Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

I'm pretty sure he wasn't the only one that failed because ppl wasn't expecting to get called this soon. & he didn't mention that he was on any medical drugs. It sucks to lose a career job due to drugs.

That is true but at the same time u do not risk a dirty urine. Should just deny it and re enter the list at a later time. No way burple stopped smoking for 5 months.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was talking to a friend of mine, he said marijuana can be detected up to 45 days in a urine sample. So basically, I'm sorry Burple, but it looks like you did marijuana somewhere in the past 45 days. It lingers in your system for a while.

Those people in Livingston Street do not fool around. Now I wonder, if anyone has been disqualified for alcohol?? Like I said, these people do not fool around.

It rarely happens but there is such a situation when a "False Positive" results. Just saying. Least likely but possible. I've seen it happen. Normally I would not mention this but I've literally seen it happen once.

Possible. But more than likely he didn't stop smoking thinking we wouldn't get called so quick, and then we did.

That is true but at the same time u do not risk a dirty urine. Should just deny it and re enter the list at a later time. No way burple stopped smoking for 5 months.

Yeah that is what he should've done. I guess that's one less person ahead of me if he can't prove y he failed.

Also be extra careful driving out there, I went to pick up my son last night from his friends house near red hook and the police have a sting operation/ set up going on by the brooklyn battery tunnel. They have an unmarked car drive slow in a lane that has a solid line then when you change lanes going over the solid line to pass the unmarked car a police car stops you for going over a solid line. smh Thankfully l talked my way out of a ticket and had 2 PBA cards on me. If not that would have been 2 or 3 points. But they did get other drivers.....so be careful.   

Also be extra careful driving out there, I went to pick up my son last night from his friends house near red hook and the police have a sting operation/ set up going on by the brooklyn battery tunnel. They have an unmarked car drive slow in a lane that has a solid line then when you change lanes going over the solid line to pass the unmarked car a police car stops you for going over a solid line. smh Thankfully l talked my way out of a ticket and had 2 PBA cards on me. If not that would have been 2 or 3 points. But they did get other drivers.....so be careful.

Getting toward the end of the year..

Cops need to fill that quota and make the city that $$$

Cant that b considered entrapment

I'm pretty sure he wasn't the only one that failed because ppl wasn't expecting to get called this soon. & he didn't mention that he was on any medical drugs. It sucks to lose a career job due to drugs.

No it doesnt for people like me who never smoked a day in my life and waiting for a chance....I have no worries about passing. This is jus weaning ppl out.

Hey somebody said a drug test would follow you on your cdl? My friend Anthony failed a drug test for mat, they called him three months later to try again. You're not disqualified forever. My friend who failed for mta is now three years in sanitation, so unless they changed the rules, failing a drug test won't follow you anywhere.

Hey somebody said a drug test would follow you on your cdl? My friend Anthony failed a drug test for mat, they called him three months later to try again. You're not disqualified forever. My friend who failed for mta is now three years in sanitation, so unless they changed the rules, failing a drug test won't follow you anywhere.

Hey great friend u are throwing "Anthony" out like that....

they should follow you...i kno dot tests and randoms from bus companies follow u....idk about pre employment tests

I got a letter in the mail today. It was only letting me know I passed the written exam and told me my list # . Lord knows when I'm gonna get the pre employment letter with this list #

I would say... in couple of weeks. Whats your # roughly? 

Drug Test Detection Times

Drug tests detect not only drugs but metabolites as well. Metabolites are the byproducts of a substance after it has run through your system. To determine whether you will pass or not, it is important to know how much of the illicit metabolites are in your urine, as well as the test “cut off,” or Level of Detection (LOD). Usually marijuana tests will have a cutoff of 50ng/mL, but it can be as low as 25ng/mL. Home testing can tell you whether your level at the time of the test is above or below the 50ng/mL level, but it will not tell you the exact level of THC metabolites in your system.

Marijuana Detection Time and Half-Life of TetraHydraCannabinol

The half life of THC concentration is about 10 days. There is way too much variation to even approximate how long THC will be detected in the urine of an individual. Infrequent users with a fast metabolism will have the shortest detection time. Frequent or chronic users with a slow metabolism will have the longest detection times. The only way to estimate a detection time is to consider the lower and upper bounds (3-50 days), and estimate based on the factors outlined here.

Marijuana Detection Time Based on Usage

Usage at 1 time only 5-8 days Usage at 2-4 times per month 11-18 days Usage at 2-4 times per week 23-35 days Usage at 5-6 times per week 33-48 days Daily Usage 49-63 days

Note: Detection times vary depending on many factors, including drug potency, tolerance, patient’s condition, fluid intake at time of test, method and frequency of marijuana use, body type, metabolism, exercise frequency and many others. These are general guidelines only.

