth St stop be turned into a transfer for most Express buses so that people can transfer between different lines and branches.

You mean between local and express or express to express? The latter isn't possible as Transfers aren't issued between those. Transfers from local buses cost $3.75 if I remember. If you have a paper Xfer it'll go in but it'll also say add coins either 15 quarters or three buffalo coins & 3 quarters).

You mean between local and express or express to express? The latter isn't possible as Transfers aren't issued between those. Transfers from local buses cost $3.75 if I remember. If you have a paper Xfer it'll go in but it'll also say add coins either 15 quarters or three buffalo coins & 3 quarters).

Eric Shields | #MassTransitHonchkrow

THE Hudson Valley's essential Fare-blazer

He means express bus to express bus and the transfer would be done using your Metrocard.  

Would it be sensible to have the Q70 stop at the marine terminal? I never understood why the Q47 is needed for that. I noticed on older maps that the Q33 played a role similar to the Q7O.

Speaking of old maps, does anyone notice the kiosk maps portray the time the Montague Tunnel was closed?

He means express bus to express bus and the transfer would be done using your Metrocard.

Ooh it can? That's good to know. [emoji4]

Simply put, the Glendale folks want the the Q54 & the Q29..... The Q47 is secondary, for obvious reasons

(duration to the subway & quite frankly, lack of points of interest/attractions).....

Way I see it, again, running the Q47 to Myrtle would be much ado about nothin.... If you take/see the Q47 enough, you'll notice that buses empty out at Metropolitan for the most part (usually for the Q54, WB).... As for your other suggestion, we seem to be on the same page - I've also thought about Woodhaven/Metropolitan, but I can't think of a feasible turnaround scenario....

Ooh it can? That's good to know. [emoji4]

Yes, once you pay the $6.50, your Metrocard gives you one transfer for another express bus (no matter what direction).  So for example, you could make a round trip easily taking one express bus (i.e. the QM5) into Manhattan and the QM6 back within the transfer time frame allotted.  Supposedly this transfer isn't good for the same line, but I was able to pay just $6.50 once round trip using the same line, likely due to the farebox on the return bus not operating correctly.  

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I sometimes believe that there should be a full-time express that stopped along Queens Boulevard (north of Jewel Ave), and at Woodhaven & Hoffman Drive. Perhaps they could make the QM4 make off-peak stops in those areas Some of those buses do not carry too many people, and I'm pretty sure there would be people in Forest Hills and Rego Park who would take the express bus (either because they can't walk down the stairs on the subway or other things). It would be less of a headache for those who could afford the bus on the weekend, since they are always during some sort of construction work on the QBL.

The QM4 would make all QM18 stops between 63 Drive and Jewel Avenue on Queens Boulevard, in addition to Hoffman Drive. It would help increase ridership on the line. These additional stops would apply to all inbound buses departing at or after 10 AM from 164 Street, and all outbound buses from 9:50 AM to 3:50 PM, and 7:50 PM to 11:50 PM. Of course, those stops will be made all day on weekends. That's what the MTA should have done if they wanted to also increase service for express bus riders in Elmhurst. There would be three additional stops in each direction (2 QM18 stops plus the Hoffman Drive stops), with the only reroute being that the QM4 uses the service lanes instead of the main road). Travel time would increase by approximately 5 minutes, but the amount of buses needed would remain the same (since there's enough recovery at the end of the route).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something else I had in mind, but not completely sure of: should the Q70 SBS use artics? The bus bay assignments might need to be reassigned at 74 Street in order for the Q70 to fit artics entirely within the terminal. Perhaps the Q33 and Q70 SBS can swap. Obviously, it can't be done right away, but if it should, it should be done after LGA construction is completely done.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven Bl

I sometimes believe that there should be a full-time express that stopped along Queens Boulevard (north of Jewel Ave), and at Woodhaven & Hoffman Drive. Perhaps they could make the QM4 make off-peak stops in those areas Some of those buses do not carry too many people, and I'm pretty sure there would be people in Forest Hills and Rego Park who would take the express bus (either because they can't walk down the stairs on the subway or other things). It would be less of a headache for those who could afford the bus on the weekend, since they are always during some sort of construction work on the QBL.

