Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

ame="Dre87" post="728169" timestamp="1384188109"]

Was mailed to the Long Island address, it's a very confusing question....because I was reading in the booklet you might have to move after one year if appointed..... But I'll read it closer maybe I misread it....I'll put yes because on the notice of examination they stated you aren't required to move into NYC

U dont need to live in NYC.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What ticks me off is that if u have pending violations they want them paid. I pled not guilty on a failure to signal ticket and have to go to DMV court 11/27 but I report for the MTA tomorrow. I can beat this ticket because its BS, failure to signal meanwhile the cop said I signaled but it was too late. These cops on Staten Island are scumbags, I told the cop I expect to hear from the MTA for a job very soon and that I really need to keep my license clean and that I haven't had a moving violation in 10 years...he still comes back with a ticket. Meanwhile I was in my company vehicle I was working and in Park Hill, u mean there isn't a worse crime over there that u could be preventing? Now I'm in a tough spot because do not want to pay the city/state whoever the hell gets this money ($138 ) because I believe I can beat the ticket, I wish my court date was before I report.....

This is exactly my story. Only I did not have anything since like 2005. Anyhow, you have NO CHANCE. Here on SI nobody even gonna listen to you. My friendly advice: Pay It and Forget It.

My ticket was $75. After the court I paid $155.

Dude u should have requested to move the date up. I had a left lane violation ticket because I had my bus in left lane to dodge a car almost falling off an auto carrier....CT State Trooper didnt care n still wrote me a ticket. I called and had my date moved up from 1/2014 to last week....after witness accounts...charges dropped

That's nice move! I never did that before.

nycpip6,

I would fight that ticket If you don't have any points. That ticket will give you 2 points and it will stay on your record for 36-48 Month. And if your planing to become a  B/O you can only have 4 points. So if you get them 2 points already.  You need to stay clean because if you get hit with a 3 or 4 points ticket your done.

That's true. But shit happens. If he was clean for ages most likely he's not gonna get anything in near future. Just be careful. That's it.

nycpip6,

I would fight that ticket If you don't have any points. That ticket will give you 2 points and it will stay on your record for 36-48 Month. And if your planing to become a  B/O you can only have 4 points. So if you get them 2 points already.  You need to stay clean because if you get hit with a 3 or 4 points ticket your done.

That's true. But shit happens. If he was clean for ages most likely he's not gonna get anything in near future. Just be careful. That's it.

You know what crazy , all of us was waiting for mta to call and now we get what we want and our stuff is not together. We had 10 month to fix our stuff up and now it's panic mode. They say be careful what you ask for.

That's cuz ppl wasn't expecting to get called so soon. I got all my sh*t together for when I get my letter in the mail.

You know what crazy , all of us was waiting for mta to call and now we get what we want and our stuff is not together. We had 10 month to fix our stuff up and now it's panic mode. They say be careful what you ask for.

In my case i've been preparing for this for two years. Going to court and getting Certificates of Relief, completedDoe Fund's Ready Willing & Able program, a Job Readiness class, a Financial Management class (which informed me and lead me to being able to take out my first bank loan with a credit union which I satisfied and completed all my payments for the sole purpose of making an effort to improve my credit), I've taken a fire guard and a fire safety coordinator class and went to take both exams (which I passed) and have been certified in both positions), I've taken a computer program class and earned a certificate there as well. I enrolled in Metropolitan Trucking Institute and earned my class A cdl with Tankers, Passengers, School Bus, Doubles & Triple trailers endorsements, been staying out of trouble and not getting any new convictions. But as a result of all this what do I get??? The same thing I always got (even before I picked up a misdemeanor record). I bring all my dispositions to Trans Care Access-A-Ride tell them the truth about my past and practically beg for an opportunity. So they know what to expect to see when my background check comes back right? So I pass the road test they give, the obstical course as well, I pass the BOSS EXAM ( cause Trans- Care Access A Ride gives them too) I pass their two weeks training class, show up every day on time, and most of all they send you to get finger printed cause they are categorized as school bus. So you have to get finger printed which goes up to Albany who then makes the decision on granting you your 19A certification. Surprising to me Albany certifies me. So Hallelujah all good right??? Are you kidding??? They do a separate background check on everyone whith an independent company. What for? When Albany alredy ran a federal check on you through your finger prints (which they pay for) then they grant you the 19A certificate which qualifies you to drive school children to school or anywhere else they're going. Well this independent company RED FLAGS me on the basis of my misdemeanors which are all petty. After being up front about everything and giving them my dispositions and going through two silver and gold weeks of training. Without doing anything wrong- they let me go!!! STORY OF MY LIFE (EVEN BEFORE I HAD A PETTY RECORD). So HERE I GO AGAIN!!! UNDER REVIEW opposed to taking the drug and alcohol test. Even though my record does not disqualify my being more than capable of performing the duties of driving a bus. I score a 90% get a great list number, to 180 Livingston with everything they ask for AND THE F*****G STORY OF MY LIFE IS GOING TO TAKE FULL EFFECT all over AGAINNNNN!!!!! Yeah ok....people say its going to work out everything will be OK!!!! I've heard it all before. I've become homeless and can't get a decent job! Society has held me on theropes all my life. No one seems to want to give me a day or a chance. So what am I making all my good efforts and prparing for? Another door to SLAM ON MY FACE!!! What am I supposed to do? Remain homeless? Go hungry? Resort back to old behavior to get a next meal or change my undergarments? WTF man!!!! Society, Society, Society!!!

