Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

CAM00055.jpg

Not sure if I'm posting this right but bus #2440

Picture is sideways as I can't figure out how to fix it on NY phone. That's the horn. Left directional. High beam. Right directional.

Now as far as the speakeasy and emergency button those are in the usually place the same as the local busses

Wow. That's interesting. Yes Ur in a prevost I see the steering wheel adjustment button above.

Well fellas.

Training is canceled 2morro because of this storm, returning thursday and we're making up the day on Saturday. .

And 2morro was day 7!

That blows

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI IRONBOUNDNJT WHEN DID THEY CALL U FOR MEDICAL I DID MY DRUGSTEST LAST FRIDAY TOGETHER WITH U JERSEYBOY

Didn't they tell u they will call u for medical between 2 and 90 days?

Wow. That's interesting. Yes Ur in a prevost I see the steering wheel adjustment button above.

Well fellas.

Training is canceled 2morro because of this storm, returning thursday and we're making up the day on Saturday. .

And 2morro was day 7!

That blows

Wow tough luck. I start monday and might be a huge storm sunday into monday so Feb 10 people might be in same boat.

Wannabe you were saying it takes awhile for them to get u the DMV road test? What do u do in the meantime? Drive with a senior driver til road test? We do that for awhile in the beginning anyway right?

And 2morro was day 7!

That blows

What is more interesting is that I just watched the forecast on ABC 7's First @ 4 Newscast, and it is going to primarily be a rain storm after some early morning snow...

Wow.

Didn't they tell u they will call u for medical between 2 and 90 days?

Wow tough luck. I start monday and might be a huge storm sunday into monday so Feb 10 people might be in same boat.

Wannabe you were saying it takes awhile for them to get u the DMV road test? What do u do in the meantime? Drive with a senior driver til road test? We do that for awhile in the beginning anyway right?

In the meanwhile Ur line training.

That's what my superintendent says

What is more interesting is that I just watched the forecast on ABC 7's First @ 4 Newscast, and it is going to primarily be a rain storm after some early morning snow...

Wow.

Yeah but its heavy snow from midnight til like 7am...then sleet and freezing rain...by the time its warm enough for plain rain it the precipitation may be over with

Gotcha

Yeah but its heavy snow from midnight til like 7am...then sleet and freezing rain...by the time its warm enough for plain rain it the precipitation may be over with

Gotcha

F all that. Tomorrow was day 7. And my superintendent is going on vacation thursday.....so I ain't even Gunna have him for my day 7 evaluation....I already figured thus guy out and learned his way.....

I don't think so, because according to previous posts, we do not do any driving on February 10th, it's just paperwork, videos, assignments, distribution of passes and that's it. In addition, if you look at the 10-day forecast on weather.com, as of 5:15 PM it's going to be dry Tuesday and Wednesday, with a 40% chance of either rain or snow on February 13th, so we might be impacted by that...

F all that. Tomorrow was day 7. And my superintendent is going on vacation thursday.....so I ain't even Gunna have him for my day 7 evaluation....I already figured thus guy out and learned his way.....

Ouch! Good luck WannaBe!

I don't think so, because according to previous posts, we do not do any driving on Day 1, it's just paperwork, videos, assignments, distribution of passes and that's it.

I must correct u .

The day u go to zerega IS NOT included in your 7 day training.

Day 1 is the next day after Zerega.

Day 1 u will b driving

I must correct u .

The day u go to zerega IS NOT included in your 7 day training.

Day 1 is the next day after Zerega.

Day 1 u will b driving

Thanks...I got them confused, however HR told us to report to Zerega on February 10th, so I don't think we will be driving that day anyway...

Thanks...I got them confused, however HR told us to report to Zerega on February 10th, so I don't think we will be driving that day anyway...

Correct.

Be prepared to spend 6 hours filling out 5 pieces of paper with the same info.

Then lunch.

Then outdated safety videos.

Then hand out passes and depot assignments.

How's training going fellas....

Interesting

Wow. That's interesting. Yes Ur in a prevost I see the steering wheel adjustment button above.Well fellas.Training is canceled 2morro because of this storm, returning thursday and we're making up the day on Saturday. .And 2morro was day 7!That blows

That's good for you I think. If your day 7 is in the city . less traffic for you ... Good luck.

And for the guys that don't make it on 7 don't stress it a lot of people make it on 9 like myself. Out of my group that started at 52ppl. I think 15 made it on 7 and 18 made it between 9/10 the other 20 didn't make the cut

I don't think so, because according to previous posts, we do not do any driving on February 10th, it's just paperwork, videos, assignments, distribution of passes and that's it. In addition, if you look at the 10-day forecast on weather.com, as of 5:15 PM it's going to be dry Tuesday and Wednesday, with a 40% chance of either rain or snow on February 13th, so we might be impacted by that...

Ouch! Good luck WannaBe!

Correct we don't be driving that day but if mass transit shuts down then who knows....the long range forecasts are pretty irrelevant. Yesterdays storm wasn't on the 7 day forecast until 24-36 hours prior.