The QM4 would make all QM18 stops between 63 Drive and Jewel Avenue on Queens Boulevard, in addition to Hoffman Drive. It would help increase ridership on the line. These additional stops would apply to all inbound buses departing at or after 10 AM from 164 Street, and all outbound buses from 9:50 AM to 3:50 PM, and 7:50 PM to 11:50 PM. Of course, those stops will be made all day on weekends. That's what the MTA should have done if they wanted to also increase service for express bus riders in Elmhurst. There would be three additional stops in each direction (2 QM18 stops plus the Hoffman Drive stops), with the only reroute being that the QM4 uses the service lanes instead of the main road). Travel time would increase by approximately 5 minutes, but the amount of buses needed would remain the same (since there's enough recovery at the end of the route).

There should be.  I don't feel dealing with the subway so I just take the QM5 or QM6 and transfer if need be to a local bus.  The (E) train is not only packed, but loaded with homeless people.  Makes the ride that much longer and cumbersome.  They should just have the QM4 run a big further down Queens Blvd.

Asking on here won't get anything done. Petition your neighbors and elected officials. Aside from that you have the LIRR as an option too.

The LIRR isn't a viable option especially when there is more than 30+ min wait during the early AM rush.

Yes, once you pay the $6.50, your Metrocard gives you one transfer for another express bus (no matter what direction).  So for example, you could make a round trip easily taking one express bus (i.e. the QM5) into Manhattan and the QM6 back within the transfer time frame allotted.  Supposedly this transfer isn't good for the same line, but I was able to pay just $6.50 once round trip using the same line, likely due to the farebox on the return bus not operating correctly.  

Supposedly it works on branches to X17A -> X17J don't quote me on it though

I remember suggesting this with both the QM1/4 when the QM1 ran off peak. I also remember that most of that lengthy proposal was ignored.  <_<

The LIRR isn't a viable option especially when there is more than 30+ min wait during the early AM rush.

Supposedly it works on branches to X17A -> X17J don't quote me on it though

I remember suggesting this with both the QM1/4 when the QM1 ran off peak. I also remember that most of that lengthy proposal was ignored.  <_<

I had this plan too, as a last resort for the QM1. Since the QM1 does not run middays anymore, I would just have the QM4 make those stops. It's only three stops, and if people aren't getting off at said stops, then the BO could operate along the main road for longer or at certain locations to avoid potential traffic backups.

When did I say to cut it?  :huh:  I agree with you that service shouldn't be cut, instead these buses should be restructured so that they can get as many passengers as possible, also I want it expanded in some other areas where the bus already travels through but does not stop at. Well looks like its time to throw in my ideas. Why not have the QM1/4 do pick ups and drop offs along Queens blvd, up until Woodhaven blvd. Since these buses are going shorter distance, have space for more people, and there are already taking this route. To my knowledge there are a decent amount of senior citizen in that area where the service could be utilized. Furthermore if it only attracts one ride per bus, it wouldn't affect too much because it technically still takes the same route. please don't give me that service road vs main road BS, with traffic the difference is really little.

Okay time to explain my idea fully. Keep in mind everything I say is for off peak only unless stated otherwise.

*Note:

- I decide to throw in a few other from the previous topic being discussed 

- Some things won't make sense without read other parts of my proposal 

*Outdated In red

*Additions in blue

1) QM1

* Extend operating hours to 9PM (Manhattan bound)

* Extend operating hours to 11PM (Queens bound)

* Last bus to Manhattan is also last bus to Queens

* Add additional stops Manhattan bound @:

- QUEENS BLVD/ 78 AV

- QUEENS BL/75 AV

- QUEENS BL/72 AV

- QUEENS BL/70 AV

- QUEENS BL/67 AV

- QUEENS BL/63 DR

- WOODHAVEN BL/HOFFMAN DR

- For all buses departing after 9AM 

* Add additional stops Queens bound @:

- QUEENS BL/ELIOT AV

- QUEENS BL/63 DR

- QUEENS BL/66 AV

- QUEENS BL/YELLOWSTONE BL

- QUEENS BL/71 AV

- QUEENS BL/72 AV

- QUEENS BL/75 AV

- UNION TP/QUEENS BL

- From 9:30AM-4PM and 7PM-11PM

* Peak Service added (3rd ave) (To replace QM5)

- change interval from 15 min to 10 mim

* Weekend Service added (To replace QM5)

- Saturday 

* Manhattan bound 6:50AM-8:50PM (hourly)

