Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Service Change  Posted: 10/15/2014  6:00AM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Chambers St, northbound a.png trains are running on the f.png line from Jay St-MetroTech to W 4 St-Washington Square.

Allow additional travel time.

Delays  Posted: 10/15/2014  6:01AM 

Times Square-bound 7.png trains are running with delays due to a rail condition at Grand Central-42 St.

Due to signal problems at Wall St, southbound 2.png and 3.png trains are running with delays.

Some southbound 2.png trains are running on the 5.png line from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Nevins St.

Due to signal problems at Euclid Av, northbound a.png trains are running with delays.

Due to signal problems at 4 Av, southbound f.png and g.png trains are running with delays.

Due to signal problems at Hewes St, Broad St-bound j.png trains are running express from Myrtle Av to Marcy Av.

Due to signal problems at 8 St-NYU, southbound n.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

Must be a busy day for those signal maintainers.

Unbelievable disaster on the Lex during peak rush morning thanks to a switch issue at 42nd, my 6 was held at 28th St for 30 minutes. Saw two NIS R142 sets laid up on the Astor curve and at 14th. 5 got sent via the 2, last stop s/b on the 6 was 86 St for a while, and at one point around 7:40 all 4/5/6 service was suspended between BB and 86th n/b. People were losing it out there, I got to work 35 min late but the boss rolled in even later so I was off the hook.

Unbelievable disaster on the Lex during peak rush morning thanks to a switch issue at 42nd, my 6 was held at 28th St for 30 minutes. Saw two NIS R142 sets laid up on the Astor curve and at 14th. 5 got sent via the 2, last stop s/b on the 6 was 86 St for a while, and at one point around 7:40 all 4/5/6 service was suspended between BB and 86th n/b. People were losing it out there, I got to work 35 min late but the boss rolled in even later so I was off the hook.

Great timing. Wonder if your boss also was late from the Lex.

Service Change  Posted: 10/16/2014  7:44PM 

Due to signal problems at 81 St-Museum of Natural History, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound b.png trains are running with delays.

No c.png train service between 168 St and Euclid Av in both directions.

Service Change  Posted: 10/16/2014  7:38PM 

Due to a rail condition at 125 St, the service changes are as follows:

Southbound a.png and d.png trains are running local from 125 St to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Southbound a.pngb.png and d.png trains are running with delays.

No c.png train service between 168 St and Euclid Av in both directions.

IMO, whenever anything negative impacts anywhere along the 8 Av/Fulton/Rockaway stretch, it's always a good idea that the (C) gets sacrificed for the (A), since it's basically apart of the aforementioned route, and also, to not affect the other lines that don't have anything to do with the situation at hand - like 6 Av, including the part-time (B) and (M).

And even if the (A) does make every stop without its short version getting in the way and causing major delays at the bottlenecks, all stations will still have service anyway.

Obviously, they just wanted 18 trains per hour on CPW local instead of 24 trains per hour due to the rail condition at 125 St and signal problems at 81 St. Maybe that's the #1 reason why the (C) got cut entirely and the rest of the reasons were all secondary.

Delays  Posted: 10/17/2014  6:13AM 

Due to signal problems at 86 St, southbound 4.png and 5.png trains are running with delays.

Edited by RollOver

Service Change  Posted: 10/18/2014  4:04PM

Due to track maintenance at DeKalb Av, the following service changes are in effect:

d.png, n.png, q.png and r.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Some southbound n.png trains terminate at Canal St.

Some northbound q.png trains are terminating at 57 St-7 Av.

Some southbound r.png trains terminate at Whitehall St-South Ferry.

This comes at the bad time when the (7) is shutdown in Manhattan. Maybe they should had saved that when the (7) is running normal.

Okay, I'm looking for answers for the following:

(F) via (D) on Tuesday.

(F) train heavily delayed on the 63rd St line. 

I'm assuming it could be a signal problem or mechanical problems. Why you do really want to know about this?

Service Change  Posted: 10/18/2014  4:04PM

Due to track maintenance at DeKalb Av, the following service changes are in effect:

d.png, n.png, q.png and r.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Some southbound n.png trains terminate at Canal St.

Some northbound q.png trains are terminating at 57 St-7 Av.

Some southbound r.png trains terminate at Whitehall St-South Ferry.

This comes at the bad time when the (7) is shutdown in Manhattan. Maybe they should had saved that when the (7) is running normal.

I'm assuming it could be a signal problem or mechanical problems. Why you do really want to know about this?

Good thing I decided to stay home. I had my gym shorts in my bag ready to go an hour ago.

MTA Service Status

Service Change  Posted: 10/21/2014  7:17PM

Due to signal problems at East Broadway, some northbound f.png trains are running on the a.png line from Jay St-MetroTech to W 4 St-Washington Sq.

Service Change  Posted: 10/21/2014  6:21PM

Due to signal problems at 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Ctr, the following service changes are in effect:

Some northbound f.png trains are running on the g.png line from Bergen St to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

71 Av-bound m.png trains are running with delays.

What a nightmare for the (F) train riders.

MTA Service Status

Service Change Posted: 10/21/2014 7:17PM

Due to signal problems at East Broadway, some northbound f.png trains are running on the a.png line from Jay St-MetroTech to W 4 St-Washington Sq.

Service Change Posted: 10/21/2014 6:21PM

Due to signal problems at 47-50 Sts-Rockefeller Ctr, the following service changes are in effect:

Some northbound f.png trains are running on the g.png line from Bergen St to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

71 Av-bound m.png trains are running with delays.

What a nightmare for the (F) train riders.

Indeed.

But the F train woes spared the QBL.

For a while last evening all N/b service was local on the local because of a sick customer at Roosevelt. The Gap in F service meant this didn't cause bad delays, there was room for the E on the local. The subway giveth, and the subway taketh

Edited by itmaybeokay

Service Change  Posted: 10/24/2014  4:02AM 

Due to track maintenance at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound q.png trains are running local from Canal St to Dekalb Av.

Southbound d.png and n.png are bypassing Dekalb Av.

Southbound d.pngn.png and r.png trains are running express from Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to 36 St (BKLYN).

what station is in between canal and dekalb? NONE

Service Change  Posted: 10/24/2014  4:02AM 

Southbound q.png trains are running local from Canal St to Dekalb Av.

what station is in between canal and dekalb? NONE

It means it's running through the tunnel. (The Bridge is sort of like an express between those stations).

Service Change  Posted: 10/24/2014  3:11PM 

Due to signal problems at 74 St-Broadway,

Some Times Square-bound 7.png trains are running express from Mets-Willets Point to Queensboro Plz.

Flushing-Main St-bound 7.png trains are running local from Queensboro Plz to Mets-Willets Point.

Look like the rush hour express is on hold for now