Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

The current capacity problems with the L line are on the western end with the inadequate terminal at 8 Av, not on the eastern end. There's also no need for the M to run to Broadway Junction, much less past it towards Canarsie unless there's some kind of massive problem on Myrtle Ave. You have to keep in mind that these structures have maintenance costs and if they aren't used much if at all, there's no benefit for them to exist.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The current capacity problems with the L line are on the western end with the inadequate terminal at 8 Av, not on the eastern end. There's also no need for the M to run to Broadway Junction, much less past it towards Canarsie unless there's some kind of massive problem on Myrtle Ave. You have to keep in mind that these structures have maintenance costs and if they aren't used much if at all, there's no benefit for them to exist.

I have moved this discussion over to that for the SAS since it is relevant there and my response can be found there.

Edited by Wallyhorse

i bet you will be scratching your head with this service change

Service Change  Posted: 12/28/2014 12:35PM 

Due to a rail condition at 25 Av (BKLYN), northbound d.png trains are local from 36 St (BKLYN) to Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and northbound n.png trains are local from 59 St (BKLYN) to Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

Allow additional travel time.

due you suppose they meant 25 street on the express track?

Service Change[/size] [/size] Posted: 12/28/2014 12:35PM 

Due to a rail condition at 25 Av (BKLYN), northbound d.png trains are local from 36 St (BKLYN) to Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr and northbound n.png trains are local from 59 St (BKLYN) to Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

Who knows? Probably.

Service Change  Posted: 12/28/2014 12:35PM 

When there was a broken rail on the Brighton Express track a couple of weeks ago, they said the local station the broken rail was near and that  (B) trains was running local. Maybe its the same situation here.

Delays  Posted: 12/29/2014  9:58AM

Due to signal problems at 36 St (QNS), southbound e.png, f.png, m.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

Delays  Posted: 12/29/2014 10:25AM

Due to signal problems at 103 St, northbound 1.png trains are running with delays.

here another head scratching

Service Change  Posted: 12/29/2014  8:32PM 

Due to signal problems at Bay 50 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Some southbound d.png trains terminate at Bay Pkwy or Bay 50 St.

d.png and n.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

two separate line that don't come close together. Why is the N is affected???? WTF????
Edited by pjbr40

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Bowling Green, southbound 4.png trains are terminating at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall.

Southbound 5.png trains are terminating at Bowling Green.

Some southbound 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from 149 St-Grand Concourse to Nevins St.

As an alternative customers are advised to use the r.png train service in/out of Brooklyn.

Delays  Posted: 12/30/2014 11:23AM

Due to track maintenance at Coney Island-Stillwell Avd.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Service Change  Posted: 12/30/2014 11:21AM

Due to a rail condition at 39 Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound n.png trains are running express from Queensboro Plaza to Astoria-Ditmars Blvd.

There is no q.png train service between 57 St-7 Av and Astoria-Ditmars Blvd in both directions.

Shit, I'm stuck on this freaking (4) train at Brooklyn Bridge we had to bypass the station because there were 3 other trains behind us so we are stuck at City Hall Loop. A (5) train just got rerouted via the (4) to Woodlawn and a (4) just got rerouted to Neird Ave on the (2) via the (5) rush hour express on the uptown platform. It's chatoic down here! Help!!

Delays  Posted: 12/29/2014  9:58AM

Due to signal problems at 36 St (QNS), southbound e.png, f.png, m.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

That explains why my (F) train was so freakin' slow going through the tunnel. But wait, I saw two workers and flashing red lights on the express tracks. Can someone explain? Also, is it just me, or are there so many sudden reroutes of a train? I saw a (R) at Forest Hills saying it went via 63rd St. Probably it glitched because we met again and it said shuttle.

Edited by MTA Dude

Service Change  Posted: 12/31/2014  2:12PM 

Due to a crowd condition at 49 Stn.png and q.png trains are bypassing 49 St in both directions.

Already? Oh, wait. You only have the (R) now.

Service Change  Posted: 12/31/2014  2:04PM 

Due to track maintenance at Astoria-Ditmars Blvd, the following service changes are in effect:

Some northbound n.png trains are terminating at Times Sq-42 St.

Some northbound q.png trains are terminating at 57 St-7 Av.

Sounds like a bad time since today's New Year's Eve.

And more signal problems:

Delays  Posted: 12/31/2014  3:30PM 

Due to ongoing signal problems at Dyckman St, northbound 1.png trains are running with delays.

Delays  Posted: 12/31/2014  2:04PM 

Due to signal problems at Nevins St, southbound 4.png and 5.png trains are running with delays.

Delays  Posted: 12/31/2014  3:10PM 

Due to signal problems at 18 Av, northbound d.png trains are running with delays.

Edited by MTA Dude

I was wondering why Track 1 on the Shuttle is out of service.  My understanding is that they're doing track repairs of some sort, but it seems like it wasn't planned in advance.  Does anyone know the exact nature of the work being done there?