* Queens bound 9AM-11PM (hourly)

- Sunday

* Manhattan bound 7:50AM-7:50PM (hourly)

* Queens bound 10AM-10PM (hourly)

2) QM2/20

* Add additional stops going to Manhattan @

- Horace Harding Exp/Van Cleef St

- HORACE HARDING EXP/WESTSIDE AV

- From all buses departing after 10AM

- For Queens bound service refer to QM4

3) QM3 (Peak service)

* Extend operating hours to 6:10AM-11:10AM (Manhattan bound)

- 6:10

- 6:40

- 7:00

- 7:20

- 7:40

- 8:10

- 8:50

- 9:30

- 10:10

- 11:10

* Extend operating hours to 3:05PM-9:05PM (Queens Bound)

- 3:05

- 3:45
          - 4:25
          - 5:05
          - 5:35
          - 6:05
          - 6:35
          - 7:15
          - 8:05
          - 9:05
     *Add additional stop Manhattan bound @
          - Northern Bl/Farrington st
     *Add additional stop Queens bound @
          - NORTHERN BL/MAIN ST
     -Main st stops added to help avoid congestion on (7). Many rush hour trains leaving Flushing are SRO
     (To be an alternative to the congested (7) Train really)

4) QM4 (I expect this to be controversial)
    * Re-route Queens bound buses to negate traffic and to provided Queens bound service that is not provided by QM2/20 (All times)
     * Add additional stops Queens bound @
          - Horace Harding Exp/Queens Bl (Off peak only)

- HORACE HARDING EXP/JUNCTION BL (Off peak only)

- HORACE HARDING EXP/99 ST (Off peak only)

- HORACE HARDING EXP/108 ST (Off peak only)

- Grand Central Pky/62 Dr (All times)

- Grand Central Pky/64 Rd (All times)

- Grand Central Pky/67 Rd (All times)

- Grand Central Pky/69 Rd (All times) 

- For off peak buses from 9:50AM-2:50PM and 7:50PM-11:50PM

* Add additional stops Manhattan bound @

- QUEENS BL/67 AV

- QUEENS BL/63 DR

- WOODHAVEN BL/HOFFMAN DR

- For all buses departing after 9AM 

* Weekend service eliminated (replaced by QM5)

5) QM5 (using BM5's idea)

* Modify Peak Express

- Change all express buses departing between 7AM-8AM into super expresses similar to QM8

- Reduce QM5 buses from 8min to 10min between 7AM-8AM (To balance out additional QM1 trips)

*Reroute Manhattan bound buses 

- Details: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/188-1-188-99+73rd+Ave,+Fresh+Meadows,+NY+11366/40.7234973,-73.8479376/@40.7346998,-73.8128302,13.25z/data=!4m19!4m18!1m15!1m1!1s0x89c261a5858509e9:0x44da5b616607aa0a!2m2!1d-73.7828522!2d40.7332308!3m4!1m2!1d-73.7918647!2d40.739725!3s0x89c261b25685a3bd:0xb0cd989638be6af9!3m4!1m2!1d-73.8057774!2d40.7317607!3s0x89c260578679d8f5:0x809871fb539cd52b!1m0!3e0

* Additional stops Manhattan bound @

- 188 ST/69 AV

- 188 ST/64 AV

- HORACE HARDING EXP/188 ST

- HORACE HARDING EXP/175 PL

- HORACE HARDING EXP/FRESH MEADOW LA

- 164 ST/HORACE HARDING EXP

- All current QM4 stops

- For off peak buses from 9:10AM-11PM

* Additional stops Queens bound @

- All current QM4 stops 

- HORACE HARDING EXP/172 ST

- HORACE HARDING EXP/UTOPIA PKY

- HORACE HARDING EXP/186 ST

- 188 ST/64 AV

- 188 ST/186 LA #1

- For all off peak buses from 8:45AM-3;45PM from 7:40PM-12AM

* All weekend service goes along off peak route (current route replaced by QM1)

6) QM8

*Modify AM super express route

- Additional Manhattan bound stops @

*HORACE HARDING EXP/188 ST

* HORACE HARDING EXP/175 PL

* HORACE HARDING EXP/FRESH MEADOW LA

7) QM9/20 (Peak service)(This is about the controversial College Point route if it were to be added, through my vision of course)

