Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many unions cover mta? I know about twu100 and atu. And what are the difference between them?

Nothing major. TWU is Manhattan Bronx Brooklyn - ATU is SI & Queens.SI is ATU 726 and Queens is ATU 1156 ( believe that's the #, could be wrong ) . When it is time to negotiate a contract TWU usually takes the lead and then ATU follows suit right after. For example this most recent contract TWU finalized in May ATU in October. TWU is bigger within the MTA but ATU is far larger, it is global. Represents a ton of different groups in different countries. I was in both. I would have to say ATU is more personable. My 2 months in TWU I never met the president, but in ATU I met him within the 1st week & see him fairly often. Either way both are great and are there to back you up ( more so after your probation is over ) 

How many unions cover mta? I know about twu100 and atu. And what are the difference between them?

here is a thread I found. 

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/45480-main-differences-between-the-unions-of-the-atu-and-twu/

i will reinstate my name on the list in august 2015, i didnt get in because of my DUI back in aug 2010 and mta told me i have to wait 5 years..i have my CDL permit and it will expire in July.,..can i renew my permit? so i can be prepared when i go back to 180 livingston?

believe you can, inquire with the DMV. I would just go get the license if your able too - takes pressure off you to just pass the MTA training instead  of both MTA training & DMV road test. 

I start new class on 23rd. Can you guys help me with any pointers, What I have too watch out for, how is driving test?

Absolutely anything That would help me through this 10 days.

there is tons of info in this thread covering everything. Take the time to read through. Wealth of knowledge in here.

Guys,

Quick question.  I know you have to list all of your previous employers.  For the last couple of years I have been self employed and need to file my taxes.  How deep do they go regarding the background check?  Will this be held against me?

Guys,

Quick question. I know you have to list all of your previous employers. For the last couple of years I have been self employed and need to file my taxes. How deep do they go regarding the background check? Will this be held against me?

You have to go back 10 years for work history & it can't show no breaks in between.

Guys,

Quick question.  I know you have to list all of your previous employers.  For the last couple of years I have been self employed and need to file my taxes.  How deep do they go regarding the background check?  Will this be held against me?

Wont be held against you. Just have your last 10 yrs employment ready.

I start new class on 23rd. Can you guys help me with any pointers, What I have too watch out for, how is driving test?

Absolutely anything That would help me through this 10 days.

Like I said previously, the Supt. I had out of Flatbush let us 'borrow' a book which contained a lot of valuable knowledge. The pages for this book are at post #3038, which can be found at http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34980-bus-operator-exam-2613-questions/page-304. The last two images contain the pre-trip checkoff list for both the exterior and interior, which will come in handy on days 4 and 7. My suggestion: try to memorize it.

@Dennis718, Welcome to NYCTF. Could you please share with us your partial list number (e.g. 98**)?

This will give our fellow members an understanding where HR is in the hiring process.

@jmp Just for clarification, are you on Exam 2613? I know you're on 4600 per a previous post. If on the 2613 list could you please share your partial list number? Also in regards to your question, I would either have copies of your tax returns or request the transcripts from the IRS, just in case. Depending on your corporate structure, if you are 1099, LLC etc., and you are hyper-paranoid, maybe an accountant could perform a review or compilation for you.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Thanks! & Good Luck !!

@Dennis718, Welcome to NYCTF. Could you please share with us your partial list number (e.g. 98**)?

This will give our fellow members an understanding where HR is in the hiring process.

@jmp Just for clarification, are you on Exam 2613? I know you're on 4600 per a previous post. If on the 2613 list could you please share your partial list number? Also in regards to your question, I would either have copies of your tax returns or request the transcripts from the IRS, just in case. Depending on your corporate structure, if you are 1099, LLC etc., and you are hyper-paranoid, maybe an accountant could perform a review or compilation for you.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Thanks! & Good Luck !!

This is all uneccesary.

Everyone don't worry about tax returns. You don't need it.

Should you list jobs that were off the books on your 10 year work history

You can. I did.

Most important thing is just having the 10 years lined up. Dates covering the full 10 year period. If you were unemployed, put that.

You're right, I'm on the 4600 list but thought it might be better to post it on the 2613 blog since this list is already in motion and people would have more input.  I used to work for OA out of the Amsterdam depot from 99-00 but resigned.  Just trying to refresh my memory.  Looks like things haven't changed with the city as far as moving at a glacial pace.

You're right, I'm on the 4600 list but thought it might be better to post it on the 2613 blog since this list is already in motion and people would have more input. I used to work for OA out of the Amsterdam depot from 99-00 but resigned. Just trying to refresh my memory. Looks like things haven't changed with the city as far as moving at a glacial pace.

Im just curious but why did you resigned?

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with being reinstated on a list I went down on dec 26 to be reinstated on the 2613 list . So yesterday I called the mta hr to make sure I'm indeed active on the list and ready to go and I was informed that she didn't have the updated list she won't get it from dcas until 2 to 3 months so my question here is did she mean 2 to 3 months from when I reinstated my name or 2 to 3 months from yesterday because they send out a updated list every couple months ?

Archived