Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The (C) is still running. I was on the (A) not too long ago and they said there was a fire at Chambers, which I believe, caused all southbound trains to run via the (F) to Jay Street. But I doubt all trains were running local on the entire (A) route.

Service Change  Posted: 06/13/2014  7:14PM 

Due to switch problems at Bergen St, the following service changes are in effect:

Some southbound f.png trains terminate at 2 Av.

Some southbound f.png trains are running on the d.png line from Bway-Lafayette to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Allow additional travel time.

Ey we've been getting many surprises this week huh?

R32/R68 (A)

(B) / (D) via Culver and Broadway

(M) to Euclid

(F) via West End

Which reminds me, how do the (B) trains get to Brighton if it comes from Culver, does it have to terminate at Avenue X and go via yard?

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

Delays  Posted: 06/14/2014  2:01PM 

Due to track maintenance between Queens Plaza and Van Wyck Blvde.pngf.png and r.png train service is running with delays in both directions.

Service Change  Posted: 06/14/2014  2:00PM 

Due to track maintenance at 62 St, northbound d.png trains are running express from Bay 50 St to 9 Av,

Which reminds me, how do the (B) trains get to Brighton if it comes from Culver, does it have to terminate at Avenue X and go via yard?

Mega-foam if it stays in service through the yard to Brighton Beach. Avenue X, Coney Island, West 8 Street, Ocean Parkway, Brighton Beach

Mega-foam if it stays in service through the yard to Brighton Beach. Avenue X, Coney Island, West 8 Street, Ocean Parkway, Brighton Beach

It doesn't. I believe it has to double back if it goes via the yard.

I just realized this now. Must have been interesting a few weeks ago when the (B) and (D) were going via Culver.

LOL of course.

Delays  Posted: 06/16/2014 10:06AM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems on the express track at Howard Beach-JFK Airport, northbound a.png trains are running with delays.

Allow additional travel time

Service Change  Posted: 06/16/2014 10:05AM 

Due to NYPD activity at Howard Beach-JFK Airport, northbound a.png trains are bypassing the Howard Beach-JFK Airport Station.

Delays  Posted: 06/16/2014 10:05AM 

Due to signal problems at Nostrand Av, southbound a.png trains are running with delays.

Will NEVER happen. We aren't authorized to carry customers through Coney Island Yard. It will go out of service at Kings Highway or Ave X. Sometimes a train will remain in service straight to Stillwell on tk 5/6 and then will swing around north of the station to get back to tks 1-4 if it was a (B) or (Q) . In the case of the (D) , it will just next make its next trip to 205 from 5/6.

And yes, you can get from Ave X to Brighton Beach via the yard without reversing direction.

Edited by Snowblock

Liability issues, right?

I don't see what the liability might be since it's not really any different than the (N) traveling through the yard on revenue trackage. Rather, blocking the yard tracks with revenue service trains might be the real issue. Revenue service operates in one direction per track, but yard moves need the freedom of bidirectional movement. (Though if they're taking the train through the yard anyway to Coney Island in rare circumstances, it's still a wonder why passengers have to be removed first.) Edited by CenSin

The (N) uses mainline track that happens to pass between two years (not really throught the yard).

Yars tracks, like the ones used to enter Stillwell through "the back door", that move is called, aren't protected by block signals, and passenger service must have block signals (that indicate the track ahead is occupied, and can activate the emergency brake if passed).

One move through a yeard that is protected by block signals and thus allowed is through part of 180th St. yard as an alternate way for the (2) to get into the station.

Edited by Eric B

Delays  Posted: 06/18/2014  9:58AM 

Due to a temporary power loss system wide, expect delays on all lines. Allow additional travel time.

My friend pressed a little red button on the dishwasher around that time. The lights flickered for a moment. Hope it wasn't her fault...

Service Change  Posted: 06/23/2014  6:28PM 

Due to a rail condition at 36 St (Qns), the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound e.png trains are running local from Queens Plaza to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Northbound f.png trains are running local from 36 St (Qns) to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Some 71 Av-bound m.png trains are running on the j.png line from Delancey St-Essex St to Chambers St and terminate.

Northbound r.png trains are running with delays.

Service Change  Posted: 06/23/2014  6:03PM 

Due to signal problems at Broadway Junction, northbound a.png trains are running local from Euclid Av to Broadway Junction.

Delays  Posted: 06/23/2014  6:02PM 

Due to a signal problems at Forest Hills-71 Av. southbound e.png and f.png trains are running with delays.