Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Service Change  Posted: 07/29/2014  5:53PM 

Due to signal problems at Broadway-Lafayette, the following service changes are in effect:

Some southbound f.png trains are running on the e.png line from Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av to W 4 St-Washington Sq.

Some southbound f.png trains are running on the a.png line from W 4 St-Washington Sq to Jay St-MetroTech.

There is no m.png train service between Forest Hills-71 Av and Delancey St-Essex St in both directions.

As an alternative for m.png service, customers are advised to take the f.png and r.png trains.

Southbound a.png and c.png trains are running with delays.

Allow additional travel time.

What's the point of sending (F) trains via the (E)?

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DOUBLE WHAMMY

Service Change  Posted: 07/31/2014  1:13PM 

Due to police investigation of a customer injury at Broadway- Lafayette:

In both directions b.png and d.png train service bypass Broadway- Lafayette.

Some northbound c.png train service running exp from Canal St to 59 St- Columbus Circle.

Northbound f.png via a.png from Jay St- MetroTech to W 4 St- Washington Sq.

Southbound f.png train service bypassing Broadway- Lafayette.

There is no m.png train service between Essex St and Forest Hills- 71 Av in both directions.

Service Change  Posted: 07/31/2014 12:35PM 

Due to NYPD activity at 36 St (Brooklyn),

Southbound d.png trains are running local from Dekalb Av to 36 St (Bklyn).

Southbound n.png trains are running local from DeKalb Av (Bklyn) to 59 St (Bklyn).

Delays  Posted: 07/31/2014 10:06PM 

Due to signal problems at Forest Hills-71 Av, northbound e.png and f.png trains are running with delays.

This actually started closer to 7:45pm. The local trains were fine but the express was horrible. The conductor suggested taking a local at Roosevelt, and many did. We actually caught up to the (F) that was in front of the (E) I was on. So why don't they just send the (E) and (F) local and the (M) and (R) express since there are less trains and there would be less delays for those lines?

Naa that would be very confusing.its a good idea though

Well (E) and (F) would make all normal stops without being delayed. Tell riders to use the (E) and (F) which are going local because of signal delays and send the (M) and (R) express and tell them there are heavy delays on the express tracks. 

You had express trains poking along Queens Blvd with a Local whizzing by every few mins, I think they can deal with a few confused riders than a bunch of people trapped between stations getting pissed especially when most have to get on a bus when they get to their stations.

Service Change  Posted: 08/02/2014  6:00PM 

Due to ongoing track maintenance at Forest Hills-71 Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound e.pngf.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

Some northbound r.png trains terminate at 57 St-7 Av

Service Change Posted: 08/02/2014 6:00PM

Due to ongoing track maintenance at Forest Hills-71 Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound e.png, f.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

Some northbound r.png trains terminate at 57 St-7 Av.

This was a [insert string of expletives].

I was trying to get home from Brooklyn - R train was fine NB until just shy of queens plaza. It then took 35 minutes to get to 36 street at which point I said f-this I'll walk.

I was in the head car and walked to the front to see what was going on - I heard rail control get on the radio and tell c/R's to tell customers to call and complain - then the c/r came on and told us to call and complain - and gave the number.

I know maintenance has to be done but geez if it's going to get that bad just tell me to take the bus.

I was trying to get home from Brooklyn - R train was fine NB until just shy of queens plaza. It then took 35 minutes to get to 36 street at which point I said f-this I'll walk.

I was in the head car and walked to the front to see what was going on - I heard rail control get on the radio and tell c/R's to tell customers to call and complain - then the c/r came on and told us to call and complain - and gave the number.

I know maintenance has to be done but geez if it's going to get that bad just tell me to take the bus.

Exactly this is my point about customer service. "Allow additional travel time" doesn't begin to tell the real situation. 

It's one thing when there is "train traffic" or "trains are running local" , it's another thing when there are EXTREME DELAYS and WORKERS ON THE TRACKS. One day it took 2 and a half hours (including the bus)to get home because of trackwork. If I took the (J) instead I would have gotten home probably an hour or more earlier including walking to the bus terminal from Jamaica Center and the bus ride.

Its nice that they want to keep service going but if you're going to get trapped for who knows how long , then just shut the line down and get the trackwork done.  

I feel you itmaybeokay. :( Edited by RollOver

Due to track maintenance at Flushing-Main St, the following service changes are in effect:

7.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Main St bound 7.png trains terminate at Mets-Willets Point.

As an alternative customers are advised to use Q48 bus service.

Great what a mess!!

Service Change  Posted: 08/10/2014 12:04AM

Due to problems with electronic platform gap fillers  at South Ferry, the following service changes are in effect:

select southbound 1.png trains are terminating at Chambers St

1.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Service Change Posted: 08/12/2014 3:48PM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Myrtle Av, the following service changes are in effect.

m.png train service has been suspended between Middle Village-Metropolitan Av and Forest Hills-71 Av in both directions.

There is no j.png train service between Marcy Av and Broadway Junction in both directions.

Did they really just give up on running the (M) line? Like they couldnt run the (M) from Forest Hills to 2nd Avenue?

What do they do with the equipment when they have to suspend an entire line like they tend to do with the (B)(C) or (M)?

Delays  Posted: 08/12/2014  4:04PM 

Due to a rail condition at Whitlock Av, southbound 6.png trains are running with delays.

Delays  Posted: 08/12/2014  4:26PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Canal St, northbound a.png and c.png trains are running with delays.

Service Change Posted: 08/12/2014 3:48PM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Myrtle Av, the following service changes are in effect.

m.png train service has been suspended between Middle Village-Metropolitan Av and Forest Hills-71 Av in both directions.

There is no j.png train service between Marcy Av and Broadway Junction in both directions.

Did they really just give up on running the (M) line? Like they couldnt run the (M) from Forest Hills to 2nd Avenue?

What do they do with the equipment when they have to suspend an entire line like they tend to do with the  (B)(C) or (M)?

What I'd like to believe is that what's posted on the website is not indicative of exactly what's going on. There may have in fact been M trains running to 2 Av, but it's posted as though service is completely suspended on the M so riders aren't looking for M trains. They'll hop on the R, F and J for alternate service, rather than piling on to the probably very delayed M train that pulls into the station.

Of course, I'm probably wrong, so don't quote me on this.