This is exactly my story. Only I did not have anything since like 2005. Anyhow, you have NO CHANCE. Here on SI nobody even gonna listen to you. My friendly advice: Pay It and Forget It.

My ticket was $75. After the court I paid $155.

yeah mine is $50 with $88 in surcharges lol...I'm just going to see when I report tomorrow what they want me to do. If they want me to just pay it, then I will pay it on the spot. 

yeah mine is $50 with $88 in surcharges lol...I'm just going to see when I report tomorrow what they want me to do. If they want me to just pay it, then I will pay it on the spot. 

It's your ticket they not gonna tell you what to do with it,they just cant process you until you fix it

While at work today I was on break and to the people thats familiar with the bronx I was by the last stop of the 6 train on westchester ave alot of bus drivers be over there with the bx12,23,50. So i got a chance to talk to a driver who was just hired a year and a half ago. He was telling me once you take your drug test you good and it shouldnt  be long before you call,he also said we will take another drug test before the medical or after wasnt sure. 4 years ago he told me he was convicted of a dui misdemeanor and thought he didnt have a chance of getting hired but now he good money and finish with his probation and waiting for top pay. He was saying he think MTA go back 7 years for felonies. The first 8-10 days are at zerega in the bronx, you will be doing left turns,right turns and other maneuver's,they will also take you to the city to drive.If you fail on the 8th day you have 2 more days to fix whatever problem exist and if you dont fix it they let you go."Thats why the lady at livingston will tell you dont quit your job take a leave of absence or vacation for the first 10 days because alot of people fail but if you pass on that 8th day you are a bus operator" After passing the first 10 days they can send you to any borough for the next part of training which is 6 weeks,he stated at that time enjoy your weekends because when you get to your depot there will be no more weekends of for you I'm pretty sure everybody on here knew that already. He stated the way you get to pick your depot is based on who have the highest score on all test and exams at the end of your training.Each depot has a certain amount of open spots so if it's 1 spot open in the depot you wanna go to and you have 5 people ahead of you the only way you get that deot is if none of them pick it. Once you pick your depot you start your line training and you receive the same pay as the driver you training with,thats cool because most likely they will have you with a veteran driver who at top pay and you will get to taste some of that top pay money for a while.Line training consist of all bus lines in whatever depot you choose the veteran driver drives from the first to last stop one way and you bring it back the other and you switch until shift is over. I think this was some great info he shared with me and thats why I'm sharing it with you all,I also choose to talk to him because he had a look to him as if he was a new driver and I was right. I work for access a ride so i know where all the bus driver usually be but I wanted to talk to a rookie because they just went thru the process not long ago and would remember the questions I had.   Good luck to everyone going in this week.

At 180 now , # 1 parking ticket if you owe they say pay or they will garnish you check. Does not have anything in doing with hiring you. #2 more than 4pt is a NO No,.#3 anything pending they won't touch you if it won't get you over 4pt pay it and don't get another ticket.# 4 if you get through you will be back in thirty days because you drug test is only good for 30 days if they don't call when they do you will have to take another if its after 30 days

At 180 now , # 1 parking ticket if you owe they say pay or they will garnish you check. Does not have anything in doing with hiring you. #2 more than 4pt is a NO No,.#3 anything pending they won't touch you if it won't get you over 4pt pay it and don't get another ticket.# 4 if you get through you will be back in thirty days because you drug test is only good for 30 days if they don't call when they do you will have to take another if its after 30 days

Troop. Where are u sitting? I wanna say hello. Hahaha

This was good to hear when she said it. My pending ticket is ok, would only be 2pts. Hope this quickens up.

I see u black hoodie

Blue shirt?

Yea I got a good job , make 30.27 hr don't wont to leave so fast and this is moving really fast if your paperwork is right

My job aint so bad now. I drive coach buses all over. I jus hate my jobs favoritism. I gotta stay on top of work to keep it. Other than that I hope I get to hear a yes or no. Dont keep me guessing.....guess theyre not doing 1 n 3 rule

Archived