If you are currently using marijuana and know you have a drug test coming up, contact our Detox PartnerPassaDrugTest.com immediately at 1-877-247-1354, or email them at info@passadrugtest.com.

If you use marijuana on rare occasions, your urine may be clean of metabolites in less than a week. There is a common and strange phenomenon that occurs with chronic users. You would expect a chronic user to have the longest detection time and the smallest chance of passing. This is not always the case. A chronic user with a high tolerance may eliminate drugs as fast as an occasional user. Chronic users have tested negative after a week long binge. Fat tissue also makes a huge difference. Skinny users not only have a faster metabolism (usually), but also lack storage for THC metabolites. The more fat a person has, the more THC metabolites will be stored in the body and thus the longer the detection time is for a user.

How Long Will It Take Until I Test Clean?

This is the single most frequently asked question about drug tests. It is impossible for anyone to estimate the time it would take for someone to test clean. The best thing you can do is test yourself after you have stopped smoking pot.Test about twice weekly until your first urine of the day tests clean. That is how long it takes you to detoxify your systemafter your normal smoking has. Even that will vary depending on your level of usage prior to abstaining and your level of physical activity while testing yourself.

Please be warned that computer programs, charts (including the one above) and graphs are virtually useless in determining how long it will take you, the individual, to test negative. Do not listen to sources who may tell you otherwise. Again, these are merely guidelines. If you are still interested in learning about various experiments regarding detection times, NORML has posted some valid information on the topic.

If you are a marijuana smoker concerned about cleaning out the toxins in your system, visit PassaDrugTest.com and read additional information on Permanent Body Cleansing SolutionsMarijuana.com’s only source for detoxification wellness will personally answer any questions you may have about ensuring your body is clean of all toxins. If you are concerned about your drug test, call our Detox Partner at 1-877-247-1354 or email them at info@passadrugtest.com.

How is a “Positive Test” Defined?

“50 nanograms of THC metabolites per milliliter” defines a presumptive positive by most laboratories and instant tests. This value was originally 20 ng/mL, but too many false positives resulted. So the level was raised to 100 ng/mL to reduce false positives. As of January 1995, the threshold was lowered back down to 50 ng/mL because it became known that drinking excessive water could easily bring the level of metabolites in the urine below 100 ng/mL. Some employers may use a lower cutoff, but that is rare. If a specimen screens non-negative for THC (anything other than negative or fails an integrity test), the specimen is then sent through a Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer (GC/MS) for the specific metabolite tripping the immunoassay screening. This level is set at 15 ng/m, and is used as the ultimate confirmation for a positive on your drug test.

Can Secondhand Smoke Cause a Positive Drug Test?

In rare occurrences, secondhand marijuana smoke can cause you to fail your drug test. It is possible that secondhand marijuana smoke will raise someone to the 50 ng/mL level. However, extreme secondhand exposure is required. For instance, being in a closed car full of pot smokers for several hours might cause someone to test positive in a drug testthe very next day. Non-smokers are safe in a ventilated area such as an average living room or garage where partygoers are smoking pot.

If you are even slightly concerned about receiving a positive drug test, call our Detox Partner at 1-877-247-1354 or email them at info@passadrugtest.com. After calming hundreds of thousands of test-takers over the years, they are well-equipped to not only calm your fears, but find the right solution for you.

What About Other Drugs? How Long Do They Stay In My System?

According to a survey by Quest Diagnostics, 50% of all drug test positives are for marijuana. What about the other 50%? The table below shows how long drugs other than marijuana typically stay in your system:

Urine

Blood

Hair

Saliva

Marijuana- Single Use 1-7 + days 12-24 hours Doubtful

Not validated.

Estimated 0-24 hours

Marijuana – Regular Use 7-100 days 2-7 days

Months

Amphetamines 1-3 days 24 hours Cocaine 1-3 days 1-3 days Heroin, Opiates 1-4 days 1-3 days PCP 3-7 days 1-3 days

Good news They will need about 200 drivers. A lot of newbies have been getting fired. Also at end  December 2013  this is the last  month of the year and a lot of people will be  retiring. So Started the new year they already have classes lined up.The Training center has a board full of classes ready. I must say out of the 500 people that got called down only 375 people. And that is not a list number that is what is being process. To many people didn't show up or had to many pending tickets or didn't even have a driver's lic. So the next group get your paper work ready. They are sending out more packets out. 

GOOD LUCK

Training classes is every 2 weeks when they decide to have classes.

I have a question...with the upcoming holiday season, do you think they are going to have a class from December 23rd to January 3rd? This may be the case since they desperately need bus operators. If that is the case, then when are they going to make up the days lost for Christmas and New Years?

Archived