*New peak service QM9

- Details: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zcqONe0r0_J8.kPpqZLsbT6s8&usp=sharing

* 3 departures every morning 

- 7:00AM 

- 7:30AM

- 8:00AM 

* 3 departures in the evening

- 5:00PM

- 5:30PM

- 6:00PM

- During this time the corresponding QM20 departures become 3rd ave buses 

(Re labeled QM20 could be QM22)

* QM20 via 3rd ave 

- 7:02AM

- 7:34AM

- 8:02AM 

* QM20 from 3rd ave 

- 5:00PM

- 5:30PM

- 6:00PM

* QM20 super express 

- 5:08 keep

- swap 5:30 bus and 5:23 super express

- move 5:38 super express to 5:45

Notes:

-The QM1/4/5/6 schedule would need to be readjusted so that the QM1 and QM5 and the QM4 and QM6 runs parallel to one another. this way the intervals on portions of the route that have more than one bus have bihourly service.

- The reason I chose the QM2/20 in going one way and the QM4 going the other is because the the QM2/20 already go that way the bus will not need to be re routed to make those additional stops. However there is no point in modifying the return trip in going that way so I chose the QM4 instead also it would be in interesting method to negate traffic.

- My idea of the QM9 is to allow College Point riders to have express service but at the same time allow an opportunity for QM20 riders to have an 3rd ave bus with the QM9 filling in those gaps.

- One of my schedule times are exact rather guesstimates of expected times or good times.

- Anything referring to service hours is when a bus departs its terminus.

There's my old proposal if you want to look at again. Of course, it needs updating but for the most part, I still stick by it. 

Edited by IAlam

There's my old proposal if you want to look at again. Of course, it needs updating but for the most part, I still stick by it. 

I wouldn't outright cut the QM4 on weekends, but personally, I feel that there's way too much service given. The combined weekend ridership on the QM4 is only 10 counts higher than the QM15's (in which the latter runs only on Saturdays). That may be because the catchment area is way too small. I see people using the bus in Forest Hills and in Rego Park, like you said. That area still is high enough incomes to afford taking the express bus on a regular basis. So those off-peak buses would not only have QM4 riders, but QM10, QM12, and QM18 riders as well who are probably taking the subway instead. 

There's no reason why all the other QM's are carrying loads in the morning, while those QM4's are hit or miss. I would first increase the catchment area to make additional stops as you and I both mentioned before on Queens Boulevard (and at Hoffman Drive). Although I feel that it'll increase ridership, moreso on weekends, if it doesn't rise up total ridership to at least a suitable ridership level, then I would start sending QM5's via Jewel Avenue (but only on late afternoon and evening trips in the beginning). 

I've been on midday QM5's (on Saturdays, at least). I remember taking the 12:30 PM once, and there were about around 20 or so (probably more, I don't remember; but I know there were at least 20) people, with about 7 getting on along Union Turnpike; the rest coming from east of 188 Street. Although I have not taken the QM6 on Saturdays, I believe it follows a similar pattern. I think 30 minute headways should be kept on Union Turnpike during those times, because ridership is still strong to Manhattan. Once you hit the afternoon (like around 2:30 or so), you see a significant decrease in ridership, and then a gradual decrease to the point where the 30 minute headways seem excessive. That's why I can't agree to a full discontinuation of the QM4 on weekends. On Sundays, it may be a different story, but 30 minute headways are ideal during certain parts of the weekend on Union Turnpike. 

I wouldn't outright cut the QM4 on weekends, but personally, I feel that there's way too much service given. The combined weekend ridership on the QM4 is only 10 counts higher than the QM15's (in which the latter runs only on Saturdays). That may be because the catchment area is way too small. I see people using the bus in Forest Hills and in Rego Park, like you said. That area still is high enough incomes to afford taking the express bus on a regular basis. So those off-peak buses would not only have QM4 riders, but QM10, QM12, and QM18 riders as well who are probably taking the subway instead. 

There's no reason why all the other QM's are carrying loads in the morning, while those QM4's are hit or miss. I would first increase the catchment area to make additional stops as you and I both mentioned before on Queens Boulevard (and at Hoffman Drive). Although I feel that it'll increase ridership, moreso on weekends, if it doesn't rise up total ridership to at least a suitable ridership level, then I would start sending QM5's via Jewel Avenue (but only on late afternoon and evening trips in the beginning). 

