Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did you mess up on the yellow light, so I can be aware of it. @heartofnyc.

yellow light equals red light in transits eyes..such a pain the ass,better off just stopping when unsure so u know. I remember there was a light on 3rd ave it counted down from 22 i got there at 14 and shit started to change..was so pissed and I went through it - instructor didn't see it.

yellow light equals red light in transits eyes..such a pain the ass,better off just stopping when unsure so u know. I remember there was a light on 3rd ave it counted down from 22 i got there at 14 and shit started to change..was so pissed and I went through it - instructor didn't see it.

very true about the yellow lights... And I wasn't as lucky as you

@heartofnyc. Why weren't you lucky. Can u pls explain what's happened to you? I'm trying to become aware so I can do well during training. Were you disqualified? Or did you qualify?

I got cought in Yellow light on day 6 so I had to go to day 8 & 9. I qualified on day 9

I got cought in Yellow light on day 6 so I had to go to day 8 & 9. I qualified on day 9

Congrats....I start training Monday.... Very nervous

@heartofnyc. Why weren't you lucky. Can u pls explain what's happened to you? I'm trying to become aware so I can do well during training. Were you disqualified? Or did you qualify?

Are you in the 1/26 class?

Congrats....I start training Monday.... Very nervous

You'll be alright just take your time. With the new speed limit 25 it helps out there plus not including highways they can't penalize you for going too slow. You unsure of a situation bring your bus to a complete stop. There are a few Supt. out there that forget their initial goal is to teach you the MTA way and encourage you to do things that may not be the most ideal move for the situation, I'm not saying they'll purposely lead you wrong now but that some at moments will allow their driver side overrule their Supt side. I'm not saying argue with them but don't be hesitant to simply reply that you felt your actions were the safest thing to do in that moment. Now don't go saying that after gunning a yellow or mounting a curb now lol. Keep the above in mind, soak in what and how your Supt wants you to maneuver your bus, stay slow and scan your mirrors and before you know training will be a distant memory

For everyone in training while all boros have them manhattan has the most, and this is traffic lights that turn yellow before the counter turns 0. And they vary based on street I've seen some turn as low as 6 and one turned at 10 on me during training around Central Park. Be careful out there

For all those starting training soon. Mirrors, mirrors, mirrrors. Move your body back and forth scanning your mirrors. Keep your 4 ft from either the cars or the curb. Always block your right side. When your ready to turn slow down, line up the curb with the pole on the inside of the bus and then start your turn. If the turn is acute line up your bumper with the curb on your left and then start to turn. Push and pull! Memorize your pre trip and alsaps! Watch for the blinker before crossing the light. If it blinks slow down and don't risk going through a yellow. It's the same as a red for them. Backing up and parking is easy just take it slow. Make sure to see your back tire touch the ground and and your two blinkers in your flat mirror on your right. Don't ever use the convex curved mirror. Call out everything you see, even the squirrel behind your bus. Watch for pedestrians, bicyclists, cars that fly out on your right sometimes and don't get nervous. Think about your every move! Always forward plan! Good luck to all!

Good morning. I'm suppose to show up for pre-interview and drug testing tomorrow at 730am, but due to the weather and me living out of state I need to post-pone it. Will they take my number out the list permanently if I don't show up? If so, is there a way to put my number back to the list? Any help is appreciated thank you.

The 1/26 class starts training on Thursday. I was lucky enough to stay in my borough. I'll b in queens village.

Lucky. I had to go from my home in the northern part of Queens to Flatbush Depot in Brooklyn...yuck...

Good luck @Dre87!!

Archived