Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 1st time you drove the bus how shell shocked were you? Or did you find it easier than you tought?

I drove a school bus b4 mta. Driving the bus wasn't the problem. It was the turns and keeping the 4ft to my right.

I don't want to be a bother but what's the pivot points can u please explain?

If you watch the YouTube clip (

) starting at 2 minutes and 10 seconds, it will describe what a pivot point is. The only difference between the RV that they use and the city buses is that the city buses are longer in length and you do not have to watch out for the "tail swing" (start watching the clip at 2 minutes if you want to find out what that term means).

Also, if you go to http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34980-bus-operator-exam-2613-questions/page-422 post #4216, the seventh page refers to the pivot point briefly when making a hook or "S" turn.

Hope this helps.

Received the pre employment application and I am required to show up Monday to Brooklyn for the pre employment process. The only issue i have is that i have not acquired my CDL and Passenger endorsement permit.

Does anyone know if MTA allows you to acquire this while on the process?

Received the pre employment application and I am required to show up Monday to Brooklyn for the pre employment process. The only issue i have is that i have not acquired my CDL and Passenger endorsement permit.

Does anyone know if MTA allows you to acquire this while on the process?

U need to get the CDL permit right away. They wont start processing you. Just having the paper receipt is fine and u can take the test over and over again the same day, $5 each part u need to take. Its multiple choice. Why didnt u get it?

U need to get the CDL permit right away. They wont start processing you. Just having the paper receipt is fine and u can take the test over and over again the same day, $5 each part u need to take. Its multiple choice. Why didnt u get it?

i didnt get it cause i thought i was gonna be a while before they called me. It only took 1 year :(

At the DMV you are only allowed to take one test session a day at the location. But you can take it at another location if you fail the first attempt on the same day. So let say you decided to take the CDL General Knowledge , Air Brake and Passenger at Coney Island DMV and you fail the exam or one of it, You can retake it again, but it will have to be at another location on the same day. My advice is to go very EARLY in the morning. Therefore if you fail, you have enough time to head to another Testing site. 

When I took my Permit the first time, It took me 2 tries. I failed at the Coney Island Location and retake it at 34 street the same day and passed it.... Study Study Study and Good Luck!

At the DMV you are only allowed to take one test session a day at the location. But you can take it at another location if you fail the first attempt on the same day. So let say you decided to take the CDL General Knowledge , Air Brake and Passenger at Coney Island DMV and you fail the exam or one of it, You can retake it again, but it will have to be at another location on the same day. My advice is to go very EARLY in the morning. Therefore if you fail, you have enough time to head to another Testing site. 

When I took my Permit the first time, It took me 2 tries. I failed at the Coney Island Location and retake it at 34 street the same day and passed it.... Study Study Study and Good Luck!

this isn't true. I don't know why they had you do it like that. You can take it as many times at the same location. I sat there and took it multiple times on the same day/location. I took it Oct 2014. Also confirmed with a DMV employee. 

this isn't true. I don't know why they had you do it like that. You can take it as many times at the same location. I sat there and took it multiple times on the same day/location. I took it Oct 2014. Also confirmed with a DMV employee. 

What DMV did you go to?  I know a few people went through the same process when they failed. In order to retake it the same day they had to go to another DMV location to retake the test the same day, otherwise You would have to return back the next day.  What DMV did you go to?

What DMV did you go to?  I know a few people went through the same process when they failed. In order to retake it the same day they had to go to another DMV location to retake the test the same day, otherwise You would have to return back the next day.  What DMV did you go to?

Staten Island

Hey ed101 whats your list number??? (example 24**)

I am number 2537 on the list i am gonna go monday and see what they say. I will definitely depending on how long monday takes. I will prob go take the permit monday afternoon. Have been practicing questions. Hopefully they can process me sooner once i get the permit.

Staten Island

Hmmm... Maybe Staten Island is different. Both Brooklyn and Manhattan had the same rules regarding taking the test twice in one day at the same location if you fail. 

I am number 2537 on the list i am gonna go monday and see what they say. I will definitely depending on how long monday takes. I will prob go take the permit monday afternoon. Have been practicing questions. Hopefully they can process me sooner once i get the permit.

Good Luck Ed101  Most likely they will not continue with you tomorrow at Livingston. But you will have to go get that permit ASAP and when you do get it, Try to get your list number reinstated. That happen to a friend of mines that did not have his permit, and he had to reinstate his list number after  he received his permit.

Archived