I've been on midday QM5's (on Saturdays, at least). I remember taking the 12:30 PM once, and there were about around 20 or so (probably more, I don't remember; but I know there were at least 20) people, with about 7 getting on along Union Turnpike; the rest coming from east of 188 Street. Although I have not taken the QM6 on Saturdays, I believe it follows a similar pattern. I think 30 minute headways should be kept on Union Turnpike during those times, because ridership is still strong to Manhattan. Once you hit the afternoon (like around 2:30 or so), you see a significant decrease in ridership, and then a gradual decrease to the point where the 30 minute headways seem excessive. That's why I can't agree to a full discontinuation of the QM4 on weekends. On Sundays, it may be a different story, but 30 minute headways are ideal during certain parts of the weekend on Union Turnpike. 

Actually, it was based on your old proposal to replace QM4 with QM5 on weekends and add QM1 service to replace lost QM5 Service and add service to QB

Actually, it was based on your old proposal to replace QM4 with QM5 on weekends and add QM1 service to replace lost QM5 Service and add service to QB

I remember that proposal. The original proposal meant that QM4 weekend service would only run on Saturdays (and with no evening service; buses would operate from 7:10 AM to 5:10 PM to Midtown; 8:50 AM to 6:50 PM to Electchester), with the QM5 replacing it at all other times. I never proposed making the QM1 run on weekends; under that original proposal of mine, the QM6 would have been the only service during Saturday evenings and on Sundays along Union Turnpike. 

With an extension of the catchment area though, I would leave the current service as it is, to see how many more riders it gets per bus, and then see if it needs to be trimmed or not (if it gets trimmed, then the QM5 would replace whatever trip gets eliminated). Obviously, cutting trips in the AM to Queens are pointless if they go back to Manhattan anyway, so those would be kept. Same thing for Manhattan trips in the PM; if they go back to Queens, then they wouldn't be cut, no matter what the ridership levels on those buses are.

I remember that proposal. The original proposal meant that QM4 weekend service would only run on Saturdays (and with no evening service; buses would operate from 7:10 AM to 5:10 PM to Midtown; 8:50 AM to 6:50 PM to Electchester), with the QM5 replacing it at all other times. I never proposed making the QM1 run on weekends; under that original proposal of mine, the QM6 would have been the only service during Saturday evenings and on Sundays along Union Turnpike. 

With an extension of the catchment area though, I would leave the current service as it is, to see how many more riders it gets per bus, and then see if it needs to be trimmed or not (if it gets trimmed, then the QM5 would replace whatever trip gets eliminated). Obviously, cutting trips in the AM to Queens are pointless if they go back to Manhattan anyway, so those would be kept. Same thing for Manhattan trips in the PM; if they go back to Queens, then they wouldn't be cut, no matter what the ridership levels on those buses are.

It was a blend of your ideas with mine, however, the QM5 is doing well it's the QM6 that could use a few more riders. 

It was a blend of your ideas with mine, however, the QM5 is doing well it's the QM6 that could use a few more riders. 

While the QM6 has less riders than the QM5, I would just keep it as it is. I don't think it needs more riders; despite the overlap, it doesn't have the same situation as the BM4 (now that's a route that you can't do much with to increase Saturday ridership; the route largely overlaps the BM1 and BM3. It's not as if all 58 of those Saturday riders come from Nostrand and Gerritsen; a substantial amount of people also board along Ocean Avenue and Cortelyou, which makes it harder to defend keeping around). 

While the QM6 has less riders than the QM5, I would just keep it as it is. I don't think it needs more riders; despite the overlap, it doesn't have the same situation as the BM4 (now that's a route that you can't do much with to increase Saturday ridership; the route largely overlaps the BM1 and BM3. It's not as if all 58 of those Saturday riders come from Nostrand and Gerritsen; a substantial amount of people also board along Ocean Avenue and Cortelyou, which makes it harder to defend keeping around).

but in the case you move the QM5 to Jewels after QM4 service you end up cutting Unions service in half and 188th service too.

but in the case you move the QM5 to Jewels after QM4 service you end up cutting Unions service in half and 188th service too.

