Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I've been reading this forum for months but never posted. My father just retired from ta he was in staten island. does anybody know the last number that was called? I called hr today and they told me 300 but here it says different. My number is 607 I think I dont remember exactly, but I'm nervous that everything is not in order for me yet. Does anybody have an idea as to when my range of numbers will be called. I've been waiting six years to try to get into the civil service part of mta. This is all making me nervous lol.

Get your stuff ready now. Probably get a letter in Dec. I wasn't expecting to get a call so quick.I had nothing ready, I went to the DMV like 2 days after I got my letter and got my cdl permit. That is the main thing u need to get moving on.

Received a letter today stating I tested positive on the drug test, giving me 10 days to follow up with the MRO or I'm disqualified. I quit smoking marijuana 5-6 months ago, guess it wasnt soon enough. Truly hope I have the opportunity to state my case and continue on to training but I'm not so sure at this point. I'm really disappointed that this is happening after all the work I went through cleaning up my act. Reading your stories were truly inspiring and I wish you all the best.

Are you overweight? I have a friend, he is like 450 lbs and it took him 6 months to get clean, another friend who is 150lbs and took 2 weeks to get clean. There aren't special tests that dig deeper into your urine. Marijuana is either in there or not.

I was overweight when I was a smoker, but as I detoxed and began to cut out the junk food and made changes to my diet eating healthier I lost about 30 lbs and I can say this honestly, I aint going back. I've never felt better.

Did u test yourself before u went? Why wont u go back?

Received a letter today stating I tested positive on the drug test, giving me 10 days to follow up with the MRO or I'm disqualified. I quit smoking marijuana 5-6 months ago, guess it wasnt soon enough. Truly hope I have the opportunity to state my case and continue on to training but I'm not so sure at this point. I'm really disappointed that this is happening after all the work I went through cleaning up my act. Reading your stories were truly inspiring and I wish you all the best.

If you quite that long ago there is no way it could still be in your system. Something is not right. I know marijuana lingers the longest but not that long. If it is true that you really stopped everything when you say you did are you hanging around other people who are still smoking? Cause there is a slight chance second hand smoke could get into your system.

Get your stuff ready now. Probably get a letter in Dec. I wasn't expecting to get a call so quick.I had nothing ready, I went to the DMV like 2 days after I got my letter and got my cdl permit. That is the main thing u need to get moving on.

Are you overweight? I have a friend, he is like 450 lbs and it took him 6 months to get clean, another friend who is 150lbs and took 2 weeks to get clean. There aren't special tests that dig deeper into your urine. Marijuana is either in there or not.

Thanks nycpips, I am still studying for cdl permit although I've had so long for me to get it and my dad telling me to get it for years lol. I'm also worried about having student loans in default to the point where they can garnish my wages, I don't want that to affect me getting hired or me getting through and being on probation when the loans contact hr with a garnishment. I'm sure mta won't like that.

Thanks nycpips, I am still studying for cdl permit although I've had so long for me to get it and my dad telling me to get it for years lol. I'm also worried about having student loans in default to the point where they can garnish my wages, I don't want that to affect me getting hired or me getting through and being on probation when the loans contact hr with a garnishment. I'm sure mta won't like that.

Go to the dmv and take the permit. General knowledge, passenger and air brakes. If u fail u can take it again right, helps a lot to get a feel for the test. $5 each part, if u pass one and fail the other 2 u only have to take those again. I wouldn't worry about the student loans, I am in the same boat. I am sure plenty others are.

If you quite that long ago there is no way it could still be in your system. Something is not right. I know marijuana lingers the longest but not that long. If it is true that you really stopped everything when you say you did are you hanging around other people who are still smoking? Cause there is a slight chance second hand smoke could get into your system.

That might be what has happened, I have a cousin that tends to toke up from time to time but I'll go to the next room to stay clear of it so that I don't get a second hand buzz. Has anyone here ever tested positive and if so what was the outcome?

That might be what has happened, I have a cousin that tends to toke up from time to time but I'll go to the next room to stay clear of it so that I don't get a second hand buzz. Has anyone here ever tested positive and if so what was the outcome?

Second hand smoke to dirty your system is non sense unless your inside a car doming it out lol if u quit 5 months ago u would be clean..u even said u took on healthier habits..when did u really quit?