Correct we don't be driving that day but if mass transit shuts down then who knows....the long range forecasts are pretty irrelevant. Yesterdays storm wasn't on the 7 day forecast until 24-36 hours prior.

How often does mass transit completely shut down over a snowstorm? There have only been two times this happened - for Hurricanes. In addition, I just heard on the TV that the weekend snowstorm is not going to come all at one time like the others.

Finally, in inclement weather, MTA employees are required to go to work anyway, right? Even if this means sitting around in the depot and playing cards with co-workers or reading a book, right?

That's good for you I think. If your day 7 is in the city . less traffic for you ... Good luck.

And for the guys that don't make it on 7 don't stress it a lot of people make it on 9 like myself. Out of my group that started at 52ppl. I think 15 made it on 7 and 18 made it between 9/10 the other 20 didn't make the cut

Dude. My 6 days been in the city....I'm training outta Quill

I'm jus mad cuz my superintendent is going on vacation thursday. And Thursday is my day 7 since they canceled 2morro and making it up Saturday.

Now I got a new instructor to impress on day 7

How often does mass transit completely shut down over a snowstorm? There have only been two times this happened - for Hurricanes. In addition, I just heard on the TV that the weekend snowstorm is not going to come all at one time like the others.

Finally, in inclement weather, MTA employees are required to go to work anyway, right? Even if this means sitting around in the depot and playing cards with co-workers or reading a book, right?

When it exceeds a foot they shut down...which is what they are saying initially for this storm.

Now I got a new instructor to impress on day 7

This means that if you do not pass on day 7, you have to impress yet another Superintendent for days 8 and 9? Wow...

Also, on behalf of everyone reading this thread, I appreciate your posts on the previous page to help us get through the process.

Do you have any tips for us figuring out our instructor?

This means that if you do not pass on day 7, you have to impress yet another Superintendent for days 8 and 9? Wow...

Also, on behalf of everyone reading this thread, I appreciate your posts on the previous page to help us get through the process.

Do you have any tips for us figuring out our instructor?

If u get Castaldo, jus make sure there's a GiGi's Cafe close by. Lmao. He loves that place.

I guess use your inner detective to figure him/her out....As u would anyone u meet for the first time. Jus don't come off cocky or too much an.....ass kisser. Lol. Didn't kno another word for it

Fellas, TA will not be shutting down! LOL! As an operator you MUST report, no matter what! Just listen to the media how they stress to everyone to use mass transit. There's plenty of chains for the buses... And driving with them suck cause you are told not to exceed 20mph and the noise... You go home with a headache! Now they might reschedule the orientation class if it gets really bad. Good luck!

Fellas, TA will not be shutting down! LOL! As an operator you MUST report, no matter what! Just listen to the media how they stress to everyone to use mass transit. There's plenty of chains for the buses... And driving with them suck cause you are told not to exceed 20mph and the noise... You go home with a headache! Now they might reschedule the orientation class if it gets really bad. Good luck!

I couldn't pass 15..the vibrations inside the bus were horrible and it was rattling my mirrors

In the meanwhile Ur line training.

That's what my superintendent says

How many times do they give you to past dmv road test? If you passed day 7, or 8 and 9?

because it looks like I still gotta wait for new list number because mta screwed up and they haven't sent the new list numbers to dcas yet.

So that gives me time to get my cdl license this month.

How many times do they give you to past dmv road test? If you passed day 7, or 8 and 9?because it looks like I still gotta wait for new list number because mta screwed up and they haven't sent the new list numbers to dcas yet.So that gives me time to get my cdl license this month.

If you qualify on days 7 and 9, you have two chances to pass te DMV road test. You must pay twice though. If you qualify on day 10, you have one chance.

If u get Castaldo, jus make sure there's a GiGi's Cafe close by. Lmao. He loves that place.I guess use your inner detective to figure him/her out....As u would anyone u meet for the first time. Jus don't come off cocky or too much an.....ass kisser. Lol. Didn't kno another word for it

9am banana, 11am prunes. Or vice versa? Lol.... Hands down great instructor though.

How many times do they give you to past dmv road test? If you passed day 7, or 8 and 9?

because it looks like I still gotta wait for new list number because mta screwed up and they haven't sent the new list numbers to dcas yet.

So that gives me time to get my cdl license this month.

From reading prior posts, if you passed training on days 7 or 9 you get two times. If you pass training on day 10 you get 1 try.

I would have gotten my CDL, however the college term ended the week before Christmas. The same week they called me for a second drug test and they wanted me back on December 31st for medical and possibly final processing. Now, if I knew I was going to be placed on medical hold, which took close a month to clear , then I would have gotten the CDL with all of the free time I had. However, like someone else said to me several times, you can't look back...

If you qualify on days 7 and 9, you have two chances to pass te DMV road test. You must pay twice though. If you qualify on day 10, you have one chance.

Thanks man

oh I didn't know you pay out of your pocket.

so if you I get my cdl license this month, do I still have to take dmv again for mta?

Thanks man

oh I didn't know you pay out of your pocket.

so if you I get my cdl license this month, do I still have to take dmv again for mta?

If you get your CDL prior to training, you do not have to take the road test again with the MTA.

Archived