While that's true, it's only after a certain time. If the last bus is at 5:10 PM, then the first QM5 via Jewel would be the 5:30 PM. By that time, ridership along Union Turnpike towards Manhattan is low enough that the QM6 can deal with said loads by itself. So service would be every 30 minutes on Union Turnpike west until 5:24 PM, then every hour until that 9:24/8:24 departure. 30 minute headways from Manhattan would exist until 7:00 PM for riders west of 188 Street. Keep in mind that most riders use the bus past 188 Street too. That segment of Union Turnpike gets the same headways as a Bronx express route during the weekends, which is reasonable.

QM5's via Jewel would displace one stop (188 Street and 75 Avenue), and relocate 3 to the opposite side of the street. From 75 Avenue, you can walk to either the QM5 or QM6 (I'm pretty sure people do that currently), so there's even less of an impact for not directly serving that stop.

While that's true, it's only after a certain time. If the last bus is at 5:10 PM, then the first QM5 via Jewel would be the 5:30 PM. By that time, ridership along Union Turnpike towards Manhattan is low enough that the QM6 can deal with said loads by itself. So service would be every 30 minutes on Union Turnpike west until 5:24 PM, then every hour until that 9:24/8:24 departure. 30 minute headways from Manhattan would exist until 7:00 PM for riders west of 188 Street. Keep in mind that most riders use the bus past 188 Street too. That segment of Union Turnpike gets the same headways as a Bronx express route during the weekends, which is reasonable.

QM5's via Jewel would displace one stop (188 Street and 75 Avenue), and relocate 3 to the opposite side of the street. From 75 Avenue, you can walk to either the QM5 or QM6 (I'm pretty sure people do that currently), so there's even less of an impact for not directly serving that stop.

I don't support this at all... The current idea is clearly to have 30 minute headways off-peak via Union Turnpike and taking that away is a disservice to residents in the area.  The current set up is best.  I would keep the QM4 as is and let it serve more of Queens Blvd.

I don't support this at all... The current idea is clearly to have 30 minute headways off-peak via Union Turnpike and taking that away is a disservice to residents in the area. The current set up is best. I would keep the QM4 as is and let it serve more of Queens Blvd.

That's why I originally mentioned that I would let the QM4 serve more of Queens Boulevard, with the current amount of service provided, to increase ridership. Hopefully with that, ridership picks increases enough. If it somehow doesn't, then we all know what happens from there.

I will mention it again: If push comes to shove, kepp in mind that most off-peak riders on the QM5's and QM6's stay past 188 Street. Yeah, people will likely be affected, but not as much as say, an all day rerouting of the QM5 (which I will agree with you, is not recommended, but only during parts of the weekend).

That's why I originally mentioned that I would let the QM4 serve more of Queens Boulevard, with the current amount of service provided, to increase ridership. Hopefully with that, ridership picks increases enough. If it somehow doesn't, then we all know what happens from there.

I will mention it again: If push comes to shove, kepp in mind that most off-peak riders on the QM5's and QM6's stay past 188 Street. Yeah, people will likely be affected, but not as much as say, an all day rerouting of the QM5 (which I will agree with you, is not recommended, but only during parts of the weekend).

Too many re-routes can also deter ridership.  It confuses the riders.  We've already seen the mess that the "new" QM5 service has created.  Some of the CP B/Os are a trip as it is skipping stops and coming early.  They don't need more excuses to shaft riders of service.  I think there has been too much tinkling with the QM5 as it is and it isn't in an attempt to grow ridership.  The (MTA) is interested in cutting more express bus service in Queens where it can.  The QM4 is safe because of the run times, but the QM5 is long, and comes more frequently than the (MTA) would like. The QM6 on the other hand while long is less frequent.

Too many re-routes can also deter ridership.  It confuses the riders.  We've already seen the mess that the "new" QM5 service has created.  Some of the CP B/Os are a trip as it is skipping stops and coming early.  They don't need more excuses to shaft riders of service.  I think there has been too much tinkling with the QM5 as it is and it isn't in an attempt to grow ridership.  The (MTA) is interested in cutting more express bus service in Queens where it can.  The QM4 is safe because of the run times, but the QM5 is long, and comes more frequently than the (MTA) would like. The QM6 on the other hand while long is less frequent.

There are always alot of talks to continue to cut service on the 5/6 especially on weekends. I personally think a stop along queens blvd near Kew Gardens Station on the 1/5/6/7/8 could defer ridership from the F/E and onto express buses.