Go to the dmv and take the permit. General knowledge, passenger and air brakes. If u fail u can take it again right, helps a lot to get a feel for the test. $5 each part, if u pass one and fail the other 2 u only have to take those again. I wouldn't worry about the student loans, I am in the same boat. I am sure plenty others are.

When I "studied" for the test I did plenty of the practice tests you can find online thinking that was enough to pass the actual test, with some luck it just might have... failed twice by 1 question and the third time by 2 questions. After getting tired of driving back and forth to the DMV to try my luck I decided to give the Manual a try and study and guess what... it actually worked, when I took the test that final time I managed to get 48 out of 50 correct. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks but that's bull... do the work and you'll nail it first time out, or you could do what I did and pay $10 a day hoping you've memorized the answers or you could actually learn the material you're being tested on.

Second hand smoke to dirty your system is non sense unless your inside a car doming it out lol if u quit 5 months ago u would be clean..u even said u took on healthier habits..when did u really quit?

The last time I was in the same room as someone smoking had to have been around mid-september, Haven't smoked in 5-6 months, no lie.

Good news They will need about 200 drivers. A lot of newbies have been getting fired. Also at end December 2013 this is the last month of the year and a lot of people will be retiring. So Started the new year they already have classes lined up.The Training center has a board full of classes ready. I must say out of the 500 people that got called down only 375 people. And that is not a list number that is what is being process. To many people didn't show up or had to many pending tickets or didn't even have a driver's lic. So the next group get your paper work ready. They are sending out more packets out.

GOOD LUCK

So do you mean they are only looking for 200 drivers out of this entire list? Where did u hear that from?

Dee7...50-60 range on the 8th...Im in the mid 200's and went in on the 7th...anyone #175+ get a 2nd call back yet?

I'm in the 320s, nothing yet. I don't think they reached my number just yet. Hopefully early next week. Praying it happens.

Wow I am sorry! Just hope the best for you. Wish you all the best.

I wouldn't worry too much about loans and such. Honestly, I called the MTA HR, they said that your credit will not be a deciding factor in you getting hired. That is a big boost for a lot of us, and me also. I had a judgment against me which was satisfied earlier this year. Thank God I got it done or else who knows what would have happened. But Like I said, credit isn't a deciding factor. Just hope for the best and God willing we all will be ok,

Good news They will need about 200 drivers. A lot of newbies have been getting fired. Also at end December 2013 this is the last month of the year and a lot of people will be retiring. So Started the new year they already have classes lined up.The Training center has a board full of classes ready. I must say out of the 500 people that got called down only 375 people. And that is not a list number that is what is being process. To many people didn't show up or had to many pending tickets or didn't even have a driver's lic. So the next group get your paper work ready. They are sending out more packets out.

GOOD LUCK

So do you mean they are only looking for 200 drivers out of this entire

list? Where did u hear that from?

No man not the entire list, come on now. Just what they need immediately.

Burple nurple with a screen name like that it sound like you stll blowing it down. I'm just kidding but all jokes a side The worst thing you can do is test positve on a D.O.T drug test that's very serious I don't know if you have your CDL yet but if that positive stands it will follow you for 5-10 years if you try to get a job using your CDL. And another thing its impossible for you to test positive from a urine sample by catching a contact from someone eles smoking

Burple nurple with a screen name like that it sound like you stll blowing it down. I'm just kidding but all jokes a side The worst thing you can do is test positve on a D.O.T drug test that's very serious I don't know if you have your CDL yet but if that positive stands it will follow you for 5-10 years if you try to get a job using your CDL. And another thing its impossible for you to test positive from a urine sample by catching a contact from someone eles smoking

Yo D

U love talking about people's user names huh?

Answer my "stupid ass because I dont know anything" according to you....

Whats an MRO? Burple mentioned it earlier

seriously idk. If anyone knows...feel free to answer

A MRO stands for a Medical Review Officer. This is the term used for the doctor who reviews all drug screens before the employer receives them. The MRO will also contact the donor on any drug test where the result is not a clear negative. The purpose of the “interview” is to see if there is a legitimate explanation for that drug to be in the donor’s system.

Archived